Author Topic: Dr. Phil  (Read 5518 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Dr. Phil
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 02:26:55 PM »
I couldn't agree more.  What an asshole!  He refers to plenty of programs, mostly in Utah.

His background is pretty friggin sketchy.  Got out of psychology because of an "inappropriate" relationship with a client.  A client who was young and pretty and vulnerable.  Hmmmmmmm.

IMO, he runs very close to the definition of a malignant narcissist, just as Miller Newton.  Carmel's right.  Phil very well could have been a program guru.

This is just a blog, but the facts are true nonetheless.  

http://www.craigandsam.com/Phil

Dr. Phil Phacts and Phiction.

Myth #3  His first marriage to his high school sweetheart ended with a mutual parting of the ways.  Not even close,
according to his first wife, who claims she left him because of his infidelity.  

Myth #4  After a football injury in Tulsa, he transferred to Texas college and continued his education.  This
statement appears in almost every biography of Phil.  It implies that he transferred directly from Tulsa to a college in Texas
and continued his education.  However, if reports from his first wife are accurate, Phil went into the health spa business and
the couple lived in Kansas.  The "transfer" took about three years.  During that time he narrowly escaped charges for his
questionable business practices.  His health spa schemes reportedly ripped off so many people, laws were rewritten to change
the rules in Kansas for running health spas.  Phil ended up leaving town in the middle of the night to escape his financial and
mounting legal problems.  Many other schemes have surfaced over the years according to these stories from various sources.

Phil went to school and played football in Mission, Kansas.  His high school sweetheart, Debbie Higgins (McCall) was a
cheerleader. In a rare interview, she reveals the they both graduated in 1968.  She went to Southwest Missouri State in
Springfield, while Phil went to the University of Tulsa on a football scholarship.  She could only afford one year of collage, so
after that year, she returned home to Roeland Park, Kansas. Phil had also moved closer to family after a football injury.  His
father had begun practicing psychology in Texas, so Phil moved to Texas.  Phil asked Debbie to move to Lubbock, where he
had taken a job at a health spa. In November of 1970 they returned to Roeland Park to get married in Debbie's childhood
church.  Eventually, they moved to Topeka, where Phil built and owned a health spa. The marriage ended when friends and
neighbors questioned his commitment to the marriage. "When I confronted him about his infidelities he didn't deny these girls
and told me that it had nothing to do with his feelings toward me, to grow up, that's the way it was in the world," McCall said.
She left him in 1973 and moved back to Kansas City.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 10:55:52 AM »
What the FUCK is with all the spam lately????

Offline Lolita

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
Quote from: "kaydeejaded"
Back to the Dr Phil thing. He rubs me the wrong way. Abrasive, annoying, arrogant, quick fix psychobabble bullshit.

And the dude was brought up on some sort of sexual charge and had to be re- liscenced? What the fuck? He is a bully.What was done with the seed saved from the India Hemp last summer? It ought, all of it, to have been sewn again; that not only a stock of seed sufficient for my own purposes might have been raised, but to have disseminated the seed to others; as it is more valuable than the common Hemp.
George Washington, Writings of Washington, Vol. 35, pg. 72

As far as I remember, he doesn't even have a degree in psychology. He's all talk and bullshit. And even after all that verbal vomit coming from his mouth about fidelity and such, he recently was caught having an affair. What a hypocritical asshole.
“This is the culture you\'re raising your kids in. Don\'t be surprised if it blows up in your face.”
-Marilyn Manson

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »
Quote from: "Lolita"

As far as I remember, he doesn't even have a degree in psychology. He's all talk and bullshit. And even after all that verbal vomit coming from his mouth about fidelity and such, he recently was caught having an affair. What a hypocritical asshole.

From what I recall, he does have a degree in psychology. What he doesn't have (anymore), is the license to practice.

The following thread has a lot of material, including Lifespring influences, Thelma Box, the dirt on the "inappropriate" relationship Dr. Phil had with his patient (who was also his employee), etc. etc. etc.: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24516
-------------- • -------------- • --------------