Author Topic: Aspen - failure again  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Aspen - failure again
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 02:51:46 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Ursus"
This guy also did a book about battered women didnt he.  I thought I read that somewhere.
Perhaps you are referring to this part, quoted from your own post:

David L. Marcus has been a foreign correspondent and education reporter for U.S. News & World Report, the Boston Globe, Miami Herald, and Dallas Morning News, where he shared a Pulitzer Prize for a series of articles on violence against women around the world.[/list]

Yes!  I knew he worked against violence against women.

Uh, no, not at all.  He WROTE ABOUT IT.  He did not "work against" it.  He exploited its existence for a series of stories.  You need a reading comprehension class.

But let's not let that distract from the disturbing 100% failure rate and 25% death rate Marcus uncovered at ASR, an Aspen program.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
    The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
    **********************************************************************************************************
    "Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 03:47:37 PM »
    Quote from: "oingo boingo"
    Yeah, too bad he promotes violence against children.
    The common element of violence struck me as well. I would have chalked it up to a gravitation towards exploitative subject matter which always tends to generate high press copy, but perhaps Marcus does have a deep dark secret buried back in his youthful years...

Many writers are motivated by things that occurred in their past.  It is very possible that he grew up in the midst of violence himself and therefore is gravitated towards it as a writer.  That and the struggles that adolescents have with his books on the struggling teen industry and another about kids getting into college I believe.
    It is interesting that his Pulitzer prize came from his writings about violence against women.  I thought it would have been more war time related.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 04:57:41 PM »
    This guy also did a book about battered women didnt he.  I thought I read that somewhere.

David L. Marcus has been a foreign correspondent and education reporter for U.S. News & World Report, the Boston Globe, Miami Herald, and Dallas Morning News, where he shared a Pulitzer Prize for a series of articles on violence against women around the world.[/list]

Uh, no, not at all.  He WROTE ABOUT IT.  He did not "work against" it.  He exploited its existence for a series of stories.  You need a reading comprehension class.

But let's not let that distract from the disturbing 100% failure rate and 25% death rate Marcus uncovered at ASR, an Aspen program.

Yeah, you can't accept only part of the facts.  If you are going to look at these kids' lives, you have to look at the other side of it as well.  On one hand ASR claims lots of success, but the only "documentary" about the place (Marcus' book) reveals it's actually a huge failure.
      The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
      "Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
      « Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 07:18:43 PM »

Yeah, you can't accept only part of the facts.  If you are going to look at these kids' lives, you have to look at the other side of it as well.  On one hand ASR claims lots of success, but the only "documentary" about the place (Marcus' book) reveals it's actually a huge failure.

ooops,forgot the link:
        Here check this guy out, you'll see what I mean:

DaveMarcus

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
        « Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »

ooops,forgot the link:
          Here check this guy out, you'll see what I mean:

DaveMarcus

And remember that Marcus is a paid consultant to ASR, which would blow any shred of objectivity out of the fucking water.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
          « Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »
          The above post was mine,  here is the link to the bed of lies I was talking about.  Check it out yourself:

Dave Marcus' Book

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
          « Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 08:08:11 PM »
          The above post was mine,

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
          « Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »
          Quote from: "iao;nori"
          The above post was mine,

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry, you are right.  I meant to say he wrote 2 books and received a Pulitzer Prize for his writings on battered Women.

Here check it out for yourself:

Dave Marcus' Blog

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
          « Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 08:20:53 PM »
          And remember that Marcus is a paid consultant to ASR, which would blow any shred of objectivity out of the fucking water.

The above post was mine,

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
          « Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »

The above post was mine,

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
          « Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 08:38:30 PM »
          What are you, 12?  Gotta get the last word....... make sure your site is linked to the post????????

Jeeeeeezus friggin christ!!!!   This guy's kid DIED!!!!  Whether you believe it was drug related, program related or BOTH or NEITHER....how could any feeling human being even CONSIDER using their child's death as propaganda and promotion for their business?????  Just when I think this "industry" can't sink any lower.  Wow.

:jawdrop:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
          « Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 09:36:07 PM »
          Quote from: "86jyhu8b5t"
          What are you, 12?  Gotta get the last word....... make sure your Site is linked to the post????????

Jeeeeeezus friggin christ!!!!   This guy's kid DIED!!!!  Whether you believe it was drug related, program related or BOTH or NEITHER....how could any feeling human being even CONSIDER using their child's death as propaganda and promotion for their business?????  Just when I think this "industry" can't sink any lower.  Wow.

:jawdrop:

I think it is working now.  I clicked on it and it takes you to the book site.  As far as his kid dying, I didnt read that.  I wasnt aware that Marcus had kids.  Atleast he didnt talk about it in the book.

He wrote a few other books though.
          check out his site:

Dave Marcus' Blog

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
          « Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 11:45:06 PM »
          I think it is working now. I clicked on it and it takes you to the book site.
          Gotta wonder if Whooter is being paid $25 every time someone clicks that link and gets referred to Dave Marcus's site.

Or would that fee be based on an "insertion rate?" I know that on the low end of the scale, the going rate is at least a couple hundred to sneak mention of someone's product, complete with link, into the text of a blog. A lot depends on the desirability and "heat" of the blog in question. Since fornits is not a "blog" per se, that price might be less. However, given that its pertinence to parents considering program placement for their kids is high, that price might be higher.

What is the going insertion rate for fornits?

"Sowing goodwill towards the industry." Gotta love that viral marketing.  :twofinger:

Come to think of it, he's been posting a lot of links to Ellen Behren's "study" as well.
          -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
          « Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 06:10:11 AM »

Back to the facts:  the Marcus 'sample' had a 100% failure rate and a 25% death rate.  No way around this proven fact.
            The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
            « Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 07:56:22 AM »

Back to the facts:  the Marcus 'sample' had a 100% failure rate and a 25% death rate.  No way around this proven fact. See for yourself:
               Dave Marcus' Blog