Author Topic: Rolling my own....  (Read 1393 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Withdraw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Rolling my own....
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:48:33 PM »
Well, Yes.. like some of you.. I also smoke cigarettes. Since the new FSC cigarettes came to Md. I have been quite ill. Symtoms like.. extreme fatigue, soar throat, suddenly coughing, sneezing, weird taste in my mouth, SEVERE headaches, body aches.. geesh the list goes on and on. So, today I started reading about this FSC stuff they started putting in the cigarettes, and low and behold It is an additive that is the same as carpet glue.. Now I don't know about you, but I wouldn't choose to be inhaling burnt carpet glue...And the symptoms that other people are experiencing match my own... SO>..

I went and did it.. I stood in the tobacco store and purchased all the stuff I need to roll my own until I quit once again. And the difference is amazing. So, if you smoke.. and are not ready to quit. Try rolling your own, the difference is incredible.

And if you are interested in the information about FSC additive, look it up.. and watch the youtube videos about it.. it is just amazing what the government does to us without us even realizing it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Rusty Goat

  • Posts: 238
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:43:27 PM »
Withdraw, I found that smoking a brand called "American Spirit" solved all them coughing, etc... symptoms. Plus, when eating ice cream or drinking alcohol, there's no "I GOTTA HAVE A SMOKE" urge. Fewer triggers, less actual smoking. I've made a 20 pack last 4 days, LOL. It's pure tobacco, goes out if you don't take a drag, You can take about 20 drags off that thing before it's at the filter, thus one cig can last about 10 minutes, it's just amazing really. The only hang up for me is the cost, about a buck more per pack than regular commercial BS, but whatever it's WELL worth it. You know, smoking a million chemical compounds or just tobacco, a nobrainer... And, if you go for a day without smoking, it's no big deal, like nail biting, etc... nope. Hardly any withdrawls ( ;) ) Just 2cents.   :rasta:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

  • Administrator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 5602
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 12:50:13 AM »
Quote from: "Rusty Goat"
Withdraw, I found that smoking a brand called "American Spirit" solved all them coughing, etc... symptoms. Plus, when eating ice cream or drinking alcohol, there's no "I GOTTA HAVE A SMOKE" urge. Fewer triggers, less actual smoking. I've made a 20 pack last 4 days, LOL. It's pure tobacco, goes out if you don't take a drag, You can take about 20 drags off that thing before it's at the filter, thus one cig can last about 10 minutes, it's just amazing really. The only hang up for me is the cost, about a buck more per pack than regular commercial BS, but whatever it's WELL worth it. You know, smoking a million chemical compounds or just tobacco, a nobrainer... And, if you go for a day without smoking, it's no big deal, like nail biting, etc... nope. Hardly any withdrawls ( ;) ) Just 2cents.   :rasta:
I've found the same thing with American Spirits.  They're great cigarettes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Withdraw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »
A few weeks ago, I couldn't believe it when I checked the Natural American Spirit cigarettes and found they too contain the new FSC carpet glue additive! it's a law now that ALL  ( in most states) cigarettes must have the chemical in them... BUT, the law only mandates pre-rolled ones....

So, earlier I purchased a packet of Natural American Spirit tobacco and the rolling machine and the Top cigarette tubes and OMG, what a fine tasting smoke.. LOL. No more weird chemical taste and my headache is already going away. The new FSC additive is causing a lot of sudden and severe health issues. Since the FSC stuff started, I have been to the Doctor 3 times and the ER once... for all things that could be contributed to poisoning from Ethylene Vinyl Acetate. (The new additive chemical in all cigarettes). I'm betting there will be a class action suit happening soon for all the problems it is causing people. It is a dangerous chemical which should never be burned and inhaled. I have no idea what made anyone in the government think this was OK to add to cigarettes. And the way they just slid it in without warning the public is the part that makes me really angry. I can't decide it it is a conspiracy to make people quit smoking or make smokers die quicker... All I know is, I will never put a FSC cigarette to my mouth again.

For you who do smoke, please go read about this new additive in FSC cigarettes.. Please, for your health and the health of those around you. I mean, I know smoking is very bad and unhealthy.. but NOW it is way worse than it ever was before. Our livers can not process this chemical and it is poisoning us.. fairly quickly. Even the Natural American Spirit cigarettes have this chemical in it, its a law....for all pre-rolled cigarettes... So roll your own, its easy, cheaper and chemical free.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Inculcated

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 801
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Really? This particular topic comes up now of all times....
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 02:05:00 AM »
Quote from: "Withdraw"
...
I went and did it.. I stood in the tobacco store and purchased all the stuff I need to roll my own until I quit once again. And the difference is amazing. So, if you smoke.. and are not ready to quit. Try rolling your own, the difference is incredible.

And if you are interested in the information about FSC additive, look it up.. and watch the youtube videos about it.. it is just amazing what the government does to us without us even realizing it!
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "Rusty Goat"
Withdraw, I found that smoking a brand called "American Spirit" solved all them coughing, etc... symptoms. Plus, when eating ice cream or drinking alcohol, there's no "I GOTTA HAVE A SMOKE" urge. Fewer triggers, less actual smoking. I've made a 20 pack last 4 days, LOL. It's pure tobacco, goes out if you don't take a drag, You can take about 20 drags off that thing before it's at the filter, thus one cig can last about 10 minutes, it's just amazing really. The only hang up for me is the cost, about a buck more per pack than regular commercial BS, but whatever it's WELL worth it. You know, smoking a million chemical compounds or just tobacco, a nobrainer... And, if you go for a day without smoking, it's no big deal, like nail biting, etc... nope. Hardly any withdrawls ( ;) ) Just 2cents.   :rasta:
I've found the same thing with American Spirits.  They're great cigarettes.
Damn it. Im sitting here chewing through the plastic on a Nicotrol inhaler after sucking the flavor and artificial coloring  out of a 4mg. piece of Nicorette and you people are igniting my burning desire for that sweet rapturous gratification that can only come from a pull on the burning carcinogenic real deal. Nat Sherman Fantasias are my preference.
I want a cigarette any cigarette. Ive tried an American Spirit or two and theyre harsh. I dont care right now. I want one. Id even settle for one of the tolulene and formaldehyde contaminated brands with a fiberglass filter. Id smoke a Basic or a Gauloises or even one of those nauseating Cloves.
When does the craving go away? I want it to stop.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Froderik

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7547
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 10:16:50 AM »
Stop smoking (cigs).... problems solved.  :tup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

  • Administrator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 5602
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Really? This particular topic comes up now of all times....
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
Damn it. Im sitting here chewing through the plastic on a Nicotrol inhaler after sucking the flavor and artificial coloring  out of a 4mg. piece of Nicorette and you people are igniting my burning desire for that sweet rapturous gratification that can only come from a pull on the burning carcinogenic real deal. Nat Sherman Fantasias are my preference.

Thems are expensive smokes.

Quote
Ive tried an American Spirit or two and theyre harsh.

Try the yellow (as opposed to the blue).

Quote
I dont care right now. I want one. Id even settle for one of the tolulene and formaldehyde contaminated brands with a fiberglass filter. Id smoke a Basic or a Gauloises or even one of those nauseating Cloves.
When does the craving go away? I want it to stop.

Dunno.  I've always cured it with a cigarette (or gum on a flight). :P  I've just never had a real desire to quit.

If you're getting nicotine in your system through alternative means, the desire for a cigarette is probably mostly psychological (oral fixation).  You could find some other way to satisfy that through chewing gum, chewing on a straw...  stuff like that I've heard helps.  You could also buy a vaporizer.  They do make them small and despite their "usual" use, you can use them to vaporize tobacco.  There is also "e-cigarettes", though many of them are of poor quality.  Try looking at reviews.  Here's a site I just googled:

http://www.ecigaretteschoice.com/
another:
http://www.electroniccigarettereview.com/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Inculcated

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 801
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Hm, it turns out indeed sometimes its not just a cigar
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 04:16:16 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
If you're getting nicotine in your system through alternative means, the desire for a cigarette is probably mostly psychological (oral fixation).  You could find some other way to satisfy that through chewing gum, chewing on a straw...  stuff like that I've heard helps.  You could also buy a vaporizer.  They do make them small and despite their "usual" use, you can use them to vaporize tobacco.  There is also "e-cigarettes", though many of them are of poor quality.  Try looking at reviews.  Here's a site I just googled:

http://www.ecigaretteschoice.com/
another:
http://www.electroniccigarettereview.com/

Thank you for the interesting links Psy. I recently had a friend briefly mention something like this, but I assumed he was talking about the Nicotrol inhaler. Ill give him a call and ask for a testimonial and a demonstration.
The different models are kind of neat. The cigar and old school pipe looking ones would be a quirky juxtaposition for me. If it turns out that I like this nicotine delivery method, Im leaning toward the black design.
Yes, the Nat Shermans are a bit pricey. With the tax hikes they all are. The lack of additives and their mildness made the price point negligible, IMO. That, and the foil tips and pretty colours.
The chronic asthma and other factors (never could stand that l'odeur de smoker) have become my more pressing considerations. Of course, these considerations are reflected on between the nagging insinuations from my nicotine fiend mind.

Thx again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Rusty Goat

  • Posts: 238
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 04:21:07 PM »
Wow, I'll have to check the paper tubes on these Spirits, but man, It's looking like roll your own is also in the works. Earlier this year I had been off the smokes altogether for damn near 8 months, going back and forth trying to figure out how to grow it, since I have plenty of space/resources, to do so. But, then time went on and well, it's 2010 and no plants yet, broke down and bought these Spirits since they claim to be 100% natural. Um, I had no idea about this FSC until I read Withdraw's post. HOLY SHIT! If it aint one thing it's another... additives, chemicals, poisons, tax tax tax, regulate regulate regulate. I mean really, all these politicians are making serious deals with TOXICITY. Kill the people!!! It's the law!  

 I like that song "toxicity" btw, I think it's by "Disturbed". Man, Hey Withdraw... thank you for posting that info!! BTW, would you use filters or just roll it up and light? I'm thinking about just rolling up some Baccodoobs, LOL hey, that could be a new catch phrase.

How long till a cop pulls me over to check my smokes?

DRIVER!!!  DROP YOUR CIGARETTE OR I'LL SHOOT!!!!   ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::  :roflmao:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Rusty Goat

  • Posts: 238
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »
http://ryorevolution.com/              ::OMG::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 164659
  • Karma: +3/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
Rolling my own

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

  • Administrator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 5602
  • Karma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »
Quote from: "Rusty Goat"
Wow, I'll have to check the paper tubes on these Spirits, but man, It's looking like roll your own is also in the works. Earlier this year I had been off the smokes altogether for damn near 8 months, going back and forth trying to figure out how to grow it, since I have plenty of space/resources, to do so. But, then time went on and well, it's 2010 and no plants yet, broke down and bought these Spirits since they claim to be 100% natural. Um, I had no idea about this FSC until I read Withdraw's post. HOLY SHIT! If it aint one thing it's another... additives, chemicals, poisons, tax tax tax, regulate regulate regulate. I mean really, all these politicians are making serious deals with TOXICITY. Kill the people!!! It's the law!  

 I like that song "toxicity" btw, I think it's by "Disturbed".

Nah.  It's an album title (and a title track) by System of a Down.

What's funny (or not so funny) about FSC is that without additives found in many cigarettes (cept sprits) to cause the papers to burn faster, they would naturally extinguish.  Only result of FSC now is to make good cigarettes like spirits taste bad.  I'm definitely considering rolling my own now.  Much cheaper too.

Quote
Man, Hey Withdraw... thank you for posting that info!! BTW, would you use filters or just roll it up and light? I'm thinking about just rolling up some Baccodoobs, LOL hey, that could be a new catch phrase.

If I do start to roll my own I'll probably do it with tubes rather than papers.  My feeling is that cops would probably stop me while driving and smoking what appears to be a joint if I used papers.  It might be too much hassle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Rusty Goat

  • Posts: 238
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
yeah, and then they'll lace the papers with something to stifle the roll your own crowd, or the lobbyists/non-smoking zealots will figure out a way to pressure the regulators to ban rolling papers due to the confusion cops experience distinguishing between pot or tobacco and so on... SFAF, Smoke Free America Foundation,  :timeout:

 I'd like to know more about this chemical being added and the people who are pushing it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Withdraw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 12:20:40 AM »
SO, if your cigarettes have FSC over the bar code, they are laced with the EVA (Carpet glue)....It is poison, not just an inconvenience.... just one Quote from a Harvard study...:
"The Harvard School of Health reported that when comparing NY Cigarettes (FSC) versus Regular Cigarettes, the FSC cigarettes produced 13.9% more Naphthalene and 11.4% more carbon monoxide than regular cigarettes. Naphthalene is commonly found in moth balls, and exposure in high amounts can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, malaise, confusion, anemia, jaundice, convulsions, and coma. Therefore, it has been proven that FSC cigarettes contain higher levels of chemicals that are harmful to smokers.

I bought the light tops tubes with filters and an 8.99 tube packing machine thingie.. and a pack of Natural American Spirit tobacco. The tubes were 3.99, the pouch of tobacco was 6.99 (makes about 2 packs worth of smokes). I am sure it is cheaper to buy the can of tobacco and of course there are much less expensive tobacco.

Ok, been doing this for about 3 days and I feel a lot better. It is actually noticeable. I worked a full shift and at no point did I think I would die from shortness of breath or leg/back pain.. I haven't had sinus issues or a headache since Friday. I am completely done with those FSC poison sticks.

And it is sort of nice to make them myself,makes smoking them more satisfying in a way...

I am serious guys, start reading the information.. this FSC stuff is bad, bad news...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Withdraw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 419
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling my own....
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 12:34:48 AM »
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1170 ... -than-ever


read everything you can....make an informed choice...This is but one article.. I'm too tired to look for more atm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »