Author Topic: Re: AND THEY NEVER LOOKED BACK? THEY LEFT IT OPEN  (Read 5699 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: AND THEY NEVER LOOKED BACK? THEY LEFT IT OPEN
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 02:56:09 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
I want to get my friend and any Elan vet together for an evening. He uses all the same terminology as you guys. So where did Gateway come from? I know this guy is a little older than I am so we're talking about his stay having been late 70's to very early `80's. Which came first?
:shamrock:
That would work I was 6/75-1/77............Then worked....1/77-11/78.....stayed in touch w/staff till off and on till..89-90.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 03:03:14 PM »
I want to get my friend and any Elan vet together for an evening. He uses all the same terminology as you guys. So where did Gateway come from? I know this guy is a little older than I am so we're talking about his stay having been late 70's to very early `80's. Which came first?
Gateway. It's been around since 1968. Like I said, it is one of the very earliest addiction rehab TCs. David Deitch helped set them up.

Abraxas has been around since 1973. The woman who founded Abraxas came out of Gateway.

What Abraxas and Elan have in common is David Deitch, albeit one or two generations of TCs removed. Deitch helped setup Daytop as well (just prior to Gateway, if I'm not mistaken).
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Gateway. It's been around since 1968. Like I said, it is one of the very earliest addiction rehab TCs. David Deitch helped set them up.

Abraxas has been around since 1973. The woman who founded Abraxas came out of Gateway.

What Abraxas and Elan have in common is David Deitch, albeit one or two generations of TCs removed. Deitch helped setup Daytop as well.
Ursus,
Has David Deitch ever had any connection in any way shape or form w/ Elan, that you have seen in your travels. I/we
have searched and cannot find anything, yet. It's there b/cuz Joe Ricci and Dr. Davidson spoke of him at times, concerning concepts of the program genesis of encounter groups and what not. Daytop was mentioned but Joe had a
sour taste for that program. I cannot remember exactly but I believe most of the slogans we used came from Syn.
I think felice remembers alot of them.... :shamrock:  :shamrock:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »
Antigen,
Thanks skimed over it, will spend more time tonite reading and tomarrow morn.
Man it appears to be interesting stuff. The meet w/ Elan Vet. not sure if I
qualify since I let alot of memories lay dormnt for so long, just starting to
come around with recollection. I will help anyway I can thou as I'm sure
others will..... :shamrock:  :shamrock:

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 11:49:06 AM »
Danny or MarK do I know you all.

I was there from 7, 74 to 7,76 I was in the poland spring house till it got split up and then went to 2a the house down from the big house in Waterford ....did my re-entry in waterford.

sorry to get off topic.

Matt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »
Quote from: "Matt C. Hoffman"
Danny or MarK do I know you all.

I was there from 7, 74 to 7,76 I was in the poland spring house till it got split up and then went to 2a the house down from the big house in Waterford ....did my re-entry in waterford.

sorry to get off topic.

Matt
Matt,
 Marty and Ronnie were the directors at 2a then I believe and Peter was at 6. That was happening in 76, here are some names for you
Rick Rosenhaus, Lou Ginsberg, Myarm Zybee,Gail Barron, Ronnie(hot girl w/black hair), Tim Foreman, on and on. Alan Frey
Marty came to Elan 5 to be director in 76. I was there then. I got there in 6/75 - 1/77. So who knows maybe if we saw one another.
........ :shamrock: .............Danny..........P.S. Good to see you back, we need you bring others with you. I'm trying, they will if things stay calm.

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 01:40:06 PM »
Oh I know all the folks you mentioned  all of those people were in my house at 2a. The hot chick with dark hair , there was one Named Ricky L.  Mer was a beautiful persian woman Oh I know all of these people and then some.

I was the first kid to have a four house general meeting.  probably aroud the time you got there .Had a miserable 3 month shotdown. Alan F. was also staff at 2a so was Bob S.

peter was at 6 that is where I did my re-entry. zaretski was the assistant wanna be director.(that was not until 3 0f 76. I got out of that hellhole in 7 of 76 . I still have my diploma with ricci and davidsons signature on it along with kruglik ,and Ronnie e.  and mccann all signed it .

I knew Alan Frey.  did you know Bob Holt?  He is dead now, Bob was from my home town in Virginia.

Ronnie  E. and marty .do you know what happened to ronnie ?

I remember over 120 plus people from my time there.

Sue H. strawberry blonde head girl she was part of the Mer ,Gayle Ricky rentry group.  Mer was sweet.

Sorry went off topic.

Matt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 10:09:13 PM »
Oh I know all the folks you mentioned  all of those people were in my house at 2a. The hot chick with dark hair , there was one Named Ricky L.  Mer was a beautiful persian woman Oh I know all of these people and then some.

I was the first kid to have a four house general meeting.  probably aroud the time you got there .Had a miserable 3 month shotdown. Alan F. was also staff at 2a so was Bob S.

peter was at 6 that is where I did my re-entry. zaretski was the assistant wanna be director.(that was not until 3 0f 76. I got out of that hellhole in 7 of 76 . I still have my diploma with ricci and davidsons signature on it along with kruglik ,and Ronnie e.  and mccann all signed it .

I knew Alan Frey.  did you know Bob Holt?  He is dead now, Bob was from my home town in Virginia.

Ronnie  E. and marty .do you know what happened to ronnie ?

I remember over 120 plus people from my time there.

Sue H. strawberry blonde head girl she was part of the Mer ,Gayle Ricky rentry group.  Mer was sweet.

Sorry went off topic.

Matt
If you remember Ricky Levine, Gail Barron, Mer Zybee all did there re-entry in Elan 5, by this time I was Full expeditor. Do you remember Mike O'neil and who where the brother and sister combo at Elan 6. Alan Frey, Louie Ginsburg, Larry Smaller and Rick Rosenhaus were my roommates in a house in Windham just outside of Grey. I came to Elan 6 during a tight house in 76 to help expedite.
I do remember Sue H. and I also remember Bob Holt. You and Steve Simmons had a 4 house GM , he was Ed Freidmans nephew. He threw neil ? out of the house car and stole the car. Love to remember.
............. :shamrock:  :shamrock:  :shamrock: ..........Danny

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 10:40:24 PM »
Danny, there was a two brother and sister combos  ..Wally and Judy ...and Jane and I can't remember his name I do remember their last name began with a Mc. All these brother and sister combos started in 2a Jane and her brother could have left 2a and gone to 6

Did you know Leslie B.

Funny I don.t remember any kid doing the rounds with me during my 4 house ,,,, But that could have been the fact that I was a little distracted at the time.

there was a large michigan delegation in 6

there was a Marc Rosenberg    Steve F. he was a very good guitar player,  Loiue Ginsburg  black hair

Mike O neil   Collen N.  did you Know Bob L. he was from chicago got put back in the house I think he originally split and was gone for about a year.  you must remember Tim D.

mike F   the list goes on and on  therefore you must remember me!

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 10:58:47 PM »
in fact threre were 3 brother and sister combos   Gail had a brother Dick he was a mountain climber.also in 2a.

Wally and judy were step brothers.  did you know Marie F.  you know there were a lot of cool people in that place, and sure  like  everybody was gonna get along. But there were some really cool people in there.  

I left around the 7 day of july .  all these neat people in such a horrible place.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 11:01:54 PM »
Danny, there was a two brother and sister combos  ..Wally and Judy ...and Jane and I can't remember his name I do remember their last name began with a Mc. All these brother and sister combos started in 2a Jane and her brother could have left 2a and gone to 6

Did you know Leslie B.

Funny I don.t remember any kid doing the rounds with me during my 4 house ,,,, But that could have been the fact that I was a little distracted at the time.

there was a large michigan delegation in 6

there was a Marc Rosenberg    Steve F. he was a very good guitar player,  Loiue Ginsburg  black hair

Mike O neil   Collen N.  did you Know Bob L. he was from chicago got put back in the house I think he originally split and was gone for about a year.  you must remember Tim D.

mike F   the list goes on and on  therefore you must remember me!
Yes Marc Rosenberg was there then. It was Jane and her brother and your right their last name did end in Mc. Did you play football,
Alan Frey was transferred to Elan 5 and played w/ me on Elan 5 team. We play elan 6 & 2a Ronnie was your Coach. Marty was ours.
I'm sure I do, who knows been so long. I would have to see you, you probably know me??????
We are way off topic, maybe we should move this to Elan forum. lol
Take care... P.S. NO Steve Simmons did not do a GM w/ you sorry, what I meant to say he got a 4 house GM.

Offline tim rodey

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »
Hi all,
 It's me.....I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes i am still breathing, and no Sharon hasn't buried me yet.....I see the little babies are still at it...... Please allow me to post this question. Please anyone, feel free to put in your info, ideas, or opinions..... Why are some individuals feeling the need to bash others.. Including and especially, what "they will refer to as the weaker sex" ???? Bringing up sexual assualts is a little immmature. Don't you think??? Especially considering the person(s) spewing the venoum, were not only residents in that asylum, but also found it in their heart and was able to rationalize the abuse to become "staffers".... I was under the impression this was a forum where peoples opinions, and comments could be voiced and heard in an adult manner... By the way, www.elansurvivorsgroup.com, will be up and running again after sharon and I can appease the immature, whining, individuals we even asked not to visit our site... Go figure...Tell a child not to play with that toy, you know the toy they don't even like anyway, and BAM!!!! They just can't help themselves... Maybe we'll send them personal, private invations this time...  Peace all..~Tim

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
I am sorry

I did not understand what you were talking about ?

maybe I am having a senior moment .... no offense meant.

I am at a loss.  sexual assaults ...immature  .....I am not following .  I 've always believed that sexual assaults should be reported, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

sorry

Matt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 09:34:42 PM »
Quote from: "tim rodey"
Hi all,
 It's me.....I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes i am still breathing, and no Sharon hasn't buried me yet.....I see the little babies are still at it...... Please allow me to post this question. Please anyone, feel free to put in your info, ideas, or opinions..... Why are some individuals feeling the need to bash others.. Including and especially, what "they will refer to as the weaker sex" ???? Bringing up sexual assualts is a little immmature. Don't you think??? Especially considering the person(s) spewing the venoum, were not only residents in that asylum, but also found it in their heart and was able to rationalize the abuse to become "staffers".... I was under the impression this was a forum where peoples opinions, and comments could be voiced and heard in an adult manner... By the way, http://www.elansurvivorsgroup.com, will be up and running again after sharon and I can appease the immature, whining, individuals we even asked not to visit our site... Go figure...Tell a child not to play with that toy, you know the toy they don't even like anyway, and BAM!!!! They just can't help themselves... Maybe we'll send them personal, private invations this time...  Peace all..~Tim

Why are some individuals feeling the need to bash others.. Including and especially, what "they will refer to as the weaker sex" ? Bringing up sexual assualts is a little immmature. Don't you think??? Especially considering the person(s) spewing the venoum, were not only residents in that asylum, but also found it in their heart and was able to rationalize the abuse to become "staffers"...
 :shamrock:......................-----......................---.........................---..........................---.................................. :shamrock:
I do not understand this whole line of thinking and where it is coming from. We just came off a rough week and were starting to get are act together.
Why go backwards right now attacking one another, we are definitely on are way to developing stragedy to get after Elan. Read the posts here from the last 3-4 days. The imput from folks here has been awesome.
............. :shamrock:.............Danny

Offline Troublemaker

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 07:24:10 PM »
Quote from: "Danny Bennison"
Quote from: "tim rodey"
Hi all,
 It's me.....I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes i am still breathing, and no Sharon hasn't buried me yet.....I see the little babies are still at it...... Please allow me to post this question. Please anyone, feel free to put in your info, ideas, or opinions..... Why are some individuals feeling the need to bash others.. Including and especially, what "they will refer to as the weaker sex" ???? Bringing up sexual assualts is a little immmature. Don't you think??? Especially considering the person(s) spewing the venoum, were not only residents in that asylum, but also found it in their heart and was able to rationalize the abuse to become "staffers".... I was under the impression this was a forum where peoples opinions, and comments could be voiced and heard in an adult manner... By the way, http://www.elansurvivorsgroup.com, will be up and running again after sharon and I can appease the immature, whining, individuals we even asked not to visit our site... Go figure...Tell a child not to play with that toy, you know the toy they don't even like anyway, and BAM!!!! They just can't help themselves... Maybe we'll send them personal, private invations this time...  Peace all..~Tim

Why are some individuals feeling the need to bash others.. Including and especially, what "they will refer to as the weaker sex" ? Bringing up sexual assualts is a little immmature. Don't you think??? Especially considering the person(s) spewing the venoum, were not only residents in that asylum, but also found it in their heart and was able to rationalize the abuse to become "staffers"...
 :shamrock:......................-----......................---.........................---..........................---.................................. :shamrock:
I do not understand this whole line of thinking and where it is coming from. We just came off a rough week and were starting to get are act together.
Why go backwards right now attacking one another, we are definitely on are way to developing stragedy to get after Elan. Read the posts here from the last 3-4 days. The imput from folks here has been awesome.
............. :shamrock:.............Danny
The troubled teen industry is ineffective because advocates are after money, fame or are as abusive as the programs they\'re fighting