Author Topic: The Big Cheese  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
The Big Cheese
« on: January 06, 2010, 09:28:09 AM »
Ok you activists...you know who you are... I've got a simple request....I'd like some interweb LINKS  about Mel Sembler, please....links that you would show to someone who never HEARD of Straight, Inc. You see, I want to do something to spread info to the rest of the world concerning the horrible truth about who Mel Sembler is, what he did and what he is still doing..I'll do this on facebook and anywhere else I can think of!

The way I see it there is never enough of this until Mel and Betty Sembler pay for what they did (I know, I doubt we'll see this happen anytime soon, but I want to at least try).... Thanks in advance!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
Re: The Big Cheese
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 10:50:30 AM »

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
Re: The Big Cheese
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 01:14:53 PM »
http://www.alternet.org/story/27725/?page=entire

This article, Novemeber of 05 by John Gorenfeld (disinterested third party...no direct Straight affiliation that I am aware of) doesnt focus so much on Straight Inc, but more so on what a slimy douche he is. Shows how Mel thinks so very highly of himself. One day I should drive around St.Pete here with my video camera and show that ya cant swing a dead cat without litterally hitting one of his properties. It's a difficult place to live, constantly seeing his name on bill boards advertising his properties.

I have limited time at the moment, but I have had run ins with members of his family on a buisness level. And even one incident that Metal God 8 should rember at a protest at Mel's annual appreciation dinner. Still strikes me as odd that he annually had, and suspect he still does, have gala events in his own honor.

The incident/protest was in Tampa, I know MG8, kPickle,Sammie and Ray Bradbury's brothers where there. I was approached by a man and asked what the hub-bub was all about. Still amped from the commotion, he asked if I could talk with him rather than continue screaming (mea culpa). Turned out that the man was actually Bret/Brent (whatever) Sembler, Mel's son. Not recognizing him at the time, I spoke with him at great length and I remember, he had his son and daughter with him. I recall in ending the conversation in regard to Straight, I looked at he and his children and then asked if he would, god forbide his children have problems, if he would send his children thru Straight Inc or anything like Straight (the look of horror on thier faces I wont forget). He looked me in the eye and simply said..."I understand"

It was 2-3 years later I would end up doing some work in thier home at the Bayou Club in St.Pete (Seminole actually...but close enuff) Even though I certainly knew thier last name was Sembler, I hadn't connected the dots, untill I was waiting in an area of the home for my check. The room was filled with pictures and so I began to glance at them. I recognised Mel & Betty Sembler immediately and my bowels turned to ice. The next dot that connected was Bret (who was writting the check) was the same guy I had spoken with 2-3 years earlier. The really odd thing about that particular experience was that Brett was extremly down to earth guy, despite the grandeur (sp) of his home....palacial (sp)! Fortunately, he did not recognise me, or let on that he recognzed me. But the photos on the wall spoke volumes...Almost every member of the Bush clan where in many of the photos, Floridas now, Govenor, Charlie Crist was in many many photos. And many other "dignitarys/VIP's".Very Very errie. I have since declined any work request from them. Not for fear of being recognised...but the whole experience just rattled my cage. I dont need $$$ enough or that bad, I can make plenty more else where without subjecting myself to that environment and betraying my own sense of self. However, I did feel for Brett, I bet if circumstances where different and he felt safe, he would have had much to say. But, he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth,and it must be a difficult thing to step up to poppa Sembler and risk the vast fortune heading his way and I imagine he struggles with issues left over from the Seed (he was a newcomer in my first gf's home. Her brother was Bretts oldcomer while in the Seed.) Her mother told me many a story about Brett, especially how he enjoyed her phenomenal Southurn Cooking (which he loved...grits, collards and hamhock over the "Finer French Foods" he was raised on.

Shit,now I am late.

Much Peace
woof
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right