Author Topic: Concerning FueLaw  (Read 2074 times)

Offline glider

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« on: September 08, 2003, 04:45:00 AM »
I just wanted to say that I both agree with Fuelaw and I also agree with the people disagreeing if that makes any sense.
Fuelaw's legal advice is sound, we are facing an uphill battle, the statue of limitations, and strictly legal speaking, we have very little hope. I'm a proud card carrying member of the ACLU and have contacted them concerning several issues. The ACLU is very pragmatic, they are interested in supporting cases that have a potential of being landmark cases and have a potential to win which means they turn down tons of cases that perfectly match their ideology but don't match the criteria that I just mentioned.
Nevertheless, I disagree with Fuelaw in that no matter how hopeless it may seem to fight these people, we must do it. People have been successful. Any law suit, even if it loses has the benefit of bringing to light what these people have done. Richard's case is a prime example, in a sense, we've already won if we bring shame to the name of Mel Sembler which is happening as I write, regardless of whether the actual suit wins or loses. That's how we define winning isn't it? I think we need to explore every legal possibility before us no matter how remote. We must be creative as Richard has been. It's an inspiration. Maybe we can nail some of the medical directors, I don't know but these things should and must be explored.  Just my 2 cents.
~John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 09:22:00 AM »
In medicare fraud cases, wich are investigated by the FBI, there is also a 10% finders fee for the whistle blower. The problem is that so much time has passed and so much of the paper trail is missing.

On another point, I believe the way to pursue this is to use straight as ancedotal evidence of this treatment modality and use the survivors as statistical evidence this modality signifigantly increases the risk of suicide and psychological disorders later in life that have a siginificant economic impact in society. I'm actually betting that one could get grant money from the federal government to study this. Money to run a national add campaign to help find straight survivors. Money to pay straight survivors for their information and experience. Money to  have professional number crunchers go over the data. Once the study is complete, then one could present this information to all interested parties for action.

This will take research. How much does it cost to run a national add campaign for one month? We need an add firm to design the add to make people who just want to forget contact the researchers. What's the best media to use? Radio, Newspapers, Print? How will the survey be conducted? What questions to ask? Finding people that have died? Building lists of former clients?

The former straight cients are perfect for this. IT was the largest boot camp, "tough love," "kids helping kids," Synanon facility of its kind. People make all kinds of claims based on its succes/failure.

IF somebody got $18 Million to study cow farts, how much should we ask for? $20-$30 Million? So do we have any persons out there who have written grants before?

CL

PS It is my idea so I must be paid for thinking of it. My Services can be had for $559,994.98. I'd hate to have to sue y'all!

[ This Message was edited by: ClayL on 2003-09-08 06:28 ]

Offline Lazarus

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 01:49:00 AM »
Hi Folks, My name is Lazarus and I have never posted on your board before. Like FueLaw, I was never subjected to Straight, but I am a former Seedling and qualified to speak from experience. What we all endured as children and young adults in these centers was at best despicable and probably criminal, but I think FueLaw was right telling you not to expect much in the way of recompense. Those of us who are recovering addicts know that disappointment is at least doubly proportional to our expectations. I am not suggesting that these people shouldn't be held accountable for their acts, but they are the very people who make the laws we are required to follow in order to prosecute them. As I recently posted on the Seed board, The Seed, Straight, Art Barker, Mel Sembler, et al. were quite simply using us as a means to an end. Our misery and pain simply collateral damage or acceptable loss. There is none so powerful, as he who has the control of youth. (and that is true both literally  and figuratively) These men gained enormous power and influence, not to mention a fair amount of wealth and fame at the expense of a generation. Do you think it was a mere coincidence that so many of us we were the sons and daughters of Judges, Lawyers, Mayors, Police Chiefs, Senators and what have you? How do you think Mel went from being a nothing, nobody to being a US Ambassador? Probably a couple of ways, but so I won?t make charges I can?t prove, I?ll put it this way. He did it either by exerting pressure on or gaining the confidence of our parents, and parlaying that into influence and that influence into prestige and power.  FueLaw was not trying to rain on anyone?s parade as has been suggested, or worse, he is realistically pointing out that any attack you bring will be ten times as vigorously defended.  How long do you think it will be, before he reminds any potential jurors that those who would persecute him are all accused druggies who lack any credibility.

In closing let me just say this. While our experience was painful and humiliating, it is only through experience that we become the adults we are today. As far as our youth is concerned, we can be one of three things. A victim, a survivor or a student. Those still allowing or requiring this experience (read Sembler, Barker et al.) to motivate them to move on, are only allowing themselves to remain victims. It has been a long time since I've even thought of Art Barker or any of his cronies, that  I would choose to let him have so much imaginary power over me today is ludicrous.
Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them.                                                               - Epictetus

Are you a Victim, a Survivor or a Student?

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 03:56:00 AM »
I met a Sembler supporter today at a sports bar.  He reminded me of the guy who played King Tut in the old Batman tv series from the '60s.  He was seated next to an off duty cop.  I had asked the cop if Pinellas County erases juvenile records.  He assured me that they do not, and that if I were to apply for a position as a police officer, that the records would be brought up and might hinder my being hired.  I suggested that I apply for a position as a way of obtaining my records and court order to Straight and to submit it as evidence for a class action lawsuit against the DFAF and that is when these fuckin guys came unglued!!  The cop actually got up and left his table and the fat guy started spouting off how Mel Sembler is a great man.  I countered with how I thought Ronald Reagan was a great man, and how he invented homeless people and turned ketchup into a vegetable for poor school children.  Even thought I kept my voice low and everything and did'nt lose my cool, I was floored when I turned back to the outdoor bar for another round and saw that about 12 or 13 people had been listening to our conversation the whole damn time, thanks to the cop.

It made me realize that in a mob rules society, most people are gonna back the guy with the most money or clout.  That guy happens to be Mel Sembler, and like it or not, the sumbitch does grease alot of wheels.  I had made some off color remarks about the failure of the D.A.R.E. program and this pissed the off duty cop to no end.  I did not realize that it was his gravy ticket and that he had kissed alot of ass to be a part of the unit that drives the candy-ass vehicles to schools, malls and parades and makes a shitload of overtime doing it.  Without Sembler pumping money into the DARE fund, this cop might actually have to take his pussy ass out on the street and actually work for a living.

I finally backed off the subject and me and King Tut (who was probably a lawyer) simply agreed to disagree.  Ginger would have been so proud!!  But I was pretty damn uncomfortable when I left.  Oh well, I look at it as a kicker for the Fundraiser in Orlando.  At least now I know I can handle adversity without losing my cool, but it was real, real, tempting to fill the hollow feeling I was left with with lots of alcohol.  Fortunately, I had eaten an order of chicken wings and was too full to pound any suds.  I am going to find out who this Sembler Sympathiser is though, it may prove to be beneficial to us all in the long run.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »
I hung around Sarasota for maybe 2 or 3 months after my mom kicked me out of the house.

First, a Straight family came to Lums for dinner and to fuck with me. It was OK because the manager knew about them and didn't fall for it. Plus, I learned a neat waitress trick. When the customers are acting like unreasonable jerks, grin and bear it and all the eye witnesses double your tips.

Then I found myself uninvited to crash at my friendly neighborhood keg party spot, even though I was paying my share of rent, cleaning and cooking and such. Why? Because word got around that Straightlings had a tendency to go back and turn snitch.

I don't know how you folks who've stayed in the area have done it. Broward is pretty bad these days, but it was fairly normal in `83.

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs.  
-- E. Grebenik

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 03:38:00 PM »
Christ! That sounds like something right outta the movies! Ever seen "Race With THe Devil"? It came on TV back in the 70's, I saw it when I was 9 or 10 years old. Scared me at the time. The whole town turned out to be an evil cult!

http://www.terrortrap.com/race.htm

Keep up the good work, Bob. Good to hear that someone is pissing off the RIGHT people down there instead of *trying* to piss off GOOD people on HERE.  :eek:

Say hey to MG8 for me, lol.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2003, 03:47:00 PM »
Always makes me think of Edge of Night.

In order to live free and happily you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice.
-- Richard Bach

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2003, 03:55:00 PM »
Good for you, Bob! Kick butt and take names! Glad to hear you pissing off the "man."

And Alex! You are the only human I've ever encountered that has seen "Race with the Devil!" I talk about it all the time and have been trying to find a copy but no one else - until you - has ever said they saw it! The town was actually Satanists. I think I was younger than you, maybe 7 or 8 and it definitely left an impression on me! Remember the part where the Satanists had a school bus tipped over because they were trying to stop the good guys from getting out of town? And the guy says, "There's no school on Sunday!" And they took off. Excellent movie. So freaking scary - at least for the 70s. Is that what the link is for? I'm going to have to check it out.

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »
Oh my God! So freaking cool! You just made my day! I cannot believe it! I wish I had the money to buy it, but now that I have the link -  :lol:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2003, 04:10:00 PM »
I'm sure someone has a copy of it up on E-bay.  Hell they have Pumps! (((LOL)))

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2003, 04:26:00 PM »
Yeah, nobody that I ever asked had seen it either.
That line "There's something funny about a school
bus on Sunday!" always stuck with me, too, for some reason. I remember that they were Satanists. It was a pretty creepy movie to see at that age. (both of ours)  :smokin:

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2003, 04:34:00 PM »
And it had two scary Christian movies that I saw in the eighties! "A Distant Thunder" and "Image of the Beast" - which, as one of the reviewers said, "Scared the bejeezus out of me" because it was about the Rapture and the end of the world and all that stuff that you guys don't want to hear - but truly, is freaking scary in that they were snatching up Christians and chopping their heads off!

Okay, I'll stop getting excited about movies from my childhood.

Thanks again for the link!

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Concerning FueLaw
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »
Yeah it was creepy. What the heck was wrong with our parents letting us see that? Of course my parents took us on Friday night to see Jaws and then on the following Saturday they took us to the beach!  :lol: I saw it overseas and I thought maybe it didn't show in this country since no one ever remembered it. I forgot about a lot of stuff until I read the review.

Very funny Don! And true! If you can buy a used penis pump, you can find anything. :lol: