Author Topic: Wellspring blames Bankruptcy on Counselor/ Riot  (Read 50526 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Wellspring blames Bankruptcy on Counselor/ Riot
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »
id just thought id say HI........hah yall are all crazy this is joe ray by the way,,,,,,,well i mean i didnt like wellspring but i was never abused. that is some stupid ass lie im sorry but no kid was ever abused if you got restrained it is because you deserved it. and i mean like isaid i didnt like it there but shit it helped me out somewhat im not in trouble no more and i mean shit i hated it when i was theere and im not saying the school was perfect but it wasnt all that bad but now that im out and i am grown i have alot of responseibilitys and bills and shit like that sometimes i wish i could be back there were i had nothing to worry about but marching and school work. if any of you have a problem with what i said you can email me or instant message me [email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »
Joe - doesn't matter which program a kid is in, yours, or others - it's easier to cry abuse than to do the inner work to make a better life for themselves.  Some would rather be in the juvenile system, or be a runaway, or be in control of their parents, than do the hard work.  Hell, these kids abuse themselves, programs don't.  Every once in awhile you might have a staff person that doesn't like their job and could do something, but they are always caught and fired, and this doesn't happen very often.  The school teachers in the school system have said and done worse to kids that don't fit the mold.  That's why a lot of the kids feel like shit anyway.  It's usually not the parents, but the teachers.

Teens are defiant, they are wired that way.  It's when people outside the family tell the parents their kid is "defective" in some way because they don't like their class, or their grades are low.  Some even go to the extreme of telling the parents to put their kid on ADD meds to be compliant.  That's abuse and it happens a thousand times a day to thousands of kids.

Thank goodness there are programs that see these kids as worthwhile and good and help them find that out for themselves.  I know nothing of Wellspring, but it sounds like the same old same old from a program I am familiar with.  

My heartfelt acknowledgment to you for the life you have created for yourself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »
You program shills can fuck off and die.

You're as loony as the Moonies, the lot of you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »
On 2004-01-25 20:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"id just thought id say HI........hah yall are all crazy this is joe ray by the way,,,,,,,well i mean i didnt like wellspring but i was never abused. that is some stupid ass lie im sorry but no kid was ever abused if you got restrained it is because you deserved it. and i mean like isaid i didnt like it there but shit it helped me out somewhat im not in trouble no more and i mean shit i hated it when i was theere and im not saying the school was perfect but it wasnt all that bad but now that im out and i am grown i have alot of responseibilitys and bills and shit like that sometimes i wish i could be back there were i had nothing to worry about but marching and school work. if any of you have a problem with what i said you can email me or instant message me [email protected]"

If your message is an example of the spelling and grammar skills one learns in these "schools," I'll pass.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »
Hi
all you wellspring boys dont you mess all the people and staff at wellspring come on   you know you do. let us hear from you   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »
On 2004-01-25 20:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"id just thought id say HI........hah yall are all crazy this is joe ray by the way,,,,,,,well i mean i didnt like wellspring but i was never abused. that is some stupid ass lie im sorry but no kid was ever abused if you got restrained it is because you deserved it. and i mean like isaid i didnt like it there but shit it helped me out somewhat im not in trouble no more and i mean shit i hated it when i was theere and im not saying the school was perfect but it wasnt all that bad but now that im out and i am grown i have alot of responseibilitys and bills and shit like that sometimes i wish i could be back there were i had nothing to worry about but marching and school work. if any of you have a problem with what i said you can email me or instant message me [email protected]"

Too bad they didnt teach you how to spell in there. Idiot :wave:
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »
Dear folks,

I edited out the last names of these people at the request of someone claiming to be one of them. Antigen would not have done such a thing and we can not be obliged to make similar edits in the future.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flaming.....

On 2004-01-25 11:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Ok, first all the news about Lisa, its all BULLSHIT. Lisa Grant was my counsler, she is the best counsler I've ever had. I had Jessie (who amounted to jack), And Bob, (yes he did have counselies, he was a very bad one at that.

-------------The rest cut to save space-------

Offline jfksdafjkldsa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

[ This Message was edited by: johna10093 on 2004-02-01 14:04 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »
As a matter of fact, Antigen is back for the moment and has restored the post in question to it's original glory.

Sorry, folks, the real world outside of your private prisons doesn't work exactly as you may think. Please read the terms of use (first item in the FAQ list, linked to at the top of the menu to the left) and/or any of a number of precedent setting cases involving unmoderated, open online fora.

If you feel so strongly about anything posted anonymously on the net, then go after the author(s). Mean time, why get all bent out of shape about what some "druggie" anon has posted on a "druggie" website? Who, that you care about, would put any stock whatever in any of it?

Personally, I don't know one way or the other. You're a stranger to me and so are the ppl who's posts you're complaining about. But please don't ever call my phone again and bother my family over the content of these fora. If the site is down or you have some difficulty figuring out how to use it, then call or write us. That's our area of responsibility here. If you just don't like what ppl are saying, then you may argue the point, ignore it or start your own damned website.

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs.  
-- E. Grebenik

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »
:flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »
so who are you i was there in 1999 :???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »
:smile:  :smile:  :smile: I am was from up state new york. I also was the second oldest student. Sorry i dont just throw out my name so i gave some hints. First name starts with "p". Now who are you :???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »
:flame: . He has is own thing doing a take off from wellspring in NC. Was he a liscend in VA :???:  :???:  :???:  :???:  :???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »
What's up, I'm a former "student" of this former "school" and I can confidently say it was the biggest fraud I've ever been a part of.  Of course, loathe to say, I was on the undesirable part of the fraud.  I find it downright disturbing to hear about Bob's 2.5 million dollar annual revenue.  The kids lived in 3 small trailers, and 1 somewhat nicer lodge.  I was only there for 11 months, and as more kids came (thus more money) I saw nothing but degradation in our quality of life (food, housing, discipline), BUT I saw 4 or 5 staff members BUY NEW SUVS.  Calling this place an institution of learning (Academy?) is a flat out lie.  I all but dropped out of highschool half way through my junior year, and I knew far more about the topics these "Teachers" were "teaching".  I was less prepared for college after being at Wellspring than I was before.  At least my teachers gave me C's for not doing a damn thing in public school, not A+'s.
Can we talk about our "College counselor" for a minute?  Sure, let's do that.  There were a select few of us who wanted to go to college after this place, and even fewer of us who had the brainpower to actually do it.  However, I for one didn't know anything about picking the right college.  I'd never thought about it, I didn't know where to start.  Valorie Cook, the ever vigilant financier cum career counselor, extended herself so far as to hand out college brochures from her bookshelf.  That's it.  The criteria for what brochures to hand out? "what state do you want to be in?"  And what about scholarship?  I was a National Merit Scholarship finalist, I had a 1330 SAT score, she didn't even mention scholarships to me.  I could have gotten a free ride through college.
After shoveling out 50 grand for this school, my parents were in no mood to pay for my college experience.  I lost 10,000 dollars going to
college.  My money.  Valorie (or was it my parents?) convinced me to enroll in an advanced Calculus class my first semester, seeing as how I did so well in the "precalculus" class I took at wellspring.  I've taken a class like that before.  I was in seventh grade, it was called algebra.  Needless to say, the calculus did not go so well.  Now, I can't blame my failure at college entirely on Wellspring, that would be juvenile.  But it's perfectly reasonable that a 50,000 dollar, one year education should be at least equal to a free one?  Am I right?  No?  Ok, maybe that's that "New World" thinking that Bob was talking about: Advertise, promise, charge.  Notice it doesn't include deliver.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »
Valorie, by the way, was one Bob's overpaid nimrods who had enough money to buy a fully loaded brand new Chevy Tahoe.  MSRP?  Oh, it starts at only $39,000. Pfft.