Author Topic: Way more kids praise programs than attack them, why is that?  (Read 26193 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Way more kids praise programs than attack them, why is t
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2010, 11:39:02 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"

It's called "evasion," Ursus.  Whooter strictly avoids things as long as he can and when he can no longer avoid them he withdraws or rat packs the other poster with a dozen sockpuppets.

He knows full well there is no one year follow-up so he ran away.  It's what he always does.

:notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2010, 01:17:09 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
I didnt think I was loosing my mind.  pelberlaw was asking anonymous, not me.  Most people here know if I am asked a question I typically respond.
He referred to you as anonymous because he's pretty sure your real name isn't Whooter.
Well it could have been you then he was asking for,  your name isnt really Anne Bonney.  No one has ever called me anonymous before, how would I know?
How would you know?   :D

Nobody else linked to a study, not in that thread, nor any other, for at least a few weeks prior to and after that post was made. But you brought one up.

Nobody else brought up the alleged one year followup to that study, but you did. When he asked about the one-year followup that you brought up, gee, why would you think he was addressing "someone else?"

Quote from: "pelberglaw"
    dear anonymous

I have seen and read the study you linked to. Stripped of its wrapping it compares how parents see their kids and kids see themselves on the day they are sent into a program and the day they leave. That kind of survey, even if dressed up with scientific language and statistics to make it look serious, is not worthy of discussion. I thought from your earlier post that there was a one year follow up. Has that been published? Is that true? Where can I find it? Thanks
    [/list]

It's called "evasion," Ursus.  Whooter strictly avoids things as long as he can and when he can no longer avoid them he withdraws or rat packs the other poster with a dozen sockpuppets.

He knows full well there is no one year follow-up so he ran away.  It's what he always does.

Ha,Ha,Ha  Sorry DJ, but you got fooled again.  You should slow down and read.  That post was directed at "anonymous"... not "Whooter"!!  lol

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #227 on: July 09, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
    Dear anonymous, The last statement you made wasn't very clear to me.  Was this based on personal knowledge or do you have a link that we can all read to.  Thanks I appreciate the feedback.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #228 on: July 09, 2010, 10:40:26 PM »
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:20:46 AM by DannyB II »
    Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Redditorsubmod

• View Profile
    « Reply #229 on: March 27, 2011, 12:37:52 AM »
    Quote from: "Guest"
    Before you start your explanation, I hope you consider refraining from using the term "brainwashing", since this is not accurate.
    If 1,000 kids say a program is just fine, and 4 kids complain that it was abusive, what would you believe? That is the choice parents have today and why the 'anti program movement' is nothing more than a few websites and the crazy people who run them.

These programs are all about making money; profit is the only reason the troubled teen industry exists. Where else but the troubled teen industry can a LCSW or marriage and family counselor make $1 million a year or more? For the most part, the people in the troubled teen industry are not 'evil' people. The abuses in the troubled teen industry occur because the operators want to maximize their profits, not because they intend on abusing the children. Unfortunately, abuse is a natural result of maximizing profits.

Brainwashing is an accurate term for what the trouble teen industry does.  Brainwashing is a technique developed during the Korean war to reduce the cost of warehousing prisoners.  That is the same reason why the troubled teen industry uses Brainwashing techniques so much. Maximizing profits means keeping costs of storing the kids low. Fewer guards means lower cost. If you take the time to study brainwashing techniques, then go observe a troubled teen program, you can check off the methods in use one by one.

The dirty secret behind the troubled teen industry is that most of the problems they claim to treat will resolve on their own as children mature. Families often encounter relationship problems when children are 13 to 18 years old.  For most families, those relationship issues resolve by themselves. Time is what helps the kids, not the troubled teen industry.  The troubled teen industry knows this and depends on it.  They do their dog and pony show for the parents, and then wait for time to work its magic.

The troubled teen industry understands that kids get better from maturity not therapy, and as a result, the primary goal of the troubled teen industry is not therapy, but to warehouse children at the lowest cost/greatest profit while waiting for the kids to mature and their problems to resolve.  Brainwashing kids is a very effective way to reduce the cost of confining kids. Try to find a troubled teen facility that does not use Brainwashing. Betcha can't.

Admittedly, brainwashing is rarely permanent. For most kids, they recover from its affects within a few years after they are removed from them. Unfortunately, that is not true for all kids. Some have lasting injury. The troubled teen industry knows this and does not care. Profit is more important than the damage done to the small number of kids.

Of course, resolution of behavioral problems by maturation presents a fatal flaw with any study claiming that the troubled teen industry actually helps kids. No study conducted to date accounts for normal maturation or differentiates it from any so-called therapeutic intervention.  The studies identify that kids are better after they have matured and claims that is a result of 'therapy.' It is all snake oil.

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
    « Reply #230 on: March 27, 2011, 11:56:12 AM »
    The question is when abuse is administered and sugar-coated as therapy,it's a crime.In October,1977,60 or 70 1st and 2nd phasers in Straight were forced to endure 15 hours without using the bathroom.What therapeutic purpose could that serve?It was a torment(torture)administered by some unqualified 18 year old staff members for probably their own kicks.If a child is at risk,one needs to see the credentials of all clinical staff before trusting their child's well-being to them.Who in the hell are the Lichfield brothers and how could anybody allow those people to sequester their teens,even their misbehaving ones,to people like these,especially on foreign soil where a lot more can happen?For me,that's grounds for looking into Baker Acting a parent.

Offline Redditorsubmod

• View Profile
    « Reply #231 on: March 27, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
    I agree that programs are not effective with all children.  

The sad part is that you imply that the troubled teen programs are effective with any children. There is no proof that they are. Logic says that they cannot be.

Legitimate psychologists, i.e. those that are not sock puppets for the troubled teen industry, acknowledge that the types of behavioral problems for which teens are sent to troubled teen programs are the kind that naturally resolve as children mature.  The troubled teen program therapists know this. They realize that the therapy they provide is snake oil. The real medicine is time.  The troubled teen industry merely warehouses kids and waits for them to mature. The so called 'therapy' is merely marketing and advertising to the parents.

The troubled teen industry is merely a cash for kids. Corporate greed in its worst form.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Correction
    « Reply #232 on: March 27, 2011, 09:22:45 PM »
    Quote from: "Redditorsubmod"
    I agree that programs are not effective with all children.  
    The sad part is that you imply that the troubled teen programs are effective with any children.
    Not so. I have never implied any such thing.

Nor have I ever posted ... any such thing.

Nor would I ever post ... any such thing.

Fwiw, the quote you attribute to me, was actually posted by Whooter ... right HERE (begin of his last paragraph).

Just wanted to make sure I cleared up any misconceptions, in case there were any. I certainly wouldn't want to deny anyone credit, especially where credit is so clearly due!  :D
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
    « Reply #233 on: March 28, 2011, 04:00:53 AM »
    Reading The Tico Times(The local English weekly)coverage of the the Dundee Ranch and Teen Mentor closings,a former 14 year old Dundee Ranch internee stated in 2003,insanely enough,that she didn't mind the PTSD because of all the benefits reaped from her stay there.Needless to say ,her saying she didn't "mind" having PTSD spoke volumes for her state of mind at the time and nailed the Dundee Ranch's coffin better than anything I could say.I would love to interview that 23 year old woman who was 14 at that time and see if she would like to revise that statement.We all know that answer.It's sort of like saying I don't mind having HIV(I don't have HIV for the record)because the encounter was so fantastic.Insanity breeding insanity,the cycle needs to end.Some teens do need an intervention because they are becoming real(not imagined)dangers to themselves.Real therapy is not wholesale and does not come cheap.The parents need to be sure the clinicians have the qualifications to trust their children with.Those people aren't easy to find and they don't have the last name Lichfield.

Offline Laguna

• View Profile
    « Reply #234 on: August 15, 2011, 12:48:21 PM »
    I think this fact is similar to kids growing being appreciative of their strict parents.  Parents who do not discipline their children when they are doing something wrong are not resembling the real world.  Parents who reward their kids when they are behaving badly do not resemble the world.  The kids are in for a rude awakening when they hit the real world with this type of upbringing.  I think very strict boarding schools give kids this discipline and they realize its value later in life.  What has anyone heard about the chrysalis school montana?