Author Topic: anyone know what happened to cliff?  (Read 2681 times)

Offline marshall

• View Profile
anyone know what happened to cliff?
« on: September 09, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »
I was at the seed on 84 in 76 -77. A staff member named cliff n. seemed to have been started over just before I graduated. I had looked up to him and seeing him near the front row and having to be walked to the bathroom by oldtimers really freaked me out at the time. Every time I asked anyone about what happened I was given the canned reply 'That's not important.' This phrase was only used when anyone brought up a subject that reflected badly upon the seed, art or staff, etc. Anyone know what terrible 'crime' cliff committed?

Also, I recall that while I was on the program, john u. and a staffer named pam were married.

I had been at the seed for 2 or 3 days and we were outside doing exercises when I held up my hand and indicated in the prescribed fashion that I had to go to the bathroom. Problem was, John U. was the only one near enough to see me. He let me go, but as soon as I returned Ginger lit into me bigtime for daring to ask senior staff for bathroom permission. I still do not recall being told before then that this was against the rules.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 09:18:00 PM »
Hello and welcome. Being in in 73 makes it almost impossible to answer your questions as senior-junior staff were cirulated constantly except for the inner core.

Anyone else...

Please post a story from your experience there, and welcome once again.

To go to Journal of Applied Polymer Science go to http://www3.interscience.wiley.com and then journal search and put the journal number and year
-- Journal of Applied Polymer Science  Vol. 47, 1984

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »
I came in in 82. CLiff starting over was goofy,, but anyway. He is doing great. He is married to a nice girl and not living in Florida. I don't want to give any more detail, it is not my place. But he was a good guy and doing well.

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
Please call him and tell him about our forum and ask him to post here.

I haven't spoke to him since I was fifteen. Also, do you know where John Underwood is?

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »
Well, I started in St Pete in '73 and John U was on staff.  I, probably like many women (girls), had a "crush"  on him but couldn't imagine someone SO WISE as John would EVER have anything to do w/ a 'lowly' newcomer like me - read never had a chance -  :lol: After I graduated, my closest friends were "rebel" ex-staff who had different ideas than those being taught at the time.  I kept learning from them, life, growing up and being on my own.  It's good to hear most of us have moved on and got a life!
bid you peace!