Author Topic: Let's all ignore and not post in the racist threads below  (Read 3630 times)

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
Let's all ignore and not post in the racist threads below
« on: December 08, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »
I think it is important that we don't allow an industry troll to control the threads here.  Posting of racist threads should be illegal and does not conform to the purpose of this site or contribute to any meaningful discussions.  I am asking that everyone here recognize those threads for what they are and not add to them in any way, thus making sure they fall farther down the list of topics.   By responding, you only feed in to their plan to control the site.  

The use of Ursas was clearly meant to be an insult to Ursus, a regular and respected poster here.  Only industry trolls like Whooter/John Reuben use variations of other peoples names like this.  Let's not allow racism to become a dominant topic here on Fornits.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Let's all ignore and not post in the racist threads below
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 04:26:34 PM »
It is pretty disgusting the levels the industry will sink to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 04:29:34 PM »
Unfortunately, these racist postings can not be attributed to the program industry. It appears to be coming from one of our own, a program survivor named Ursus.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Re: Let's all ignore and not post in the racist troll threads
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:06:57 PM »
An audience critique on troll techniques:
I must say the personal attack on Ursus and attempts to defame him with an impersonation are ridiculous. The last good impersonation troll I saw was in a Layne Meacham thread. It had misused legal jargon and Klingon proverbs and the perpetrator really put some thought in to it. These pages of racist antagonism are pretty heavy handed and obvious. Nobody is really going to fail to notice the A in the imposter’s login, even with the duplicate avatar.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Let's all ignore and not post in the racist troll threads
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
An audience critique on troll techniques:
I must say the personal attack on Ursus and attempts to defame him with an impersonation are ridiculous. The last good impersonation troll I saw was in a Layne Meacham thread.

Um.  That wasn't an impersonation.  It was Layne Meacham.  I spoke to him on the phone at length.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Inculcated in wonderland
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:52:48 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Um.  That wasn't an impersonation.  It was Layne Meacham.  I spoke to him on the phone at length.
A stunning turn in an already strange terrain…Curiouser and curiouser
That is both the funniest and the most saddening thing I’ve ever read on Fornits.
With such ardently deluded displays as that > viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28043
… from program directors themselves no less…
How could a troll be held to such a standard? My expectations of their ilk were far too great.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 10:42:40 PM »
Hey!  I am the only one who is using the word "ilk" these day in posts.  Find your own word! But I am willing to trade for use of the word Ameliorate.  If you could find who has the rights to that word, I would appreciate it and be willing to trade.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 11:06:29 PM »
Quote from: "RMA Survivor"
Hey!  I am the only one who is using the word "ilk" these day in posts.  Find your own word!
I highly doubt that.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Re: side talk
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 11:21:30 PM »
Quote from: "RMA Survivor"
Hey!  I am the only one who is using the word "ilk" these days in posts.  Find your own word! But I am willing to trade for use of the word Ameliorate.  If you could find who has the rights to that word, I would appreciate it and be willing to trade.
Ameliorate is a nice one, but not so often relevant here. What will you trade me if I cede prevarication or catechize to you? (Useful for dealing with the Who troll)

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 03:00:28 AM »
Wow.  I would probably be willing to give up Grammaticaster, Saprogenic and I might even throw in Casuist, though I really want to use it in a post with Whooter some time, so I might need to hold on to that one briefly.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Re: Ooh my word!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 03:17:47 AM »
My word program didn’t even recognize Grammaticaster. “My noble Neophite, my little grammaticaster.”-B. Jonson.
 Yes, you ought to retain usage of casuistic for the specious one.
Decay came up in my last nightmare, but not very often here on Fornits.
Tell you what. Come find me or T.A.C. if you’re looking to get your hands on a sweet portmanteau or two that still has that new car smell.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 03:27:40 AM »
I haven't smelled that new car smell in too long.  They should make scratch and sniffs with it.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 01:32:20 AM »
What a surprise.  More Guests posting hate material or just anything really to detract from real topics.  I''l just keep adding to this thread so it stays on top.

But why waste the time?  Let's chat about something.  How about whether New Orleans can go undefeated?  Or the Colts?

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 07:21:12 AM »
Well, the discussion about undefeated teams didn't go so well.  And neither did the pursuit by those teams.  But saying as much puts this topic on top of the new industry trolls and their racist and homophobic threads.