Author Topic: Fornits attitudes on AA border on the absurd....  (Read 33390 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: Fornits attitudes on AA border on the absurd....
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2010, 08:36:55 PM »
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:39:07 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2010, 09:42:02 PM »
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:39:46 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2010, 09:58:44 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Anne,
 You seem to know alot about this program he went through, but don't ya think you were a little rough on his career choice and his consciousness right now. Can we not bring folks around with a smaller bat. He just joined the site that day.
Here is his post and yours. I also posted this because here is another 7 step AA (StepCraft) program that got shut down due to violence. VIOLENCE BEING THE KEY WORD HERE. I'VE LEARNED ALOT ABOUT VIOLENCE THESE PAST WEEKS.
Danny

Why are you posting that in this thread and not in the one the post originated?  And quit trying to moderate this place.  You're always telling people to move this post here, and that post there.  As I tell my dog when she's picking up something she shouldn't,  leave it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2010, 11:40:43 AM »
He is trying to follow  in the footsteps of his ELAN friend Mark Babitz.  They are really a weird bunch of AA pushing cult leaders that stay in contact with their abusive supervisors from ELAN.

Offline mark babitz

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »
Quote from: "gae saeki"
He is trying to follow  in the footsteps of his ELAN friend Mark Babitz.  They are really a weird bunch of AA pushing cult leaders that stay in contact with their abusive supervisors from ELAN.
:fuckoff:  :fuckoff: Hey stupid I know its you.did you forget the site always shows the member date and you are surprisingly new. I think I have once again I have found  He Whom We Dont Speak Of, As I have mentioned Trolls are fun just watch this, Hey ass-hole I was never in AA, I didnt drink until I was 25 or so and then didnt last long,  My parents were Alcoholics so they drank enough for everyone, I smoked bails of pot but never hard drugs, Tried coke but dint like it and pills I never liked, I dont like taking aspirin,So those things weren't my vises. I was and am an adrenalin nut. I like risk and challenge, as if people cant see that,I became very educated academically and socially, So when I enter into a room I fear nothing but God himself,Be it a fight physically or veritably I do win . I also pick my battles, and most folks aren't  smart enough too do that, We are all out matched by someone, the key is knowing who that is immediately. Trolls are the hardest ones to teach because they aren't very smart or think on their feet. They just walk up and start talking, generally out of their ass, and wont leave. If Danny want to talk about his views on AA so what. If anyone thinks he talks out of his ass so what, I see people are worried about him wanting control, well dummy's he has it. When He Whom We Dont Speak Of came around he was shunned and then removed. If all of you condemners felt so strong about him being mis-guided wouldn't  it be the positive group thing to embrace him and help him think differently or at lease hear his view in a civil manner. I dont know shit about A.A,I have heard the 12 steps and the serenity prayer, and the prayer is used in allot of treatment formats,[ Except the thing I cant change and the wisdom to know the differences] etc, Hey folks that the rules of life not just A.A.Recall I said pick your fight in life, and know when to charge and when to back off ?? Same thing different words.You only take losses in life when you go after some thing you were never going to get, and  ether by being to hard headed or too stupid too know the difference. A mistake is only a mistake when you dont learn some thing from it.Then you lead into insanity,the repetitious behavior. But as far as A.A. I have no opinion, It seems to work for some and not others I would guess it all what you give to it and yourself, like anything else in life. I have had friends in A.A.and Narcotics Anonymous. but thats about my knowledge of it. Some say its habit some say its a disease I dont know,  Its been said to be hereditary. Who knows and who cares as long as the person isn't drinking or whatever and is staying alive, alls well .Who cares if their sobriety comes from talking to a tree, if thats their higher power and it works God bless. Being close minded and too stern also does damage to yourself.Because you just might mis something good in all the dribble,. You might only get 5 pounds out of 50 pound bag,but there is use. So be open minded and support your Trolls. :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :rocker:  :rocker:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
Hey ass-hole I was never in AA, I didnt drink until I was 25 or so and then didnt last long, My parents were Alcoholics so they drank enough for everyone, I smoked bails of pot but never hard drugs, Tried coke but dint like it and pills I never liked,

We pissed off Mark and struck a nerve :rocker:    Mark you are still on hard drugs like most ELAN fags are.  Keep working hard at your AA/NA/warcraft meetings!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2010, 01:50:49 PM »
I like risk and challenge, as if people cant see that,I became very educated academically and socially,

More like socially and academically challenged Mark.  We can tell because of your diluted thinking when you write.   :rocker:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »
Trolls are the hardest ones to teach because they aren't very smart or think on their feet. They just walk up and start talking, generally out of their ass, and wont leave.

Correction:  ELAN trolls are the hardest brainwashed cult members to teach because they are three cards short of a full deck.    :rocker:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2010, 03:24:45 PM »
Right down the shitter.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:41:11 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »
Anne just answer the question. Then stop beating up new guys. You have a male complex?????
Since when do you tell me what to do. I already have somebody doing that...lol
Danny

I'm not telling you what to do.  It's called threadjacking you moron.  Are you new to discussion boards?

Threadjack    

To take over the content of a message thread by changing the subject of discourse to a topic outside the purview of the original subject and/orforum, while maintaining the subject line. A form of amusement for trolls.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2010, 05:02:50 PM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:26:07 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:25:12 PM by Anonymous »

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »
2nd reply......Femanon you don't belong there so it will sound that way, it's like Country Music some folks here, "she left me boo hoo hooo" I here beautiful melodies and strings the older the better. Conway Twitty, George Jones, Johnny Cash, Jr, Wylon Jenning ect.....sweet music.
Hang around long enough here you will be singing another tune. People change and in AA those whiners after a while they stop and life gets better. So there is nothing to complain about.
I don't know who told you "that everytime you talk about your past it damages your psyche" but they ought to stop....lol.
Like I said your hearing what your hearing and that person sharing is hearing what they need to hear.
Did or have you ever considered this may be helping that person.
 :shamrock:
Danny

I just wrote a long reply, then it got deleted by my browser... not to mention I'm really not sure I should even be wasting my time with this response in the first place, so forgive me if I sound a bit annoyed.

You want to know who told me?... My psychology professor! it's called retraumatization and it is not only detrimental but it's also has the power to take over ones personality and in some cases lead the subject back into self sabotaging behaviors and even violence.

Not sure if you've ever taken a psychology class before in your life but this is a common theme with survivors of traumatic events, and I don't believe it would be a stretch to say addicts fit in this category as well. I have witnessed it first hand, not only with friends (especially program survivors) but with in my family as well, in fact I'm pretty sure this condition is exactly what lead to my cousin committing suicide.

Let's not pretend that because you go to AA that you are some kind of expert, because clearly you are not and in my opinion, because of your ranting and raving here on fornits you are only leading those who are on the fence to discredit you and AA simply because you are the one advocating it. I'm not trying to be rude, nor do I have anything personal against you... as I hope you can tell I like to stay out of the personal drama and stick to discussing the points... But the fact that you have been so one sided, and unwilling to even consider logical reasoning makes us all sick and tired of trying to have a debate with you... it's like screaming at a brick wall :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

I don't know how much you may know about other programs, but the program I was in DRILLED AA/NA into our heads... I feel like if there are any experts on AA it should be me... At High Impact we literally listened to the BIG BOOK on tape (over and over again) and took tests on it... there came a point where I didn't even have to listen to the question before I knew the answer. I attended hundreds of meetings in my day, in fact it was something of a stipulation for me to not get sent back to casa to go to no less than 3 a week... I've seen it all, and done it all and because of that experience these are the questions I have. If the answer to those questions are just "you don't belong there so it will sound that way" then I believe that in and of itself proves my point.

AA is nothing but a watered down cult perpetrated by the self righteous zealots and drug war politicians... None of it makes sense, in fact most of it is ass backwards and NO ONE should consider AA/NA a legitimate "treatment" for alcoholism or drug addiction... quite frankly it pisses me off that there are so many people who are really in need of help and this is all they can get.

That being said, I am glad you have found the personal strength to improve your life, be it with the help of AA or not you have accomplished a truly remarkable feat and I commend you for that... I wouldn't be so quick to pass off the credit to AA tho, I would be very adimit to say that you and you alone earned the credit. In fact I bet you could leave AA right now and as long as you have faith in yourself and don't question your strength without AA you would be just fine without it.

I hope you don't mind but I've said all I can say here, and it looks like you are all too busy bickering to really debate this subject so I think its best if I just leave it well alone. Best of luck to you.

:rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:  :rasta:
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2010, 08:14:38 PM »
Oh and I vote to change this topic to "Danny B's attitudes on AA border on the absurd...."
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]