Author Topic: looking for springfield va from 1988-1990.  (Read 1190 times)

Offline airborneranger75th

• View Profile
looking for springfield va from 1988-1990.
« on: January 27, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »
Hi,I am new to this forum.I have posted on others such as facebook and the yahoo one.Hopefully i will get a better reception this time.I am looking for people who were in straight with me from march 1988 to 1990.Particullary phil fienstien and chris weaver.My name is andrew gimmi i never graduated copped out 8 times.Made it to oldcomer status twice.My parents didnt make me go back the last time i left .cause shit i only had 6 months till i turned 18 and they knew i would sit it out.Fuckin 15 years old did pot twice and drank a total of 3 times.I was an angry guy when i went in there.Didnt get to wear my shoes much.Got to see the loading dock alot and intake rooms for spit therapy.I actually hid in the cieling from the infirmary with an oldcomer till the building closed.I always wanted to see what was in the magic staff room in back.I was dissapointed.stole glenn steepletons black sabbath jacket and took some of the confisctated music shirts.we got caught after hitchiking from va to pennslyvania.Walking alot of the way.Managed to escape other ways too moving bed form door skipping out when oldcomer was in shower and so forth.I never ran for the door though.almost everybody got caught.It has been over twenty years and my life has been full.I have struggled since the day i left straight to find my way in this world.My parents were completly washed into the "if you take your kid home he will die or he is just a druggie liar"I begged them to pull me each time i left but of course i was lying.I have practically been on my own since 17 years old..Its kinda fucked up when i see old family friends and they still act like i am that angry 15 year old still cause they dont have anything else to go on.Ive got lucky and met a couple of people i was in there with already and i am excited they are doing well.I dont hold ill toward many of the kids in there.It was the staff i fuckin hated.If i saw terry frisco right now id break his fuckin nose and a couple of other staff members that did me personal harm and misery.I joined the army.kinda funny marines wouldnt take me because i had been in straight.I am going through counseling right now mainly cause i was diagnosed with ptsd.I have been seeing a shrink for 5 years now.they have done the brain scans and other things so they know my depression and other things are related to that (ptsd) and not a chemical imbalance or brain malfunction.I honestly dont know if it is because of straight or watching my friends get blown up.My shrink says i need to get rid of those bad psychological habits.Thankfully i dont have to take any medicine.I was worried that dredging this all up would make problems for my head but it has actually helped.Looking forward to hearing from you:)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
Re: looking for springfield va from 1988-1990.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:45:54 PM »
Welcome to Fornits. I joined the army shortly after getting out of Straight as well. I adapted so easily to army life cause after what I had been through at Straight, the army was just grits and gravy. I was in the infantry in the late 80's so I never saw anything for real. Just constant target practice and cleaning weapons mostly. I have quite a few friends who, like yourself have seen war up close. Most guys I know who have been there are carrying a pretty hefty dose of PTSD. Is the VA treating you OK?
Your escape from the building by hiding in the ceiling is fuckin awesome. Too bad you didn't have a lighter to spark that mutha up before you left that night. I copped out on 5th phase. Just walked away.
You are obviously pissed off. Well, we should get along cause I am too. I have a righteous hatred for many staffers and Straight in general. I would like the opportunity to smash some of these scum. On the atlanta Straight FB page some ex-staffer was discussing having a "reunion". No, it wouldn't be a good idea for me to attend something like that. Unless of course, they wouldn't mind me bringing my baseball bat and ball-pen hammer in with me.
I also just wanted to let you know that i was struck by your description of seeing family and such that still look at you as that 15 year old dope-head druggie from straight. This awkward feeling is the primary reason I feel uncomfortable attending any family functions. It is an awful feeling and I wish I had a cure for it. Maybe we will eventually find some peace with it all, i don't know. I am steve from FB. If its OK I will send you a friend request there. thanks,  Shag
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »