Author Topic: Daytop can't pay employees again  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Daytop can't pay employees again
« on: November 01, 2009, 01:05:18 AM »
even after taking back raises they still aren't able to pay their employees. last pay period the checks didn't come on friday. they had to wait until tuesday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Re: Daytop can't pay employees again
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »
Quote from: "former daytop employee"
even after taking back raises they still aren't able to pay their employees. last pay period the checks didn't come on friday. they had to wait until tuesday.

You keep in touch with current counselors?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 03:23:37 PM »
I don't have any contacts there anymore.  My last colleague to leave (a teacher) went to work at the county jail citing "a better, safer, more professional environment" as her reason for leaving Daytop for the County Cooler.  Sick, huh?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »
Yeah.  that is a pretty revealing comment from your teacher friend. I always liked classes best in Daytop.  It was such a breathe of fresh air to spend time in a classroom. I use to feel like I was re-entering reality for brief periods of time.  It was like a semi-safety zone.  I actually really started to enjoy classwork, and I hated with a passion the dfays where they would cancel school, because they thought that we need more f***ing groups.  

The teachers in the facility that I went to were good people.  I liked all of them. I never understtod how they worked there.  I knew that they disagreed with a lot of things, but it was almost like too seperate worlds.  they never really crossed over into one another, and in the end, the teachers were considerred like nobodies in the overall hierarchy in that facility.

They only had objective knowledge.  They did not have the "specail" knowledge, that the counselors did. I remember I had to sit in that stupid chair one time, and one of the teacher's seeing me there in the hallway remarked that I was a good man, and the other said bacl, that I was a good man, and also a man of principle. That made me feel good, and I had respect and fondness for them as well. But it's weird, how in a place like that, those good things are like quiet whisperring that occasionally rise... like single solitary flowers in a field of weeds.  They are not in place to mean all that they can mean.

I also remeber this other time, I was shot down, amnd therefore, the only place I was allowed to sit for my shotdown term was on the floor, to signify my less-ness, I guess.. lol....  Anyway, this one teacher told me to get up, and sit in a seat during some class.. A few of the status members fought him like crazy from every angle, that I was shot down and this was not acceptable, but he did not budge.  He just kept saying, " this is class. end of story."

and between those 2 stories, I ve incidentally mentioned all 3 teachers that were in daytop.  I mention stories where they did things in relation to me direactly, but these are not the reasons I like them.  they just really were good fucking guys, and they had very quickly earned respect.  they probably got involved with daytop, thinking that thye would make a difference or something.

Paul

PS   DJ, you are the "former dapytop employee" poster?

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 01:38:15 PM »
Quote from: "Paul St. John"
But it's weird, how in a place like that, those good things are like quiet whispering that occasionally rise... like single solitary flowers in a field of weeds.  They are not in place to mean all that they can mean.
So true. Genuine gestures of human warmth were rare there. (This is not to be confused with the “hug it out” for the repentant haircut recipient or with the shaking huddle of love bombing that followed some twisted wreckage of “breakthrough” revelations and confessions in group.)Authentic expressions of respect and kindness were tentative to the point of secretive in that atmosphere.

I also like that you gave props to the teachers and that they were there to give props to you. I do remember that at the Daycare setting school wasn’t even set up for the first couple of months and when they arrived (teachers) it was very ad hoc. I don’t remember any kind of school in the thirty day center. Mostly we smoked and played cards in between groups and cleaning and groups and cleaning and smoking and cards and group. In Millbrook I can remember walking to the little red school house. (The walk was my favorite part of the day because the property was beautiful and I could pretend I wasn’t where I was while sometimes catching a glimpse of rabbits and occasionally non-confrontational eye contact with a deer ), but I don’t remember anything other than like a quick snap shot of the interior. I don’t remember any teachers or schooling from Fox Run other than the “Horticulture” class that was really just us getting graded for making a potato clock and doing the landscaping on the new facility. It’s how I located the embankment. Anyway, the teachers and schooling were looked upon as an afterthought to the program. I can appreciate any of them who might have tried to do their jobs there. It surely had to be difficult circumstances to work around.

Quote from: "Paul St. John"
PS   DJ, you are the "former dapytop employee" poster?
?
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 07:58:51 AM »
PS DJ, you are the "former dapytop employee" poster?

Nope, not me.  But nothing said so far goes against what I have seen and heard first hand.  Daytop is a really messed up place where the inmates run the asylum quite literally.  None of the people in authority have no education or degrees.  They're just former Daytop clients.  I can see how this would kill the business (not to mention the current clients).
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 05:09:38 PM »
I worked there in education until we were all laid off. I still have contact with some of my former colleagues.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 11:51:47 PM »
2fde
What type of facility did you work in?
When you mentioned having worked there in education, does that mean you were a teacher?
What were the population levels like compared to when you first started?
What are your thoughts on Daytop’s program?
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis