Author Topic: AARC supporting hypocrite busted for DUI and Cocaine  (Read 8678 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC supporting hypocrite busted for DUI and Cocaine
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:03:02 PM »
EDMONTON — Rahim Jaffer, the former Conservative MP for Edmonton-Strathcona, has been charged with drunk driving and possession of cocaine.

Mr. Jaffer, who is married to Simcoe-Grey Tory MP Helena Guergis, was stopped by police shortly before 1 a.m. on Sept. 11 in Palgrave, a suburban community in the town of Caledon northeast of Toronto.

The former MP was allegedly speeding through the village when he was stopped by the Ontario Provincial Police, who smelled alcohol on his breath and conducted an investigation, Const. Jonathan Beckett said in a news release.

Mr. Jaffer is scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 19. His driver’s licence was suspended for 90 days.

Mr. Jaffer lost his seat last fall to Linda Duncan of the NDP.

In the run-up to the election, Mr. Jaffer’s campaign took out an advertisement on and Edmonton’s 630 CHED radio that made reference to remarks NDP leader Jack Layton made in 2003 about his appreciation of marijuana.

“Edmontonians understand how difficult it is to make sure our children make the right choices, especially on serious issues like drug use,” the advertisement said.

“The Conservative party supports drug-free schools and getting tough on drug dealers who sell illegal drugs to children. Don’t let our schools go up in smoke.”

Edmonton Journal
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Re: AARC supporting hypocrite busted for DUI and Cocaine
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:00:56 PM »
I am not aware of Radio Rahim supporting AARC.  In fact, I have my doubts that Rahim even knows where Calgary is.  One doesn't have to go fishing to find hypocritical politicians who support AARC.  Here's a good one:

"Ms. Forsyth: — No, I can’t. But I can tell you we have two recourses we can go with drug and alcohol. We have AADAC (Alberta Alcohol & Drug Abuse Commission) which is our sort of Alberta alcohol and drug centre. We also have AARC which is the Alberta Adolescent Recovery Centre.

If a child is at stage 1 or 2 drug and alcohol addiction, we could put them into AADAC. If they’re at 3 or 4, which is a higher drug and alcohol addiction, 4 being the highest, then they will go into AARC which will then be covered by the government and long-term.

That again depends on how long the child is involved on the street. Those repeats that I’ve told you — 55 — I’ve got kids that are shooting cocaine into their feet, they’re so drug and alcohol addicted. So obviously they would have to go into AARC which deals with a higher level of addiction. Some of them are just starting to experiment with drugs and alcohol so we can get them the training and the help through AADAC."
http://www.legassembly.sk.ca/Committees ... ildren.htm

"I understand you have been in contact with Cindy Ady's office regarding
your concerns on the AARC program.  As you live in the Calgary Fish
Creek riding they have forwarded your comments to our office.  I
understand you have also been in contact with the Minister of Justice
and Minister of Health and Wellness.  I have forwarded your concerns to
Heather and she recommends that if you are aware of a situation of abuse
happening in this facility that you, or the person directly affected,
contact the police or the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-387-5437.  

Sincerely,

Jaime
Assistant to
Heather Forsyth, MLA
Calgary Fish Creek"

I would encourage interested readers to contact Heather and ask how it came to be that Rachel O'Neill was held in AARC for months, in light of the fact that AARC's go-to hack, Peter Choda, reported that it was "not clear that she has an advanced substance dependency disorder that is appropriate to admission to AARC."  So much for the "higher level of addiction".

Heather might also explain where she came up with those classifications for addiction.  Can't seem to find them anywhere in the DSM IV.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Former Alberta MP Rahim Jaffer charged with drunk driving...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:14:45 PM »
For what it's worth ... Link for the article in the OP:

National Post
Former Alberta MP Rahim Jaffer charged with drunk driving, drug possession
Posted:  September 16, 2009, 6:34 PM by Chris Boutet
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:21:54 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
Heather might also explain where she came up with those classifications for addiction. Can't seem to find them anywhere in the DSM IV.

One approach is to contact a few drug counselors and most will tell you that there are 4 stages to drug addiction

Here’s a closer look at the four main stages of drug addiction.

Stage 1: Experimentation
Experimentation is defined as the voluntary use of drugs without experiencing any negative social or legal consequences. For many, experimenting may occur once or several times as a way to “have fun” or even to help the individual cope with a problem. For many, experimentation can occur without any desire to continue using the drug. For others, it can start to become a problem when it moves into the next stage of addiction: regular use.

Stage 2: Regular Use
Some people will be able to enter the stage of regular use without developing a dependence or addiction. These people will be able to stop the drug use on their own. The problem with regular use is that the risk for substance abuse greatly increases during this stage. It also increases risky behaviors such as driving under the influence, unexplained violence, and symptoms of depression and anxiety.

Stage 3: Risky Use/Abuse
The line between regular use and risky use/abuse is a very thin one, but is usually defined as continued use of drugs in spite of severe social and legal consequences. What might have begun as a temporary form of escape can quickly lead to more serious problems. This is the stage where the warning signs of addiction will begin to appear: craving, preoccupation with the drug, and symptoms of depression, irritability and fatigue if the drug is not used.

Stage 4: Drug Addiction and Dependency
Physical dependence on a drug is often intertwined with addiction. Characteristics of dependence and drug addiction include withdrawal symptoms and compulsive use of the drug despite severe negative consequences to his or her relationships, physical and mental health, personal finances, job security and criminal record.

I would encourage interested readers to contact Heather and ask how it came to be that Rachel O'Neill was held in AARC for months, in light of the fact that AARC's go-to hack, Peter Choda, reported that it was "not clear that she has an advanced substance dependency disorder that is appropriate to admission to AARC." So much for the "higher level of addiction".

Although I dont want to answer for Heather.  Rehabs which are set-up to handle people in the midst of  Stage III and Stage IV addiction can also handle people struggling with Stage I and Stage II addiction.  But this doesn’t work the other way around.  So in special cases people in Stage I and II can be sent to a facility specializing in Stage III and IV and can be treated adequately.
Look at it like utilizing a small hammer to drive in a push pin.  It is not really needed but it still does the job. I believe the treatment was effective and Rachael is able to hold down a job and is off addictive substances.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »
Great reponse, totally unencumbered by  facts or relevance.  Those stages aren't found in the DSM IV.  Whatever amateur quack resource you choose to turn to is your business, but I am referring specifically to a program that claims to treat a brain disease using a non-medical classification system in diagnosis of this disease.  Why you chose to answer for Heather Forsyth when you're way down there in Massachusetts and ought to be worried about the lawsuits that are likely to come your way due to your ongoing involvement in the Aspen scam, is beyond me.  I can't say for sure whether or not Rachael is able to hold down a job.  From what I have heard, she suffers from PTSD brought on by being subjected to the illegal behaviour modification techniques used in AARC, so if she continues to carry on while carrying that terrible burden, I salute her.
Is holding someone against their will for 5 months with no legal right to do so, and subjecting them to psycho-surgery performed by unqualified amateurs just like using a hammer to push a pin?  I would have said it was more like kidnapping and torture, but then I'm not trying to rip off anxious parents like you are.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »
Those stages aren't found in the DSM IV.
I looked back at my post and I never mentioned that they were. ADHD is though lol.  Your bible not mine.  If you dont agree with the stages or think they should be broken down differently you should speak up instead of getting mad.... this is an open forum.  For example Bipolar was being broken down by professionals into BipolarI and Bipolar II (for treatment purposes) long before it was broken down in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM).  The DSM reflecs real life and real life unfolds on a daily basis.  No one waits for the DSM to come out with a new up date and then changes what they do, the DSM changes to reflect what the real world is doing.  So you can choose to wait for updates to be voted in if you like that is your privilege.  But you asked the question and that is the answer.

Look Ajax13, the information for the DSM IV was researched in the late 1980’s early 1990’s and was published in 1994.  Should we all stand still until the new version comes out?  No one does... Autism was a small piece then and is now diagnosed under several pieces and codes, but the version IV doesn’t reflect that we need to wait for DSM V.

Why you chose to answer for Heather Forsyth when you're way down there in Massachusetts
The internet knows no boundaries, Ajax13.  Of all people you know that.  The Union institute is in the US remember?

I can't say for sure whether or not Rachael is able to hold down a job.
Rachael is actually is doing quite well since leaving AARC at least the last time she checked in she was holding down a steady job, was clean and sober and seemed quite articulate when she spoke and well educated.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 09:43:49 PM »
Drivel again.  The DSM IV provides the standard by which mental health professionals assess and diagnose disorders.  I suggested that anyone reading this thread ask Heather Forsyth from whence she acquired her particular categories of addiction.  You, for whatever reason, took it upon yourself to make a totally unsubstantiated claim about the source of her nomenclature.  The only question I asked was in regard to your hammer on a pin metaphor for unlawful confinement and torture.    While Rachael has accomplished a great deal in spite of having been wrongfully imprisoned and tortured in AARC, she has had a very arduous experience since fleeing AARC.  Being a TTI shill in Massachusetts who has never met nor spoken to Rachael, you would know nothing about that.  Rachael has never "checked in" with you, so again, one is left to be mildly repulsed  by the bizarre nonsense you spew here.  Your claim with regard to the DSM IV is specious.  While there is currently debate as to the difference between the disorders of substance abuse and dependence and how they will be classified and diagnosed in the new DSM, both the nonsense you posted, and Heather Forsyth's four categories, are unscientific reisms and are not part of legitimate medical practise.

Canadian West."

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 10:18:15 PM »
Drivel again.  The DSM IV provides the standard by which mental health professionals assess and diagnose disorders.  I suggested that anyone reading this thread ask Heather Forsyth from whence she acquired her particular categories of addiction.  You, for whatever reason, took it upon yourself to make a totally unsubstantiated claim about the source of her nomenclature.
I never spoke of the source.  But what we do know is that the DSM IV was developed in the late 1980's and we are aprroaching 2010.  You do the math.  If you would like to stay on the side lines and disregard all the work and advancements which have been done since the publishing of DSM IV be my guest.  If you would like to call Heather that is an option too, or you could take a minute to understand the 4 stages of addiction:
Here’s a closer look at the four main stages of drug addiction.

Stage 1: Experimentation
Experimentation is defined as the voluntary use of drugs without experiencing any negative social or legal consequences. For many, experimenting may occur once or several times as a way to “have fun” or even to help the individual cope with a problem. For many, experimentation can occur without any desire to continue using the drug. For others, it can start to become a problem when it moves into the next stage of addiction: regular use.

Some people will be able to enter the stage of regular use without developing a dependence or addiction. These people will be able to stop the drug use on their own. The problem with regular use is that the risk for substance abuse greatly increases during this stage. It also increases risky behaviors such as driving under the influence, unexplained violence, and symptoms of depression and anxiety.

The line between regular use and risky use/abuse is a very thin one, but is usually defined as continued use of drugs in spite of severe social and legal consequences. What might have begun as a temporary form of escape can quickly lead to more serious problems. This is the stage where the warning signs of addiction will begin to appear: craving, preoccupation with the drug, and symptoms of depression, irritability and fatigue if the drug is not used.

Stage 4: Drug Addiction and Dependency
Physical dependence on a drug is often intertwined with addiction. Characteristics of dependence and drug addiction include withdrawal symptoms and compulsive use of the drug despite severe negative consequences to his or her relationships, physical and mental health, personal finances, job security and criminal record.

The only question I asked was in regard to your hammer on a pin metaphor for unlawful confinement and torture.    While Rachael has accomplished a great deal in spite of having been wrongfully imprisoned and tortured in AARC, she has had a very arduous experience since fleeing AARC.  
She has a good job,  is also doing well and has been drug free since leaving AARC.

Being a TTI shill in Massachusetts who has never met nor spoken to Rachael, you would know nothing about that.  Rachael has never "checked in" with you, so again, one is left to be mildly repulsed  by the bizarre nonsense you spew here.
I sense a higher than normal level of frustration  in that you resort to name calling when facts are brought to the table or someone disagrees with you.  I checked back on my post and confirmed that I never stated that Rachael checked in with me.  You seem to always confuse the facts Ajax13.

Your claim with regard to the DSM IV is specious.  While there is currently debate as to the difference between the disorders of substance abuse and dependence and how they will be classified and diagnosed in the new DSM, both the nonsense you posted, and Heather Forsyth's four categories, are unscientific reisms and are not part of legitimate medical practise.
No one said they were, Ajax13.  If you want to break them down differently yourself you are free to do so, this is an open forum.  If you disagree with the way the four stages have been broken out then you should address them instead of ridiculing everyone else’s work.  They may or may not be adopted for the next printing of the DSM.  But change occurs over 20 years and the professionals are not going to forgo treatment awaiting the printing of the latest version of the DSM IV.  But be my guest if that suits you.
You had the same MO when talking about AARC, lots of criticism but very little input or value added.  You seem to have some experience with addiction… how would you break out the Stages?  I have heard that some people like to categorize them into 3 stages.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 10:55:32 PM »
I suggested that readers ask Heather Forsyth as to the source of her four stages of addiction.  Rather than finding out the answer to that question, you claimed one approach to getting an explanation as to where Heather Forsyth came up with her stages of addiction was to ask a drug counselor and then you posted what you claimed were four stages of drug addiction. These descriptions are not part of any scientific system for assessment and diagnosis of a brain disease.   The four stages that you posted are, as I said, reisms.  Why would you suggest asking a drug counselor rather than asking Heather Forsyth, as I had suggested?  You have no idea whether or nor Rachael has been drug-free since leaving AARC.  When you said "the last time she checked in" who were you claiming she had checked in with?  You have no idea what goes on in that woman's life beyond what she has posted here, and what you saw, if you even bothered to watch, the Fifth Estate program.  
You're a psychopath and you got enraged when I inadvertently described your real situation through dumb luck.  I didn't know that you actually had put your kid in a wilderness program where he was subjected to abuse and quackery and then he killed himself.  It was just a guess based on your deviant behavior evident in your posts on Fornits.  As a psychopath, you're used to manipulating folks to accomplish your ends, so you're lazy.  Because you're lazy, you don't do much work to ensure that you can use facts and logic when you try to play your game here.  And like any psychopath, once people are onto you, your scope of action is constantly diminishing.  Metaphorically speaking, you're reduced to whacking off while you sniff your victim's panties as the cops surround your house.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:22:46 PM by ajax13 »

Canadian West."

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 11:02:27 PM »
Great reponse, totally unencumbered by  facts or relevance.  Those stages aren't found in the DSM IV.

No, Druggie, they took them from my magnum opus Gone Way Down--Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease.  They are obviously applying the program that Dr. Vause provided them after I so graciously taught them to that ol' Canuck.  

I sense a bit of an "enabler" attitude in you Ajax---perhaps you should drop by Christ Of The Sea Church some time......I understand you Canadians are awfully fond of vacationing in Florida, and I can help you with a little counseling for your latent substance abuse problem.  I can refer you to some wonderful programs where you can get the help you so desperately need.
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 11:10:30 PM »
Dr. Newton, I can hardly see my monitor through my tears.  Although I don't "use" drugs per se, I have seen and enjoyed several movies starring Robert Mitchum.  And while I have not fornicated with animals as a means to acquire drugs, I did have a pet corgi as a boy.  I realize that the halcion days of PRIDE shipping my fellow Calgarians off to New Jersey are only a fond memory, if you could do anything to help me find some teenagers to watch me defecate so that I can come to terms with my disease, I would be eternally grateful.

Canadian West."

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 08:07:48 AM »
I suggested that readers ask Heather Forsyth as to the source of her four stages of addiction. Rather than finding out the answer to that question, you claimed one approach to getting an explanation as to where Heather Forsyth came up with her stages of addiction was to ask a drug counselor and then you posted what you claimed were four stages of drug addiction. These descriptions are not part of any scientific system for assessment and diagnosis of a brain disease. The four stages that you posted are, as I said, reisms. Why would you suggest asking a drug counselor rather than asking Heather Forsyth, as I had suggested?
I always think it is a good idea to collect as much information as possible so that people can choose for themselves.  Some people may not want to take the time to locate Heathers phone number and try to get her on the phone.  I am not sure if she is reading here so she may not post the 4 Stages herself.  Instead of waiting why not post information we have available and let people kick it around and choose for themselves.
I am not suggesting to take these 4 Stages used by Drug counsellors over what Heather  says, but we can take a look at these while waiting for Heather to respond or for people to call her.  Then we can post Her 4 Stages and then compare them.  I think it would make for an interesting discussion.  Why would an open discussion frighten you so much?  

You have no idea whether or nor Rachael has been drug-free since leaving AARC. When you said "the last time she checked in" who were you claiming she had checked in with? You have no idea what goes on in that woman's life beyond what she has posted here, and what you saw, if you even bothered to watch, the Fifth Estate program.
Actually I do, Ajax13.  I was referring to the last time she checked in here at fornits.

You're a psychopath and you got enraged when I inadvertently described your real situation through dumb luck. I didn't know that you actually had put your kid in a wilderness program where he was subjected to abuse and quackery and then he killed himself. It was just a guess based on your deviant behavior evident in your posts on Fornits. As a psychopath, you're used to manipulating folks to accomplish your ends, so you're lazy. Because you're lazy, you don't do much work to ensure that you can use facts and logic when you try to play your game here. And like any psychopath, once people are onto you, your scope of action is constantly diminishing. Metaphorically speaking, you're reduced to whacking off while you sniff your victim's panties as the cops surround your house.
Oh boy, here we go with the personal attacks again.  I remember this approach when you were faced with facts about AARC you started calling board members fat and making fun of Vauses son for playing Hockey.  You even made fun of the college where this guy went to school until I pointed out that it was an accredited University and then you turned on me.   By making fun of me do you think it will somehow diminish the 4 Stages that have been posted?  Were you hoping that they didn’t exist so you could ridicule this Heather person?  Your a strange dude, Ajax13.  You ask questions and when someone answers instead of discussing you attack the people personally.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 09:26:31 AM »
I agree with you guest, I think the personal attacks are out of line and detract from the discussion.  I dont think we are sure if this Heather person is even reading this thread so waiting for a response is probably not the best direction right now.  But getting  back to the stages again I think we need to keep in mind that they are not there as an exact barometer so to speak.  The stages should be used as a point of reference not as a labelling device.  Each case needs to be looked at separately.  If a child is at the high end of Stage II (for example) and counsellors or therapists  feel that this person is quickly headed for Stage III or has a family History then placement into AARC may be considered proactive (See Reference below).  Stage II placement at AADAC may be ineffective for this child.  So in my opinion these Stages should used as a tool for placement and communication between professionals not as a set of laws or labels which will supercede a therapists' experience or individual needs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 11:17:34 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
   By making fun of me do you think it will somehow diminish the 4 Stages that have been posted?  

The "four stages" hypothesis of which you are so enamored don't need Ajax, or anyone else, to diminish them----they are quackery, pseudoscience, and downright fraudulent, particularly when they are passed off as some sort of diagnostic tool in the field of addictionology.  As was mentioned earlier, they are lifted directly from a completely discredited (actually, never credible in the first place) source---"Dr." Miller Newton's book, "Gone Way Down".  Your acceptance of the "four stages" model indicates that you are an idiot, and also illustrates that AARC and Vause, despite AARColyte claims to the contrary, are direct descendants of Newton's Straight/KIDS program.  No credible treatment facility would base their philosophy of treatment on such outright bullshit, but, brainwashed zombie that you are, you take them as gospel truth because "Miller Newton/Vause says so".  You may as well start making claims for astrology, phrenology, or any other pseudoscience, because they are about as valid as the four stages model that you are heralding as some sort of scientifically valid notion.  By doing so, you prove that AARC = Straight, inc. or KIDS with a Canadian address.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 11:56:06 AM »
The "four stages" hypothesis of which you are so enamored don't need I, or anyone else, to diminish them----they are quackery, pseudoscience, and downright fraudulent, particularly when they are passed off as some sort of diagnostic tool in the field of addictionology. As was mentioned earlier, they are lifted directly from a completely discredited (actually, never credible in the first place) source---"Dr." Miller Newton's book, "Gone Way Down". Your acceptance of the "four stages" model indicates that you are an idiot, and also illustrates that AARC and Vause, despite AARColyte claims to the contrary, are direct descendants of Newton's Straight/KIDS program. No credible treatment facility would base their philosophy of treatment on such outright bullshit, but, brainwashed zombie that you are, you take them as gospel truth because "Miller Newton/Vause says so". You may as well start making claims for astrology, phrenology, or any other pseudoscience, because they are about as valid as the four stages model that you are heralding as some sort of scientifically valid notion. By doing so, you prove that AARC = Straight, inc. or KIDS with a Canadian address.

You are confusing this with “life stages” in Dr. Miller Newtons book.  I know you probably feel a little foolish after that outburst but I cant believe how much anger you have in you.  This is just a discussion, Ajax13.  Nothing is being formalized here or written in stone.  You were looking for information on the 4 Stages of Addiction ( See your original post)and requested that the readers ask Heather for her reference and I offered up the 4 stages which are typically used within the addiction treatment community.  If these are different than the ones you sited in your original post then that makes for a better discussion because the definition of stage II and Stage III defines whether a person is better suited for AADAC or AARC.  If the stages that Heather works to are different than the ones I posted than this would be interesting to look at from a viewpoint of the different communities and how they define treatment needs.

Have you had any luck contacting Heather Forsyth?  I think you would have better luck than the rest of us in contacting her since you seem to know more about this.  In the mean time lets stick with the 4 Stages we presently have on the table and we will defer reference to Heathers 4 Stages until we receive them.  But either way I am sure they are going to be similar.