Author Topic: JRC Propoganda - Interesting Read  (Read 783 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
JRC Propoganda - Interesting Read
« on: March 21, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »
So I'm not usually in the practice of sharing program propaganda, but JRC put together this report showing how they're the poor recipients of kids who couldn't cut it in "positive" only programs.  It's stunning in it's technicality, and frankly it's outing of programs that essentially referred kids to JRC in the first place.  

I gotta give Matthew Israel some credit, at least he's man enough to admit he practices torture.  He would do Cheney proud.

http://www.judgerc.org/posonlyprograms.pdf

In all seriousness, as bad as JRC is for committing the crime, these programs that are listed in the report are just as bad for working with youth and allowing them to be shuffled into a deeper circle of hell, and should be held accountable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: JRC Propoganda - Interesting Read
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:54:24 PM »
one of those kids had apparently been institutionalized when they were 5? 5? what is the justification for institutionalizing a 5 year old? Can someone tell me?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 11:59:23 PM »
Sometimes I think that Matthew Israel's primary reason d'etre in life is to prove that everyone else is wrong and that he alone is right. He has fantastic stamina, and stomach, for skewering anyone and everyone who he sees as a potential opponent, even institutions that had the misfortune to misguidedly refer some patients to him. Talk about biting the hand that feeds ya... Jeez.

Knowing of Matthew Israel's incredible verbosity and obsession with repetition (we are, after all, dealing with a behaviorist here), I was fully expecting this document to be well above 100 pages. In fact, it only clocked in at a mere 94. And herein is how he wins most of his arguments: who the hell can actually plod through all this sanctimonious material in one sitting?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 12:03:26 PM »
"M.D. enrolled in JRC in December, 2004. During his
first day at JRC he went into a coma and was diagnosed with Neuroleptic
Malignant Syndrome as a result of being on so many psychotropic medications.
M.D. spent 8 days in a coma and according to his parents, almost died."

The coma on his FIRST DAY was because of being on psychotropic medications.

Yeah. Right.

Anyone care to take bets as to what ACTUALLY happened? I'm thinking that it was, actually, indirectly because of the medications- and JRC totally failed to consider withdrawal effects and took him off them cold-turkey. OOPS! NICE JOB ASSHATS!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 12:17:57 PM »
These kids' problems aren't cured. Their malformed brains aren't healed. Look at the graph on page 68 (PDF page 66). Remember, they're using a logarithmic scale! Even being shocked repeatedly- and God only knows what their skin looks like now under the torture device- the daily incidents barely even slow down. There's several particularly telling ones where the graph goes down- and then finds a new "happy medium" with plenty of incidents per month. Being shocked every single time.

THIS is treatment?

It's better just to give the kids the mercy of a bullet to the head!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »
Also, I have a very strong suspicion that everything the kid does that JRC doesn't like is considered an "incident". Swear once, it counts. The tortured kids stop doing it- when they consciously can. So basically they've destroyed all the behaviors that the kid can consciously control, and haven't done shit to the ones he can't.

So in other words, now they get torture AND self-injury. Wee! A two-fer!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 12:47:31 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
"M.D. enrolled in JRC in December, 2004. During his
first day at JRC he went into a coma and was diagnosed with Neuroleptic
Malignant Syndrome as a result of being on so many psychotropic medications.
M.D. spent 8 days in a coma and according to his parents, almost died."

The coma on his FIRST DAY was because of being on psychotropic medications.

Yeah. Right.

Anyone care to take bets as to what ACTUALLY happened? I'm thinking that it was, actually, indirectly because of the medications- and JRC totally failed to consider withdrawal effects and took him off them cold-turkey. OOPS! NICE JOB ASSHATS!

Funny. I thought the exact same thing when I read that last night. Some of these programs that are anti-meds go about enforcing their philosophies in a really medically unwise fashion. There was a poster in the Hyde forum that I came across recently, whose lithium was simply "forgotten" both times she was shipped off to Outpost ("they work you just as hard but feed you more than S.U.W.S."). Mind you, this was a girl who was diagnosed as bipolar and who had attempted suicide before program.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 12:58:15 PM »
Also, I have a very strong suspicion that everything the kid does that JRC doesn't like is considered an "incident". Swear once, it counts. The tortured kids stop doing it- when they consciously can. So basically they've destroyed all the behaviors that the kid can consciously control, and haven't done shit to the ones he can't.

So in other words, now they get torture AND self-injury. Wee! A two-fer!

Aye, but the key difference is that now at least some of the abuse is controlled by "adults." I suppose that makes it less frightening for all concerned...except for the kid being thus treated, and for whose benefit the controlled abuse is allegedly committed!

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 02:39:02 AM »
JRC outlining it’s case for unconscionably cruel Aversive Therapy
Damn Blombrowski, this ^ has outraged me beyond expression.
I’m stunned and saddened.
It’s a 94 pages of advocating heinous cruelty, reminiscent of some the worst of institutional abuses that could almost make light reading of Jerome Beker by comparison…
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
JRC Propoganda - Interesting Read
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 03:01:33 AM »
one of those kids had apparently been institutionalized when they were 5? 5? what is the justification for institutionalizing a 5 year old? Can someone tell me?

He said "Taliban" over the telephone.