Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Synanon

The Children of Synanon

(1/2) > >>

Inculcated:
A 1977 study on the Children of Synanon -Conducted by the Synanon research institute...The epitome of Ultra creepy.
"This study was supported by a NIMH grant"

Ursus:

--- Quote ---"This study was supported by a NIMH grant"
--- End quote ---
Yup. Synanon got several grants over the years. Our government was quite interested in how that little experiment turned out.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "Inculcated" ---A 1977 study on the Children of Synanon -Conducted by the Synanon research institute...The epitome of Ultra creepy.
"This study was supported by a NIMH grant"
--- End quote ---

JUST AMAZING AND DISTURBING AT THE SAME TIME AND I HAVEN'T FINISHED YET.
MY SUPPER THAT IS, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK I WAS TALKING ABOUT.
TRY EATING MY ..... FOOD.    LOL..... :shamrock: ....GREAT STUFF INC.

Anonymous:
When did Mel Wasserman leave Synanon?

Inculcated:
Exposecedu: An educational consulting firm Is very interested to know the answer to that very same question

--- Quote ---In (or near) 1972 Mel Wasserman, a gentleman who was very close to Charles Dederich founded Cedu High School. According to Wikipedia, (as of October 8, 2008) Wasserman was a former Synanon Resident.  We doubt that, as Synanon was intended to be a lifelong commitment and people who left the community were not generally treated cordially by those still in the community. Clearly Wasserman lived outside the Synanon Community.  (If any reader wants to dispute that date, or clarify Wasserman's actual connection with Synanon and Dederich, please respond to us with corrected information and/or clarification.)
--- End quote ---

DannyBennison:  ??? Maybe, repost when you’ve digested.

Ursus: other quotes from the same A 1977 study on the Children of Synanon illustrate the daily lives of children and infants within Synanon.

--- Quote ---Synanon provides the most extreme example of child rearing by multiple caretakers. Up to 20 different caretakers per year care for these children; with parents spending an average of approximately three hours per week with their children.
Ranging from 6 mos. To sixteen years of age… Here the child lives with his peers while the parents live in the larger Synanon community…
--- End quote ---

Are there links to any other studies conducted on the children there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version