Author Topic: the ever litigious KEN HUEY of CALO sues JEN's parents  (Read 18337 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
the ever litigious KEN HUEY of CALO sues JEN's parents
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »
Y'all will remember Jennifer, the girl who ran away from CALO last year? I imagine her family wasn't too happy about how that all went down... The last we heard, Jen was eventually found, safe and sound, but was not going back to CALO.

Well... apparently... CALO is now suing her parents for breach of contract.

·
·

To access case particulars:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do
    click on:
Litigant Name Search
type in for 'Business name': Change Academy
click: Find[/list][/list]

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Party Name · CHANGE ACADEMY AT LAKE OF THE OZARKS INC
Address on File · LAKE OZARK, MO
Case Number · 10CM-CC00004

Party Type · Petitioner
Circuit · Circuit 26

Style of Case · CHANGE ACADEMY AT LAKE OF THE OZARK V JOHN MICHAEL
County · Camden

Case Type · CC Breach of Contract
Location · Camden Circuit
Filing Date · 01/07/2010
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: the ever litigious KEN HUEY of CALO sues JEN's parents
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:56:58 AM »
[email protected] > Ken Huey e-mail address

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 03:09:07 AM »
Requesting a post of the contract in question that was supposedly breached. Let's see this shit.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 08:06:56 AM »
^this...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 08:43:02 PM »
Anybody have a copy of the contract in question, or any news as to how this lawsuit is going?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Docket Entries, case 10CM-CC00004
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 02:35:37 AM »
Some info re. the case, from the link in the OP... The Michaels have filed a counterclaim, and there is currently a modicum of volleying back and forth between counsel for the respective parties. Gerard Harms is CALO's attorney; Matthew Hamner is attorney for the Michaels:

Docket Entries
10CM-CC00004 - CHANGE ACADEMY LAKE OF THE OZARKS V JOHN MICHAEL E

01/07/2010
    Docket Entry:      Pet Filed in Circuit Ct
      Filing Party:    HARMS , GERARD JOSEPH JR[/list]
      Docket Entry:    Request Filed
        Text:    REQUEST FOR SUMMONS AND PETITION FOR SERVICE
        Filing Party:    HARMS , GERARD JOSEPH JR[/list][/list]
        01/11/2010
          Docket Entry:      Summons Issued-Circuit
            Text:    Document ID: 10-SMOS-3, for MICHAEL, JOHN.[/list]
            Docket Entry:    Summons Issued-Circuit
              Text:    Document ID: 10-SMOS-4, for MICHAEL, ROSE.[/list][/list]
              02/03/2010
                Docket Entry:      Summons Personally Served
                  Text:    Document ID - 10-SMOS-4; Served To - MICHAEL, ROSE; Server - ; Served Date - 20-JAN-10; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Sheriff Department; Reason Description - Served[/list]
                  Docket Entry:    Member of Family Served
                    Text:    Document ID - 10-SMOS-3; Served To - MICHAEL, JOHN; Server - ; Served Date - 20-JAN-10; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Sheriff Department; Reason Description - Served; Service Text - SERVED WIFE[/list][/list]
                    02/16/2010
                      Docket Entry:      Motion to Dismiss
                        Filing Party:    HAMNER , MATTHEW PHILLIP [/list][/list]
                        02/26/2010
                          Docket Entry:      Suggestions in Opposition
                            03/18/2010
                              Docket Entry:     Answer Filed
                                Text:    AND COUNTERCLAIM
                                Filing Party:    HAMNER , MATTHEW PHILLIP[/list][/list]
                                04/22/2010
                                  Docket Entry:      Response Filed
                                    Text:    RESPONSES TO DEFENDANTS AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES
                                    Docket Entry:    Answer Filed
                                      04/28/2010
                                          Text:    RESPONSES TO PLAINTIFFS AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES TO DEFENDANTS COUNTERCLAIM

Disclaimer from the Missouri's CaseNet site: "This information is provided as a service and is not considered an official court record."

Offline CALO Student #17

• View Profile
                                          « Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 07:13:17 PM »
                                          For those that remember me, sorry for not posting in almost a year. I completely forgot about this site when I got busy, then never remembered to pick it up again.

Anyways, what was the "breach of contract"? Does anyone know yet?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                                          « Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »
                                          Quote from: "CALO Student #17"
                                          For those that remember me, sorry for not posting in almost a year. I completely forgot about this site when I got busy, then never remembered to pick it up again.

Anyways, what was the "breach of contract"? Does anyone know yet?
                                          I imagine it may have to do with Jen's parents pulling her from the program (perhaps due to concerns re. her well-being, given that she was able to run away), and CALO deeming that a "breach of contract" (i.e., they wanted the full tuition monies paid regardless). However, I really do NOT know that with any certainty whatsoever; this is pure speculation on my part.

As far as progress in the case goes, as of just now, there haven't been any more updates in the docket entries. The most recent entry is still 04/28/2010, as noted in my previous post...

Offline CALO Student #17

• View Profile
                                          « Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 01:26:21 PM »
                                          ahh, I see. Well that makes sense to me. Something along those lines happened to me a few years back. I left a military school earlier than I was supposed to (about 1/3 of the way into the year), and they did the same thing. They didn't take us to court though. They said that if we didn't pay for the whole year's worth of schooling, then they wouldn't give me my transcript. So yeah... I was held back a year because of them being assholes. Since they wouldn't release my transcript, I had to re-take all the classes from the year before =/

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
                                            • View Profile
                                          « Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »
                                          I suspect that Ken Huey is less after money and more after intimidating the parent population. At that time there was quite a bit of up heavel in the parent population and I'm willing to be he decided to go after Jenn's parents as a warning to other parents. Or at least that is one of his reasons and I don't view him as one of those uncomplicated sorts.

Offline TigerEye

• View Profile
                                          « Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 08:14:06 PM »
                                          Quote from: "Che Gookin"
                                          I suspect that Ken Huey is less after money and more after intimidating the parent population. At that time there was quite a bit of up heavel in the parent population and I'm willing to be he decided to go after Jenn's parents as a warning to other parents. Or at least that is one of his reasons and I don't view him as one of those uncomplicated sorts.
                                          Huh?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                                          Re: Docket Entries, case 10CM-CC00004
                                          « Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 09:28:55 PM »
                                          Update: last two entries are new. Again, Gerard Harms is CALO's attorney; Matthew Hamner is attorney for the Michaels.

Docket Entries
                                          10CM-CC00004 - CHANGE ACADEMY LAKE OF THE OZARKS V JOHN MICHAEL E

01/07/2010
                                            Docket Entry:      Pet Filed in Circuit Ct
                                              Docket Entry:    Request Filed
                                                Text:    REQUEST FOR SUMMONS AND PETITION FOR SERVICE
                                                01/11/2010
                                                  Docket Entry:      Summons Issued-Circuit
                                                    Text:    Document ID: 10-SMOS-3, for MICHAEL, JOHN.[/list]
                                                    Docket Entry:    Summons Issued-Circuit
                                                      Text:    Document ID: 10-SMOS-4, for MICHAEL, ROSE.[/list][/list]
                                                      02/03/2010
                                                        Docket Entry:      Summons Personally Served
                                                          Text:    Document ID - 10-SMOS-4; Served To - MICHAEL, ROSE; Server - ; Served Date - 20-JAN-10; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Sheriff Department; Reason Description - Served[/list]
                                                          Docket Entry:    Member of Family Served
                                                            Text:    Document ID - 10-SMOS-3; Served To - MICHAEL, JOHN; Server - ; Served Date - 20-JAN-10; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Sheriff Department; Reason Description - Served; Service Text - SERVED WIFE[/list][/list]
                                                            02/16/2010
                                                              Docket Entry:      Motion to Dismiss
                                                                Filing Party:    HAMNER , MATTHEW PHILLIP [/list][/list]
                                                                02/26/2010
                                                                  Docket Entry:      Suggestions in Opposition
                                                                    03/18/2010
                                                                      Docket Entry:     Answer Filed
                                                                        Text:    AND COUNTERCLAIM
                                                                        04/22/2010
                                                                            Text:    RESPONSES TO DEFENDANTS AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES
                                                                            Docket Entry:    Answer Filed
                                                                              04/28/2010
                                                                                  Text:    RESPONSES TO PLAINTIFFS AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES TO DEFENDANTS COUNTERCLAIM
                                                                                  07/16/2010
                                                                                    Docket Entry:    Certificate of Mailing
                                                                                      07/30/2010
                                                                                        Docket Entry:      Certificate of Mailing

Disclaimer from the Missouri's CaseNet site: "This information is provided as a service and is not considered an official court record."

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• Newbie
                                                                                          • *
                                                                                          • Posts: 760
                                                                                          • Karma: +1/-0
                                                                                            • View Profile
                                                                                          « Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 09:33:02 PM »
                                                                                          Those "Certificates of Mailing" imply that CALO is suddenly unwilling to respond. I wonder why?
                                                                                          ...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline TigerEye

• Posts: 49
                                                                                          • Karma: +0/-0
                                                                                            • View Profile
                                                                                          « Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »
                                                                                          Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
                                                                                          Those "Certificates of Mailing" imply that CALO is suddenly unwilling to respond. I wonder why?
                                                                                          No, it merely means that certain documents were mailed - the official certificate of mailing has to be documented in the "docket" or the registry about the case.

Offline jenmichael

• Posts: 6
                                                                                          • Karma: +0/-0
                                                                                            • View Profile
                                                                                          « Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »
                                                                                          hello i am a first timer on this site, my name is Jennifer Rose Michael. I am a former student from calo and multiple other treatment centers. Although it has been stated on many other occasions as i have see thus far, i ran away but did not get away for long. I was intercepted by the police fifteen days after my escape from calo. I was then returned to one of the previous programs that i attended, that was based in iowa. I am wondering first off how this site heard about my escape from calo and second how you have been getting information about me. I reciently turned eighteen and am wanting to know more about what i have been kept from for the past year or so. I am willing to give any information that anyone may be wanting from me. I was amazed at first that myself and my friend Tom were on this site so many times. I understand that there is a great interest in the safty of the teens of calo... but i must also admit in the same breathe that calo's primary concern is secrecy... if anything major would happen it was usually kept from the students unless it was need to know, or seemed that it would motivate a particular student. If anyone is willing to shed some light on the subject of what is going on with my adoptive parents or what you know about my friend Tom or myself please feel free to contact me more directly at my email adress [email protected]. Thank you to any potientally helpful people who may shed some light on what is going on with John and Rose and the such. Sencerely,
                                                                                          Jen Michael