Author Topic: To drug list...or not to drug list?  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
To drug list...or not to drug list?
« on: April 12, 2002, 11:58:00 AM »
We all had this impressive string of drugs that we had to rattle off to anyone when asked......more or less a self-condemnation recited on cue.  

Regardless of the fact that we all added drugs to our list in order to please the Staff and Group....how many of you think that putting things like "inhalants" and "uppers" just because we may have huffed glue once in junior high, or experimented with a No-Doz that we found in our parents bathroom drawer....just really shouldnt have counted?  

I guess it really depended on your personal situation, if the above was ALL you ever did...which in my opinion does not constitute a drug problem....or if you were a hardcore heroin addict and the above was small potatoes.  

Just curious on the opinions here....

Here is my annotated drug list!

Hi, my name is Carmel, I used alcohol (a drug!), pot, acid, exstasy (not X, thats druggie slang!), uppers (no-doz), Downers (Ny-quil without asking my mom), cocaine, crack, PCP, (all of these added together because I smoked a laced joint once and wasnt really sure which of these it was laced with, better safe than sorry!)inhalants (Scotch Guard)....you get the point.....I am a hardcore multi-drug user, and I am dangerous to myself and others.

I had used very little before I was put into Straight...it wasnt until I got out that I actually got anywhere near developing a drug probelm!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 03:52:00 PM »
I was basically a head prior to coming into straight.  I had my list and in fact, all the drugs I listed, I actually did, except I really didn't "do" all of them.  What I mean by that is in my list, I included cocaine.  How I used cocaine was to take what was left of it in the bag afte the last bump was taken out and rubbed it on my gums . .. but hey, it made me sound more hard core and that is what counted.  What a shit hole we were in.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2002, 10:25:00 PM »
Carmel, what you said pretty much described me (with that laced joint, I was told it was cocaine, so I put it as a drug that I used).
Most oldcomers didn't believe me when I couldn't remember how many times a week I smoked pot.. I told them I did it whenever I could get it, I wouldn't pay tons of money for it or steal it from my parents.. most of the time it was just given to me by some screwed up kid I knew in high school.
Since they didn't believe me about that.. I told them I sniffed glue (like you stated) in 8th grade a few times and drank any alchohol I could find.. I'm still weak when anyone mentions tequila, so I totally stay away from bars.
I haven't drank in nearly a year (it will be a year in September) and I haven't done any drugs since my intake (12 years on the 20th of April.. my date of intake).
If you count scented highlighter pens.. well, I don't know, it didn't make me high and it was labelled safe when I bought them for work.. anyone can be the judge of that.
I still like the smell of gasoline when I pump it at the gas station in my car.. not that I sniff my gas tank or anything, but just the aroma of it.

Do you remember those stupid tests we had to take in jr. high that were labelled for "career choices" or something around those lines? I remember it mentioned something like "if you like the smell of gasoline, you will work in one" or something to that affect (I'm 29 now, so my memory of all those years has slightly faded).
I must say that I have never worked at a gas station, nor any fast food place, even in Straight since I only made it to 2nd phase.
However, I will say I now work for a big corporation doing everything in my power to do the best at my job and have been there for a quite a while now.. I think those "career test" were a bunch of bull personally.
usan Minns

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2002, 10:45:00 AM »
I think any and all standardized testing is crap....to be perfectly honest.  Whats good for one cant possibly be good for all.  Sort of like Straight in a way huh?

I think especially those personality and career tests are the worst.  I have taken them many times and answered differently each time....I still never got a call back.  Its sort of like credit....you either have to much or too little, too good or too bad....either way, no one ever gets approved.

I even took a test for a gentleman that was a hardcore Scientologist, for this Veterinary Tech position.....he dissected my personality with a chart and some slide show....I was disgusted.

I think if people are reduced to reading a test result instead of speaking face to face with someone, then we are that much closer to the end of the world.

Ha! Line up kids! Now grab that beltloop!
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2002, 03:57:00 PM »
I think that is degrating personally.. regarding the tests that is.

I remember applying for a job at Rite-Aid and I was denied that position without even knowing why.
A few months later I put in an application at a very good company and now I sit in a cubical all day talking on the phone.

I would love to tell Rite-Aid where to shove it and flaunt the company I work for now.. I bet they would be upset that they didn't allow me to even try to work there.. lol
usan Minns