Author Topic: Monarch School ATTENTION  (Read 15105 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Monarch School ATTENTION
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »
I believe that more attention needs to be brought to the Monarch School. I would like to bring attention to the abuses kids have suffered at Monarch School. I remember Timothy Earle grabbing me on the shoulder before graduating and looking at me and saying "Remember whatever you do, NEVER mention what happens in the insights or group workshops. Unless talking to someone who has completed the program.Otherwise you will be out of agreement." Well it took me a good tormented year before talking about Monarch School with friends and family. And it was very difficult at first. But after talking to therapists and close friends I felt more comfortable talking about my experiences there. I would like to open this forum for people to expose what happened at the Monarch school.

One of my worst experiences at the Monarch School was when Curtis Foster pushed my head to my knees with one hand while pushing up into the center of my stomach with the other hand. Yelling at me with all his might telling me to "let it all out." "I know its in there YOU TELL YOURSELF YOUR MESSED UP. YOU TELL YOURSELF YOUR WORTHLESS. YOU TELL YOURSELF YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE!" then he would whisper very softly "It's ok I know its in there just yell, just give it a voice, GIVE YOUR LITTLE KID A VOICE!"He constantly applied pressure to my body until I gave in and began to yell. I remember feeling the physical pain for a couple of days.
Every time I saw Curtis he would apply pressure and pinch my shoulder. Just so I would know who the boss was.

I would also constantly witness Sarah Loseman (sp?) touching "smushing" with other students in a very inappropriate way. Kids as young as 15. She would have them wrapped up so her breast were touching the student. Or I would notice her head lying in the groan area of a young male without a pillow (which was suppose to be required while "smushing" at the Monarch School).

I do not know what it is. These brainwash group therapy and insights seem to be so against being promiscuous. However, weird sexual tensions seem to constantly occur between staff and student. It always really creep me out.
I could go on for awhile about my experience but I am really curious to hear other peoples. Please post.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Monarch School ATTENTION
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 02:00:59 AM »
I have added this thread to our datasheet over Monarch School.

However when I look at the datasheet, I believe that it could need some expansion.

What about info about living conditions, the so-called schooling, possible level system, description of the types the punishments used by the program?`

You can put it in this thread and then I will add the text to the datasheet with references here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 09:00:29 AM »
Quote from: "irek"
I believe that more attention needs to be brought to the Monarch School. I would like to bring attention to the abuses kids have suffered at Monarch School. I remember Timothy Earle grabbing me on the shoulder before graduating and looking at me and saying "Remember whatever you do, NEVER mention what happens in the insights or group workshops. Unless talking to someone who has completed the program.Otherwise you will be out of agreement." Well it took me a good tormented year before talking about Monarch School with friends and family. And it was very difficult at first. But after talking to therapists and close friends I felt more comfortable talking about my experiences there. I would like to open this forum for people to expose what happened at the Monarch school.

One of my worst experiences at the Monarch School was when Curtis Foster pushed my head to my knees with one hand while pushing up into the center of my stomach with the other hand. Yelling at me with all his might telling me to "let it all out." "I know its in there YOU TELL YOURSELF YOUR MESSED UP. YOU TELL YOURSELF YOUR WORTHLESS. YOU TELL YOURSELF YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE!" then he would whisper very softly "It's ok I know its in there just yell, just give it a voice, GIVE YOUR LITTLE KID A VOICE!"He constantly applied pressure to my body until I gave in and began to yell. I remember feeling the physical pain for a couple of days.
Every time I saw Curtis he would apply pressure and pinch my shoulder. Just so I would know who the boss was.

I would also constantly witness Sarah Loseman (sp?) touching "smushing" with other students in a very inappropriate way. Kids as young as 15. She would have them wrapped up so her breast were touching the student. Or I would notice her head lying in the groan area of a young male without a pillow (which was suppose to be required while "smushing" at the Monarch School).

I do not know what it is. These brainwash group therapy and insights seem to be so against being promiscuous. However, weird sexual tensions seem to constantly occur between staff and student. It always really creep me out.
I could go on for awhile about my experience but I am really curious to hear other peoples. Please post.

I understand WHY this is upsetting. Most Graduates do NOT remember or want to remember the freakishness and pressure in having achieve emotional catharsis in front of peers and staff- on demand.  The lengths that the staff will go to make their point is clear: the ends justify the means.
Ironically, Dan Earle, Tim's father used to give me a pinch or a small kick whenever he saw me, too. While I think he's creepy, I never disliked him for any reason, until I found out more later about his pervy actions in Idaho.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Curtis Foster
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:31:52 AM »
One of my worst experiences at the Monarch  School was when Curtis Foster pushed my head to my knees with one hand while pushing up into the center of my stomach with the other hand. Yelling at me with all his might telling me to "let it all out." "I know its in there YOU TELL YOURSELF YOUR MESSED UP. YOU TELL YOURSELF YOUR WORTHLESS. YOU TELL YOURSELF YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE!" then he would whisper very softly "It's ok I know its in there just yell, just give it a voice, GIVE YOUR LITTLE KID A VOICE!"He constantly applied pressure to my body until I gave in and began to yell. I remember feeling the physical pain for a couple of days.
Here's his brief bio from Monarch School's website:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Curtis Foster - Life Skills Manager

Curtis earned his bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Central State University in Edmond, Oklahoma. By the time he completed his degree he had already worked nine years in the mental health field. He started working with teenagers in 1981 at a Psychiatric hospital in Oklahoma City and from there moved into residential treatment at a small RTC in OKC 2 years later. He remained with this program for 14 years in various capacities ranging from Team Leader to Center Supervisor to ROPES Course Manager. In this last role he learned a great deal about experiential education and brought that knowledge with him to the Inland Northwest in 1997.

Curtis moved to North Idaho in 1997 and began a new chapter of his life working in therapeutic boarding schools. Working for various schools Curtis continued to expand his education and knowledge base before coming to Monarch in October of 2004 where he was a Peer Leader for two groups before becoming a Life Skills Manager this year.

Curtis brings years of experience as well as an enthusiasm for working with young people. He loves the outdoors and hard work. A devoted husband and father of three teens of his own, Curtis is happiest surrounded by youth.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
Re: Curtis Foster
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Curtis is happiest surrounded by youth.

...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Curtis Foster
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
Curtis is happiest surrounded by youth.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

*I* did NOT write that! Why do you think I went to the trouble of stating it was from Monarch's website and putting a friggin' separator bar between their words and mine?!! Lol...

Seriously, the fruitiness comes through even in the bios from this place. From reading up, I've determined that a "Life Skills Manager" is a rung higher up the cult ladder than a "Peer Leader." Who would've known?   :eek:

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »
Ursus, that was my point- that Monarch practically advertises him as being a pedo. (I'll remember to change the "-name- wrote" part next time, promise..)

I don't even have any words for the sick shit that the OP reported other than "somebody needs to go there and forcibly empty the place, preferably the FBI".
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 03:59:41 PM »
Nah, If you read what many of the graduates say about the place it was a real help to them.  You are going to get negativity from just about any school if you search hard enough.  Not every kid appreciates or views their experience the same way.  You cant judge the place based on one persons experience.

I think the key is to do a better job screening the kids prior to placement to insure they will have a positive experience.  This would reduce the number of kids who do not do well or will not apply themselves.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Sarah Loseman
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »

And here's her brief bio from Monarch School's website; yet another "Life Skills Manager," fwiw:

Sarah Loseman - Life Skill Manager

Sarah Loseman has been working at Monarch School for 4 ½ years. She got her Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Truman State University in Kirksville, MO. She then moved to Texas, where she worked for two years at an Outdoor Education Center with fifth graders. She has spent many summers working at camps leading wilderness trips and enjoying the outdoors.

Sarah got her Master's degree in Counseling at Stephan F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, TX. While working on her Master's degree, she did an internship at a wilderness program in Lufkin, TX and then at a residential program in Utah. While in Utah, she worked as a recreational therapist, equine therapist and worked with a group of 9 girls. She came to Monarch months after graduating and worked as a peer group leader for 4 years. Sarah is now a Life Skills Manager and will be working with the upper school. She has graduated two peer groups (Tamarack Horizon and Midnight Juniper) and is now working with her third group, Luminous Sapphire.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »
Its great to see master leveled employees at these places.  As you skim through the staff it becomes obvious that these programs are shifting to hiring more experienced and better educated people.  Even the cook is college educated!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Its great to see master leveled employees at these places.  As you skim through the staff it becomes obvious that these programs are shifting to hiring more experienced and better educated people.  Even the cook is college educated!
You said it! Some of these educated people have their common sense "schooled" right out of them! Why stay in touch with reality when you can create your own universe! What's right and what's wrong are just all so relative, eh?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 01:05:11 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
You said it! Some of these educated people have their common sense "schooled" right out of them! Why stay in touch with reality when you can create your own universe! What's right and what's wrong are just all so relative, eh?

First of all, Ursus,  This woman has not been charged or convicted of anything, nor has there been any formal complaints.   We cant judge her based on an anonymous post.  I think you would agree there.   If you have read here on fornits for any length of time (which I know you have) you would know that many here purposefully try to damage staffs reputations….i.e. calling them Pedos because their bio says they enjoy working with children etc..  Would you want people who didn’t like working with children there? Lol

Secondly one of the biggest argument against programs has been that the staff isn’t trained, isn’t educated enough.  Many say they should be masters’ level.  Now that the programs are hiring Masters leveled employees we should at least recognize it.  Or are you now saying that education isn’t that important as long as they hire employees with common sense.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:12:57 PM by Joel »

Offline workassignmentz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 02:27:43 PM »
I happened to be in Sarah Loseman's peer group and had Curtis Foster seek me out over other kids to bully. He always wanted to let kids know who was boss. I remember being grasped on the neck many times by Mr. Foster. He was always talking about how he was a family man and how he loved his wife, (who later came to work as the person who approved incoming clothing for the students) and children and would always let people know how "sensitive" he was. Since I was there for about 15 months I was constantly around him and may not be the best judge about his character but he's definitely NOT a pedophile. He would always talk about his old jobs and how violent everyone was with kids. I also know from his life story (everyone was required to constantly tell their life story, at least once per week, staff included somewhat) that he has problems with being violent. During 'Insights' known as workshops in most other schools Curtis would often be the main staff facilitating and when it came to physical or emotional boundaries there were none. In one particular workshop staff would force kids on their hands and knees while having 4 other students push down on their back too and yell at them "THIS IS ALL OF THE PRESSURE FROM YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, ARE YOU GOING TO CHOOSE TRUTH OR DEATH?" that was a big thing in that workshop, they would tell you that life was black and white, that living in gray areas would lead back to our negative behaviors and then they would polarize "truth" and "death" as if there was no other way to get through the insight without being fully honest and forward, forcing kids (who have been up screaming and hitting pillows for the past 12 hours with little to no sleep) to come out and confess everything that they have done wrong and every rule they had broken.
Now Sarah Loseman, She was my peer group leader until I got broken down and told confessed to all of the rules I had broken. which was enough to have me dropped not just one peer group but two, extending my stay to 26 months, potentially the longest stay of anyone at monarch. She called me into the staff office after telling me this awful news and proceeded to call my parents in front of me and explain why this was best for me and my therapy. they had the parents wrapped around their finger, before every parent campus visit the staff including the headmaster Tim Earle and owner Patrick McKenna (stambursky [sp?]) would groom the parents into not believing all of the horrible stories we would tell them about group and the staff members screaming at us and forcing us to do arbitrary hard work like pulling stumps out of the ground. It was all part of our therapy and it was all part of Monarch School: Education for Life.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 04:15:48 AM »
Anybody ever have the nutsack to say "I choose death, kill me now"?