Author Topic: Way more kids praise programs than attack them, why is that?  (Read 26029 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Way more kids praise programs than attack them, why is that?
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2010, 01:20:14 PM »
Quote from: "Joel"
Dysfunction Junction,

Do you have a beef with anyone who worked in the TTI?

Nope.  I think anyone who worked for the TTI should have recognized quite quickly however that it is a sham/scam.  Accordingly, they should have resigned and reported their former bosses to the proper authorities.  If they weren't bright or educated enough to recognize this, they shouldn't be "therapizing" any kids in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2010, 01:23:50 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:27:23 AM by Joel »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2010, 01:32:25 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
If I'm not mistaken, DJ worked in the TTI.  I could be confusing him with another though.

No, you're correct, Anne.  And I reported the facility and its employees to the proper authorities and resigned for cause.  

Ever since I have been advocating for the kids unfortunate enough to be warehoused in abusive shit-pits like Aspen facilities.  One of the abusive animals I worked with was Rudy Bentz who has been fired or forced to resign from a half dozen facilities for abusing kids, including the one where I worked.  Incedentally, he was running ASR when Whooter's kid was there, so I can say with assurance Whooter's kid received quackery instead of therapy.  Rudy was an uneducated, drunken hack who manslaughtered a man vehicularly whilst driving bombed.  Just the kind of upstanding character you'd want screaming "YOU'RE A FUCKING WHORE!" at your daughter in group "therapy" sessions.  Or advising your son how to make a "fake pussy" out of a milk carton and a piece of liver to facilitate masturbation.  This is the type of criminally abusive scumbags running many of the TTI facilities out there today.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2010, 01:35:02 PM »
Are there personal experiences you can attribute towards your last statement?  I am interested in hearing about them.

Sure.  You can read my personal experiences in this forum.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2010, 04:12:54 PM »
I think one of the problems you are having is that you have been trolling and spewing anger from the shadows for so long that you have forgotten how to communicate or discuss a topic without attacking someone.  There is no getting around logging in here anymore, Dysfunction Junction.  It is something you are going to have to live with going forward.

Once you get past this whole John Reuben fiasco maybe you can take Joel’s advice and take on one of the forums as a moderator.  I am sure Fornits can use people with experience in the industry and working with other posters may help you get back into the groove of contributing here again.  Maybe if you call the number that Joel posted you could speak to John Reuben yourself which may help you get past some of your anger and settle things in your mind of who he is and who I am not.

Your present postings are not very productive, I have to admit.

My gut feel is that you are just stopping by here and need to dump some of your hatred on someone and you will be gone in about a week.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »
 I am challenging you to  do so.

I really hate loaded language.

I bet you do it means work.
 :shamrock:
Danny.....

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2010, 08:53:59 PM »
Blah, blah, blah!!
one day at a time

Offline Mr. Magee

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2010, 05:13:28 PM »
Huey is the worst!  He defends himself, not the program.  The program is probably fairly good given the low standards of such places.  It is all about the $$ for Huey.  CALO is not exactly one in the same as Huey.

Look at Huey's vehicles, multiple homes, and lavish lifestyle... then you will know what he is all about.  The only one worse is probably Addler out of Three Rivers.  They were cut from the same cloth.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2010, 05:36:54 PM »
I was in a program and it saved my life. Here on fornits they want to use brainwashing tactics to force you into their group think cult and make you spout off anti program talking points just like they do. The fornits cult is dangerous and scary.
one day at a time

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2010, 06:59:26 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
I was in a program and it saved my life. Here on fornits they want to use brainwashing tactics to force you into their group think cult and make you spout off anti program talking points just like they do. The fornits cult is dangerous and scary.

SUCK IT, you seem like a pretty angry dimwit.  Are you related to Whooter?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2010, 11:21:30 PM »
I find it sad that we can't engage in one simple topic without derailing on Whooter's credibility... thing is, I really could give a fuck less who this person is. Maybe all this drama is just before my time here on fornits but I just don't understand why you would let an anonymous poster get to you all so much.

Okay so, he/she seems to be of the opposite opinion than most of the people on this site, but seriously if it weren't for the other side of the fence willing to come here and debate we would be just about as boring and deserted as antiwwasp... I'm actually grateful to be able to go blow for blow with a program parent because I thinking its important to be able to establish a dialogue... not to change their minds but to provide interesting reading material for the parents who come here to lurk and learn the points of both sides of the argument.

That's obviously not to say that anything he/she says should be taken seriously, given a vast history of going too far and then back peddling... but I do believe that it only bodes well for us that this kind of logic is synonymous with most program parents because it shows onlookers exactly what kind of lack of common sense and empathy we are up against.
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2010, 01:05:19 AM »
Quote from: "Danny Bennison"
I am so happy you found your way to live, can't you be happy for folks that found a way to live practicing the principles that AA wrote about. Which really are basic life principles.
 :shamrock:  :shamrock:
Danny......

Hmm... well Danny, although my intent was not to sabotage your belief system... I must admit I find it hard to relate. Not to the need for common understanding, in fact I encourage a group therapy environment, and certainly not the need for a basic life principals. What I have a hard time understanding is why a doctrine that encourages you to believe you are powerless has any positive effect on your willpower to stay sober. In fact, I'm almost positive that way of thinking greatly contributes to the failure of so many addicts that have attended these meetings.

I guess it doesn't help that I am also not a fan of organized religion and can really only view AA/NA as a modern day attempt at religious conquest. I find the idea that the only thing that can keep a man sober is some imaginary being quite disturbing and frankly illogical when the man is the only one who can choose to drink the booze.

That surely doesn't mean I hate anyone, and I don't think you are all idiots. My crass language is only descriptive of my utter bewilderment of such a concept.

As well, I wasn't inferring that I don't have my own "addictions" but I do not claim to be diseased, from what I understand, those are called "impulses" and they are things I can learn to control with will power and intent. I would find it very difficult to ever expect to look outside myself for control over my own emotions and surely not my decision making.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2010, 09:28:41 AM »

Danny.....

No, just the opposite.  Loaded language is designed to stop critical thought. That's why AA and programs employ so much of it.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »

Danny.....

No, just the opposite.  Loaded language is designed to stop critical thought. That's why AA and programs employ so much of it.

I must agree. In fact I was thinking about this the other day, I used the word "accountability" in some way to refer to something I was responsible for, and my husband kinda looked at me weird. It wasn't that it was just a big word, it was that I was taking responsibility for something that really had nothing to do with me.

So of course it got me thinking, why have did I use this word in this way and why am I conditioned to take "accountability" for something that I should be holding someone else responsible for? Then of course it dawned on me where I learned this term.... the program. I had a hard time understanding the concept they were trying to create for this word, which was that no matter who or what initally caused the incident in question, YOU are accountable for the outcome because in one way or another YOU created it.

The way they explained this was with a drawing of two cars at an intersection, one car runs a red light and the other car, who has the green light, t-bones that car. Common sense would say that the car who ran the light is responsible for the accident but taking "accountability" means that if YOU were the person who went on the green light, that YOU are responsible for the crash simply because you chose to drive down that road that day.

This "accountability" concept was used quite a lot in the program, mostly as feedback to convince those skeptical of admitting to being alcoholics but it was also used to convince otherwise normal teenagers that they somehow created the abuse they were receiving simply because they "got themselves to the program". This was precisely what I was told when I reported the abusive staff and conditions at High Impact and this is the same mentality that program supporters are using against survivors who speak out. They refer to us as bad seeds, whiners, or money grubbers but what they are really saying is that they believe that in every circumstance we deserved the abuse. Taking "accountability" in the sense they describe is very much like battered wife syndrome, blindly accepting abuse and or consequences for reasons that logically do not infer fault, and more importantly obsolving those who ARE responsible.

In my opinion, this was just another way they were using these techniques to control the thought processes of their followers in unabashed intent on skirting their own responsibility to give proper treatment of the patients in their care. One can wonder why they would really go so out of their way... but im assuming it starts with a $ and ends with a $$ :deal:

Offline 4eva1243

• View Profile
Re: Way more kids praise programs than attack them, why is t
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2010, 09:13:07 PM »
To be honest, i was very resistant to the program. And I could've done without the Malt-O-Meal mush.  Realistically though being away from the environment I placed myself in did save my life. And there are a lot of things that MOST of us view as un-necessary, like how the hell are you supposed to memorize all those damn rules, i'll never know. :cheers:  to bein' home safe!