Author Topic: Started Over Again at age 44  (Read 8735 times)

Offline heretik

• View Profile
Re: Started Over Again at age 44
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »
What a story Botch. I do not know you but I surely admire you. One year later and life has come full circle. You can't make this shit up.
Keep your dreams high and real.

Merry Christmas
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 05:02:36 PM »
Merry Christmas Heretik !!!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 05:05:46 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Gotta bump this post back to the top, When I originally wrote the post last year my ex-fiance and myself were splitting up...
How Ironic is is that almost a year later we start talking again and she wants me to come back home, I am sort of hesitant at this point, but it is really where I want to be. She is wanting me to come back at the first of the year as it is too late now for me to come home for Christmas. She claims that she did not realize what she had till it was gone. I am already submitting resumes and half way made my decision to go...

Out of curiosity do you guys think I am crazy ?? ??

Things are looking up,  follow your heart.  Moving always forces one to clean out their cobwebs and you also get the unique chance to take what you like with you and leave the rest behind.

Good luck with whatever decision you make, Botched

Merry Christmas Whooter

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 06:30:47 PM »
Merry Christmas Whooter

Merry Christmas Botched!

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 07:02:25 PM »
Botched wrote
"Love the woman with all my heart... can't even fathom being without her"

If she's the one, and feels the same way about you,then she will stick it out with you. If she don't then she's not the one. You said it youself (for better or worse). Don't beat yourself up too bad. Everybody fucks up

MERRY X-MAS!
[/b]
?©?€~¥@

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 07:10:07 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Botched wrote
"Love the woman with all my heart... can't even fathom being without her"

If she's the one, and feels the same way about you,then she will stick it out with you. If she don't then she's not the one. You said it youself (for better or worse). Don't beat yourself up too bad. Everybody fucks up

MERRY X-MAS!
[/b]

None-Ya my bro I think that you only read the beginning part which was posted last year... We are talking about coming back together after a year of seperation... Just a little shocked at this point is the reason I drug up one of my old post...

Merry Christmas,
Botched

dragonfly

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 07:28:39 PM »

dragonfly

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 07:38:48 PM »

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »
Merry Christmas Dragonfly !!!

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2010, 12:39:45 AM »
Gotta bump this post back to the top, When I originally wrote the post last year my ex-fiance and myself were splitting up...
How Ironic is is that almost a year later we start talking again and she wants me to come back home, I am sort of hesitant at this point, but it is really where I want to be. She is wanting me to come back at the first of the year as it is too late now for me to come home for Christmas. She claims that she did not realize what she had till it was gone. I am already submitting resumes and half way made my decision to go...

:bump:

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 01:27:49 AM »

Nah, I don't think so...do you love her still?
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2010, 01:37:33 AM »
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"

Nah, I don't think so...do you love her still?

Of course I do or this would never be an issue for me...Just checking my thinking... Hence I am Botched Programming

Merry Christmas DP

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 04:11:08 AM »
In '93 I was working for a banner towing service that flew over the Gulf Beaches.  I did'nt have a car and got around on a mountain bike.  Early one morning my co-worker and I had just set up the first run of banners for the planes to pick up at Albert Whitted Municipal Airport in Downtown St. Pete Florida.  The airport was right on the edge of Tampa Bay and only about 20 blocks from my apartment easy to get to and I made enough to get by.  Anyway, the emergency sirens started blasting at the Coast Guard base south of us, and we stood there by the seawall and watched a cutter enter the bay and start hauling ass to the south.  About 10 minutes later, the first tendrils of a huge oil slick began floating by.  This was not good.  We crossed the runway and ran to the office.  The damn phone was ringing as we got there.  It was the first of many accounts cancelling their banner orders because tar balls were already showing up on the beaches.  In the weeks that followed, the only customers left was Wagon Wheel Flea Market and a few banners that flew over Tampa.  There was'nt enough work for two men, so I was out of a job.

Luckily, I had lived in the same building a few years, so I started networking and asking friends about available jobs.  I wound up applying to a day care center to drive a van taking kids to and from school and back to the day care for after school care until their parents came and got them.  I had never worked around kids in my life, and had to go back and forth from home mornings and afternoons.  The pay was minimal, but it kept me going.  As part of the job, the boss paid me to attend night school to get the required classroom hours in childcare development, so I could go on as a Caregiver full time in the summer.  It blew a lot of peoples minds that I was working with kids.  The experience gave me enough clout to go to the head of the line once School Bus Driver positions opened up the next fall.  It wound up being the highest paying job I ever had.
So, what I am getting at is for you not to be afraid to take a step down and try something completely different.  It just may be the ticket to a brighter future.

Merry Christmas and good luck!
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »
Merry Christmas Jerk !!!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
I'm sorry you're feeling so low.  Do NOT let the old Straight 'tapes' run through your head.  Shit happens to all of us.  Hang in there and know that we're here for you.  My daughter taught me that there are hills and valleys in life. I didn't understand that after getting out of Straight and it took her as a teen to teach me that.  

All the best!
Anne
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa