Author Topic: Suspension Room???  (Read 2714 times)

Offline damanamanit

• View Profile
Suspension Room???
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Mr. Paperclip
...HOLY SHIT!!

They showed you the suspension room. They told you it was a time out room for those that break the rules. LIES! You couldn’t believe kids would be in there for up to six weeks at a time. Well, listen here Mrs. Ignorance, kids can be in there for up to 12 weeks. That’s 3 months of isolation! And guess what, you don’t go in there for just breaking the rules! Suspension is considered part of someone’s treatment at Carlbrook. You’re expected to have been in there for at least 4 weeks by the time you graduate. Most people spend around 1/3 of their entire stay in that room. Why does someone go into suspension? Because their advisor (therapist) wants them to. Why do they want them to? F.I.!!! During my stay at Carlbrook, I saw over a hundred prisoners locked up in suspension. Only four of them were in there for breaking the rules. The reason why I was in there was because I asked too many questions? Ever read 1984? Big Brother…Thought Police…all that jazz, well that is what life is like in these places.

Would someone please go into more detail about the suspension room at Carlbrook. This is the first I have heard of it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Suspension Room???
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:37:34 AM »
If I remember the story correctly of a CB parent who used to post here -- she reported her son was in isolation for practically half of his stay there (which was about a year or so).  I'm not sure about the details of what the room was like.  I'd have to ask.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline damanamanit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 07:43:09 AM »
If you could find out more I would greatly appreciate it.

Stunned....LIVID.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 08:39:13 AM »
Quote from: "damanamanit"
If you could find out more I would greatly appreciate it.

Stunned....LIVID.
It's somewhere in Charly's posts.  Try this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=20531#p243192

Not sure if it was an isolation "room" per-se but he was isolated from the rest of the group for an extended period of time.  Charly once mentioned the details but I forget where.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline damanamanit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 12:32:10 PM »
Thank you, Psy. I have been doing further reading and I am on overload. I need to step back and write to clear things up in my mind. Thanks again for your help.

All my best,

Damanamanit

Offline doyouknowwhoiam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »
well as a past carlbrook graduate i can tell you everything you want to know...i spent about 5 weeks in there myself.
heres a pic of the empty room
[/url]
just to clarify...its not total isolation because for the most part people still go to school from 8-3 while in here. however if you do something really serious then you go to out of school which is basically being in there all day.
you sit face forward in the desks...cant talk or look at anyone else. can only raise your hand to ask a question, and only "can i go to the bathroom/get water/etc". the tv is there for a movie twice a week. you eat meals in here besides breakfast, and even then you cant talk to people. the only things you can do is homework, read selected books, or do therapeutic assignments.