Author Topic: The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies  (Read 1147 times)

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
« on: November 30, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »
http://www.maps.org/

The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a membership–based, IRS–approved 501 (c) (3) nonprofit research and educational organization. Our mission is 1) to treat conditions for which conventional medicines provide limited relief—such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), pain, drug dependence, anxiety and depression associated with end-of-life issues—by developing psychedelics and marijuana into prescription medicines; 2) to cure many thousands of people by building a network of clinics where treatments can be provided; and 3) to educate the public honestly about the risks and benefits of psychedelics and marijuana.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »
already a member. MAPS is the most legitimate and effective organization fighting against the war on drugs today, period.

donated two grand last year. i attend their dinners in brooklyn regularly. I also attended the conference in manhattan in early october.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:02:02 PM »
DMT is chicken soup for the confused soul.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
already a member. MAPS is the most legitimate and effective organization fighting against the war on drugs today, period.

donated two grand last year. i attend their dinners in brooklyn regularly. I also attended the conference in manhattan in early october.

This is pretty interesting. I'd like to hear more about it if you have learned or experienced anything that might be worth sharing.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 11:47:55 PM »
Quote from: "SEKTO"

The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a membership–based, IRS–approved 501 (c) (3) nonprofit research and educational organization. Our mission is 1) to treat conditions for which conventional medicines provide limited relief—such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), pain, drug dependence, anxiety and depression associated with end-of-life issues—by developing psychedelics and marijuana into prescription medicines; 2) to cure many thousands of people by building a network of clinics where treatments can be provided; and 3) to educate the public honestly about the risks and benefits of psychedelics and marijuana.

Fascinating, I was all set to sign up and pack a bag, before reading that the LSD study is only for participants with terminal conditions. Don’t they know that not everybody dying to know what relief could be wrought is actually dying in an imminent sense? Grumpy grumble aside, I’m glad that those who do meet the criteria and participate have the opportunity of this unique palliative care available to them.
Added note: I’d rather conduct my own explorations without a bunch of lab coated note takers peering and scribbling. Still, it's great that they're exploring this.
Who knows what the CIA is ever up to, but it’s been a long pause between academic studies like this in the U.S.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 06:02:38 AM by Inculcated »
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 02:31:40 AM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
Quote from: "SEKTO"

Fascinating, I was all set to sign up and pack a bag, before reading that the LSD study is only for participants with terminal conditions.  Don’t they know that not everybody dying to know what relief could be wrought is actually dying in an imminent sense?  Grumpy grumble aside, I’m glad that those who do meet the criteria and participate have the opportunity of this unique palliative care available to them.

thats true, and mostly everyone in MAPS's constituency/donor base agrees with you ...but they have to start somewhere.....

It's sorta like with marijuana: it is safer than asprin or pretty much any pharmaceutical medication, proven by a spotless track record of thousands of years. Yet many people still believe that medical marijuana should only be given to the seriously sick and dying; that marijuana is too "heavy" of a drug to give anyone who's not dying anyway. this is purely because of the stigma associated with it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »
FUCK