Author Topic: Sunset Bay Academy webpage revamped  (Read 13352 times)

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Sunset Bay Academy webpage revamped
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:28:58 PM »
Quote from: "anythinganyone"
http://sunsetbayacademy.com/history.html
SBA applauds the efforts of organizations and websites spearheading the effort to identify schools that engage in unethical practices and dismiss their professional and ethical responsibility to the children and families they serve as they continue to operate with unconscionable regard to the emotional wounds they create. Some members of these organizations are young men and women who were former students deeply hurt by these schools. They have made it their mission to identify these disturbing abusive practices.
LOL.  I cannot stop laughing.

Good marketing approach and very slick site, I have to admit, though.  It's up there with the best bullshit I've seen.  WWASP has some sense of humor.  I haven't seen a mention that it's in Mexico yet.  It says "20 miles south of San Diego California" but somebody not familiar with the history of the place or geography of the region might not know that.

Actually, it does mention it on the facility page with several links to some Mexican documents.

Good lord look at that video (which i just archived):
http://sunsetbayacademy.com/about_us.html

How much do you want to bet 90% of that is stock footage.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Sunset Bay Academy - History
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
Here's the entirety of that page for posterity's sake:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

SUNSET BAY ACADEMY HISTORY

Oceanside Teen Center opened in July 2008 and later changed their name to Sunset Bay Academy in April 2009. The academy hired licensed psychologists to implement the most important aspect of Sunset Bay Academy’s behavioral health model. The expertise of our licensed therapists have created the greatest impact on our families by providing a critical support system to both students and parents working to heal, strengthen and restore their families.

Sunset Bay Academy’s Program Director and Medical Director lives on the premises and are accessible 24/7. Each psychologist was carefully selected for their credentials, professional history, and most important, for their passion in working with youth and families.  

As a therapeutic boarding school, we follow a strict professional and ethical standard that sets us apart from other international boarding schools. Given the climate of abuse that has plagued numerous therapeutic boarding schools in the United States, Sunset Bay Academy delineated the parameters of their best practices when it was founded in July 2008.

SBA applauds the efforts of organizations and websites spearheading the effort to identify schools that engage in unethical practices and dismiss their professional and ethical responsibility to the children and families they serve as they continue to operate with unconscionable regard to the emotional wounds they create. Some members of these organizations are young men and women who were former students deeply hurt by these schools. They have made it their mission to identify these disturbing abusive practices.

Sunset Bay Academy continues to actively solicit the feedback of professionals in the behavioral health field to strengthen all student and parent services.

We continue to create bi-national partnerships with academic institutions, government agencies and non-profit organizations. We are a transparent therapeutic boarding school with numerous documented site visits by parents, California policymakers, community-based organizations, scholars, and professionals in the behavioral health field.

Sunset Bay Academy © 2009
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »
Whoever their webdumbass is, it also tried editing their Fornits wiki entry.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Whitsaunders

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 06:22:13 AM »
Wow what a joke. Sunset Bay Academy is just Casa by The Sea with yet another new name. I will never be convinced of their supposed unaffiliation with WWASP. I was there in 2001-2003 and I can guarantee it's just as horrible of a place as it was back then. I wish I could go down there and free all the kids in there and burn the place to a crisp! This school is nothing but a Mormon scam to funnel money out of the pockets of vulnerable parents with troubled teens. Please people, don't buy it for one second! Use your Brain, intuition and hello! -COMMON SENSE!!!!! These people have been running this scheme for years and obviously know how to manipulate well. Whatever you do DO NOT send your child here! There is always another way. Sunset Bay Academy will leave permanent scars on your Childs heart. Even if only one prospective parent reads this and takes my advise I will be so grateful

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 07:32:58 PM »
I don't know who they think they are fooling, that's got Casa by the Sea written all over it.

I love how they try to say they only have 3 levels but there are clearly 6 levels (ie 1, 1.2, 2, 2.2 etc) Just like Casa

and the uniforms are exactly the same

as well the same method of self study schooling (which simply is not adequate to replace a normal high school education)

and the apparent lack of hygiene reeks of Casa's oppressive rules.

Unless you were there it would be difficult to see these signs as red flags... and see through the obvious lies... like the bedroom/ private bathroom they showed would probably only be available for 1% of the student population (probably over 18 level 6's) and that awesome looking pool is probably a cat 5 to even look at.

The meal looked edible enough, but they only showed one meal... and they aren't exactly going to advertise their fear factor dishes on an advertisement video.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Police investigation at Sunset Bay Academy
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »
The news is in Spanish language but the police is involved and properly not finished yet because it is Mexico and things downthere are slow.

Quote from: Rosarito Informa
Menor agredida en centro acusa al personal

De acuerdo a la declaración, la adolescente también indicó que fue testigo de otros abusos cometidos en contra de otras internas del centro

Rosarito Informa.-La menor de 17 años de edad que supuestamente fue agredida en un centro disciplinario ubicado en Playas de Rosarito, declaró que su agresor es parte del personal del lugar.

El domingo pasado, la dirección de la Policía Municipal de dicho municipio recibió el reporte por parte del padre de la menor, quien dijo que su hija fue abusada y agredida sexualmente dentro del centro Sunset Bay Academy.

El subprocurador de Justicia en Playas de Rosarito, Adolfo Santiago Azcárraga, informó que en su declaración la menor acusó a uno de los hombres que trabaja en la academia de haberla agredido.

“El delito es abuso sexual, no confundamos; hay abuso sexual y violación. El abuso sexual son tocamientos, actos eróticos sin necesidad de llegar a copular, que es lo que está denunciando la persona. Ella menciona a un nombre del personal de la clínica”, apuntó.

A su vez, Santiago Azcárraga explicó que de acuerdo a la declaración, la adolescente también indicó que fue testigo de otros abusos cometidos en contra de otras internas del centro.

Sin embargo, el subprocurador explicó que no se obtuvieron los elementos para confirmar dicha información, pero seguirán investigando sobre las acusaciones en contra de la institución.

El centro, que a decir del coordinador de Centros de Rehabilitación de la Secretaría de Salud, Edgard Cosgalla, funciona como una academia para trabajar con jóvenes que tienen problemas de disciplina y que en su mayoría son de nacionalidad estadounidense.

“Principalmente sus actividades de tratamiento son no de adicciones sino de tratamientos de conducta. Es como una escuela, una escuela que continúan sus estudios fuera de su país pero enfocados en algunos problemitas de conducta que tienen los menores”, dijo.

El centro continúa operaciones mientras es investigado. Aunque se buscó obtener respuesta por parte de los encargados del lugar, el personal no emitió ningún tipo de información.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 01:21:42 AM »
There is a comment on a student testimony here

It states:

Quote from: Beatendown
Hi thanks for sharing your testimony, that bullshit fraud dumbass evil school needs to be exposed, the daughter Christina Guillermo is a fucking hideous idiot who is profiting off her gay dads scams. I was a student there too, maybe we knew each other. I was punished for no reason, lied to, my parents had their money stolen, they had my parents send my medication months supplies but I never got them but the weird fucking lazy eye doctor habib Kuri pulled me into his office, lied to me saying my parents lied and never sent my meds, I could see my prescription with my name and pulls under his desk, and said they never got my meds. 3 years after I got out, one of the upper level girls who is still close with the rotten cow staff told me the staff had been taking my medication recreationally for themselves and selling them. I still have a lot of ptsd and anger and just like you, my mom won't admit what a waste of my college fund that was and won't admit how wrong it was.

I hate my life and I hate that there are idiots who ate up the bullshit and lie for that horrible fraud school. I'm really just angry so I went online because no one cares but me since it's what I went through, and finding your words helped me a bit. Thanks for sharing your story, don't ever let anyone tell you to be silent. That dumbshit doctor even threatened me before I was picked up to make sure I wouldn't say anything about the truth and at that point they had so much abuse to me I was scared for a while after that and tried to forget, but years later and it all still comes back and I fucking hate them and I hope they burn to the fucking ground. Stay strong and thanks for speaking up.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 04:37:41 AM »
At Sunset Bay Academy they have their issues:

From this link:

Quote from: (In Spanish)
Menor agredida en centro acusa al personal

De acuerdo a la declaración, la adolescente también indicó que fue testigo de otros abusos cometidos en contra de otras internas del centro

Rosarito Informa.-La menor de 17 años de edad que supuestamente fue agredida en un centro disciplinario ubicado en Playas de Rosarito, declaró que su agresor es parte del personal del lugar.

El domingo pasado, la dirección de la Policía Municipal de dicho municipio recibió el reporte por parte del padre de la menor, quien dijo que su hija fue abusada y agredida sexualmente dentro del centro Sunset Bay Academy.

El subprocurador de Justicia en Playas de Rosarito, Adolfo Santiago Azcárraga, informó que en su declaración la menor acusó a uno de los hombres que trabaja en la academia de haberla agredido.

“El delito es abuso sexual, no confundamos; hay abuso sexual y violación. El abuso sexual son tocamientos, actos eróticos sin necesidad de llegar a copular, que es lo que está denunciando la persona. Ella menciona a un nombre del personal de la clínica”, apuntó.

A su vez, Santiago Azcárraga explicó que de acuerdo a la declaración, la adolescente también indicó que fue testigo de otros abusos cometidos en contra de otras internas del centro.

Sin embargo, el subprocurador explicó que no se obtuvieron los elementos para confirmar dicha información, pero seguirán investigando sobre las acusaciones en contra de la institución.

El centro, que a decir del coordinador de Centros de Rehabilitación de la Secretaría de Salud, Edgard Cosgalla, funciona como una academia para trabajar con jóvenes que tienen problemas de disciplina y que en su mayoría son de nacionalidad estadounidense.

“Principalmente sus actividades de tratamiento son no de adicciones sino de tratamientos de conducta. Es como una escuela, una escuela que continúan sus estudios fuera de su país pero enfocados en algunos problemitas de conducta que tienen los menores”, dijo.

El centro continúa operaciones mientras es investigado. Aunque se buscó obtener respuesta por parte de los encargados del lugar, el personal no emitió ningún tipo de información.