Author Topic: Started Over Again at age 44  (Read 8736 times)

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
Re: Started Over Again at age 44
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »
I hate cliches but sometimes they have merit.The adage goes "What doesn't kill you will only strengthen you"has lots of truth behind it.This episode,like Str8,were two kicks in the privates.Whatever happens,you remind yourself that this won't be the end.I have a friend down here whose wife left him with their young daughter to Mainland China,leaving pending a loan for $250000 by her father on the Mainland as well.This was pretty much all the money he had.He was the one who told me that when I was trying to console him.You saw Straight through,you will this as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
yeah,shits pretty much sucky in seamusville. but im gonna go camp in the snow tonight........and everybody can get bent, too much fuckin drama in my world,igotta take a step back.......... :nods:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 02:39:47 AM »
Love, and let love.

It'll work itself out, or you will know early enough on that it's not going to happen.  How?  If it makes you happy, you will find a way, between the tow of you to make it work.  If it doesn't, there will be that niggling doubt in your mind...it will turn the smallest thing into an obstacle and eventually, you will move on.  

You will have to decide, on your own, if the benefits of the relationship outweigh the negatives, once that is done, it's a downhill ride.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 07:31:15 PM »
Well hell it did not work out the way I had planned... I am now back in NC with my tail tucked between my legs.... :suicide:  :suicide:

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2011, 08:24:12 PM »
Sorry Botched =(

Have you considered taking just 1 class at the community college? I know that might sound dumb... since we are all so old now.. But I swear it has really changed my life. I feel so confident now and my life has really turned around. I was in the same place you are just over 2 years ago. I was sick, in bed, felt like crap about my life.. no job, no self esteem.. etc. I get it, I have been there most of my life.

There are tons of ways to get in school with grants and scholarships. Heck, just going to the local college and filling out the FASA forum will likely yield some (most likely total) assistance with tuition. It was really hard to get myself motivated, but as soon as I did it.. things just fell into place. Even if you aren't going for a degree, just taking a class would get you out there meeting people and building confidence.

Sorry if it sounds weird, but it has changed my life dramatically.

I hope things improve for you =)

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 09:58:59 PM »
Welcome back Botched. At least you got out of Fl.
?©?€~¥@

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2011, 09:14:48 AM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Well hell it did not work out the way I had planned...

I am so sorry to hear that Botched.  I've been through a lot this summer and I am out of encouraging statements, however, if you can hold onto hope, it's the only thing others can never take from you.  As long as you have a shred of hope for the future, and the inner strength and determination not to let the program or the programmers suck you down, you can get through this and on to something better.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca