Author Topic: Is my foster mother lying to me?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Is my foster mother lying to me?
« on: December 28, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »
My foster mother told me she only gets $25 a month for each of her foster children,is this true?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline blombrowski

• View Profile
Re: Is my foster mother lying to me?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »
It depends where you live and what you've been classified as.  Some jurisdictions such as New York City pay pretty well for therapeutic foster care, close to $1,000 a month per child.  But in other places, maybe not.  $25 however, sounds really low to me.  If she means to say that she only gets $25 per child after all expenses have been considered (clothing, food, books, opportunity cost of not renting out the room - meaning she spends like $600/month on you and only nets $25) I can believe that.  If she says she's only given $25 to spend on things like food and clothing then she'll probably full of it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 05:21:44 PM »
Quote from: "Eddie"
My foster mother told me she only gets $25 a month for each of her foster children,is this true?

Do you work for CEDU?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 06:30:55 PM »
Quote from: "blombrowski"
It depends where you live and what you've been classified as.  Some jurisdictions such as New York City pay pretty well for therapeutic foster care, close to $1,000 a month per child.  But in other places, maybe not.  $25 however, sounds really low to me.  If she means to say that she only gets $25 per child after all expenses have been considered (clothing, food, books, opportunity cost of not renting out the room - meaning she spends like $600/month on you and only nets $25) I can believe that.  If she says she's only given $25 to spend on things like food and clothing then she'll probably full of it.

i live in New York City and my foster mother said she gets only $25 towards each of the children's needs and wants.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 06:32:49 PM »
Quote from: "Ron Tension"

Do you work for CEDU?

No.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 08:43:31 PM »
Quote from: "blombrowski"

i live in New York City and my foster mother said she gets only $25 towards each of the children's needs and wants.
Sounds like an excuse for not spending any money on you.  You could probably report her, but you'd run the risk of ending up someplace worse.  If you aren't being overtly abused, the devil you know is probably the better choice.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline blombrowski

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 09:05:47 PM »
   blombrowski wrote:It depends where you live and what you've been classified as. Some jurisdictions such as New York City pay pretty well for therapeutic foster care, close to $1,000 a month per child. But in other places, maybe not. $25 however, sounds really low to me. If she means to say that she only gets $25 per child after all expenses have been considered (clothing, food, books, opportunity cost of not renting out the room - meaning she spends like $600/month on you and only nets $25) I can believe that. If she says she's only given $25 to spend on things like food and clothing then she'll probably full of it.

That is a flat out lie.  If you're interested and you want to PM me I can try to connect you a number of advocates in the city who can fight for your rights and at least try to ensure that you don't get eaten up by the system.  You have the right to feel safe and to be taken care of.  If she's only spending $25 a month on you, I would be concerned about whether or not she's giving you enough food, among a number of other issues.

Offline Father Muldoon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 10:52:51 PM »
The foster mother I had back in 1992-1994 told me a similar story,forget the exact amount she said.Your foster mother like mine was BULLSHITTING YOU!

I remember the rice and beans multiple times a week,her biological kids would get McDonald's,etc. many times while I got rice and beans,some nasty ass stew,etc.

I also remember her kids getting Jordan's,etc. and me getting payless for example.

I wished I would have gotten a rich person but not for the reasons many would think,it was because I feel there is a more strong possibility that they were in it to make a positive difference and not in to make easy money.

Sadly,in most instances,foster care is a business and is treated as such.

Good luck to you Eddie,hope you are able to find a positive resolution.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Is my foster mother lying to me?
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 01:28:43 AM »

The KGB paid me $25 for classified United States military information.