Author Topic: The mission was a failure.............  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Dr. Frank'nFurter

• View Profile
The mission was a failure.............
« on: September 06, 2003, 04:18:00 PM »
I saw Tom McGowan on Tuesday Sept. 2 and he urged me to obtain my Juvenile Records from the Court Records Annex in mid Pinellas County.  I visited the facility on Thursday and guess what?  They have absolutely no record of my being arrested for breaking into a chemical storage yard and stealing toluol, having it in my possession, or inhaling it, all which I went to court over.  There is no record of my being placed on a years probation, or the subsequent Court Order placing me in the program for violating my probation.  As far as I can tell, it was all an elaborate hoax.

But be just and fear not, for there is still the ancient and decrepit County Archives Building in downtown Clearwater, but it may prove to be an excersize in futility as well.

For all our inebriated guests who need things to be spelled out for them, what this means is........NO FANCY PAPER FOR THE GOOD LAWYER-MAN to wave at THE BAD LAWYER-MAN, but it's not all bad now is it?  On the up-side, my mother has agreed to making a statement and having it NOTARIZED giving sworn testimony on how the Straight Officials fooled her into a court ordered program, which would cost her 3 times the standard fee, what with me being such a "hard case" and all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 12:03:00 AM »
Holy sheep shit, Frankenfurter man! I know of at least one other soul who found out years later that they'd never been court ordered either.

Or is it just that the paperwork got 'lost' like all of our program notes and records?

How deep does dis rabbit hole goes, ah wunduz...

When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.
--
Anonymous . . . for obvious reasons

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 03:20:00 AM »
:skull: . Once he's out and the water soaks into the soil, it will be much easier to measure the deepness of the hole. At least then you won't have to worry about being bitten by those big front teeth.  

:rofl:

:idea:#2 (for the animal lovers out here)

Install a cage to trap the rabbit. Once he is trapped, reach in for a measurement. WARNING: The last thing you want to do is to let him go after the measurement. He will live just fine in that cage with minimal food and water.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 08:51:00 AM »
If you were a juvenille, court records are expunged upon reaching 18. If your were over 18 and made it into pre-trail deversion, the same thing occurs and the records are destroyed upon completion of the probation period. It is my guess that something like this happened and there is nothing sinister going on. This also means that you were indeed never court ordered into straight. They would have tried to report you as violating your probation if you had left, but the level of proof demanded by the court is somewhat more stringent than what straight generally required.

CL

[ This Message was edited by: ClayL on 2003-09-08 05:52 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »
Oh yeah? Then why is the D.W.I. I got at seventeen still on my driving record at 36?

The words "D.W.I." will always be there until the day I die.

Not to mention the fact that when a criminal does something that is newsworthy and they are a repeat-offender, they always cite what they did as a juvenile that led them to their adult criminal career!

Nothing is expunged. That is a crock of poop.

Everything is held against you for forever and ever just in case you do something else wrong so they can hold it against you.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »
You're right. As a matter of fact, I remember a case where a NYPD officer shot and killed a guy for no real good reason (the officer thought the guy was a threat, but there was no good reason for him to think so) Almost before the body was cold, they'd discovered that the guy had no prior record as an adult, so Giuliani was up there before the cameras and mics divulging the guy's juvenile record. I think it was a posession charge, but I'd have to look it up.

Point is, this is the kind of influence Program people have had on public policy and perception. You don't even have to do anything wrong to get the smear treatment from these folks. It's just like your intake. Anything at all can and will be used against you. It doesn't even matter any more whether you actively oppose them or cause them problems or if you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The "collateral damage" is piling up and it's getting to the point where they've thrown their weight around so much that there's little incentive for any of us to NOT speak up about it anymore.

When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans ...... And so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it. That's what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects, about how we're going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that to try to make people safer in their communities.
-- Bill Clinton, 3-22-94

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 03:45:00 PM »
Hey dumb ass! You were most likely charged as an adult and then your record gets carried forward. There could be other reasons also. IF you keep your nose clean then your records get expunged. The DWI thing is most likely a highway dept regulation and has nothing to do with criminal records.

CL

Offline Dr. Frank'nFurter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 04:02:00 PM »
I checked with my 'contact' lady at the law library, and they did indeed have a policy in the seventies and early eighties whereby if a juvenile keep a clean record to the age of 18, his records were taken out of general circulation.

There may still be a record SOMEWHERE, but it would be filed away deep in the archives building, sorta like how they did with the Ark at the end of the first Indiana Jones movie.

The computer system that the records are kept on is so old, it is'nt even Windows 95.  I think it is MS DOS 2.5 or something. I'll just have to keep coming up with new angles.

Lastly, my trusty Time Warpers, I would much rather come to the forum and see someone else who may have obtained their own records, parents tax records, or anything viable instead of traipsing off onto some useless debate.  This is all very simple really, like those strapping young men who dive off the cliffs in Alcapulco Mexico.  You are either, "Wow that was pretty good!" or you are "EEeewwww look at that stuff on those rocks!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 02:38:00 AM »
I don't really know a damn thing, but a friend who has worked on court cases told me that juvenile records are "sealed." Which could mean that a judge needs to "unseal." them.

Sort of what happens when someone is adopted and they issue a new certificate to the adoptive parents.  The old one is not destroyed it's sealed and locked away. Only a court can determine whether it can be released.

Just putting that out there. I'll see if I can find anything more out from a lawyer I know.