Author Topic: Seminars and brainwashing  (Read 2110 times)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
Seminars and brainwashing
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:11:20 PM »
Can anyone help me weigh in on the history of WWASP's seminars (Resource Realizations) and where these techniques were derived from.

To plainly explain that they use mind control techniques to demand loyalty parallel to that of a religious cult sounds a bit "over the top"... so how else could one approach this subject tactfully?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline anythinganyone

• View Profile
Re: Seminars and brainwashing
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 11:28:52 PM »
My understanding is that they come straight from Lifespring, an old cult of which David Gilcrease was a part of.  I recall something along the lines of Lifespring being inspired as a get-rich-quick scheme by someone with a lackluster education after failing with some lame scam, but don't quote me on that.

I assume they are based on POW camps and cults and their tactics, specifically most likely from descriptions, testimony of experience, and psychoanalysis books.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 06:36:04 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
Can anyone help me weigh in on the history of WWASP's seminars (Resource Realizations) and where these techniques were derived from.
L Ron Hubbard begat Scientology, influenced loosely by OTO (Aleister Crowley) et al (search for "Jack Parsons").  Werner Erhard of est then stole their "tech" from Scientology (for which Erhard was declared a "Suppressive Person" or "SP".  John Hanley Sr. based LifeSpring off Est.  Gilcrease based Resource Realizations (premier education) on LifeSpring.  That's about the sum of it.

OTO begat Scientology which begat est which begat LifeSpring which begat Resource Realizations / Premier Education / WWASP.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"
I would have never guessed that L Ron read any Crowley hmmmm.........
Well.  OTO wasn't a cult, first of all.  Any any ideas can be twisted.  To his credit, Crowley called it early that L Ron was a con artist.  Read "Bare Faced Messiah" for more on that.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)