Author Topic: Newton trying to skirt the law AGAIN  (Read 10062 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Newton trying to skirt the law AGAIN
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »
Quote from: "hp"
I've been thinking a lot about that girl that was at the retreat when I was there.  If she has turned away from Newton, what he did to her (specifically as a priest or while at the retreat for defrocking purposes) could be very powerful as far as shutting Newton down.  I also can't help but think that he's created a mini program like that for others, and may still do that.  Did I read in this thread that he rents out that space now?  Who are the tenants?  

Don't know....just heard from the neighbors that he is indeed renting out space on the property.  

I wonder if any are undergoing a mini Newton program.  With that particular girl, I wonder if her family paid him to do that?  Or maybe that he is 'counseling' the current tenants and making money off of the rent?  I have always wondered, what does he gain from doing this?  Is is strictly monetary?

He gets off on being the "guru".  He NEEDS to be adored and have followers who hold him up on a pedestal as the "father" that can do no wrong.  That's really it.  He's a malignant narcissist.

I am very interested in doing anything to stop this sort of activity, family rejection or not.  As always, I am unsure of the next steps that need to be taken.

I'm sorry about the family rejection.  I'm right there with you...my dad and I don't speak.  Unfortunately, this seems to be one of the major outcomes of being Newtonized.  Families are shredded to pieces.  hang in there and check your PMs.
 :peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »
One woman at the hearing, a Newton zombie, stated that she lives on the property.

She probably fucks German Shepherds with Ruthie in lieu of paying rent.......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2009, 03:32:44 PM »
Quote from: "RG"
He's used that "church" for drug treatment referalls/assessments to a program that was directly related to straight inc. It has been known for some time, however, since that particular program is closed, there is most likely another one that is being used in this regard. (AARC, Teen Challenge etc...). Current Newton followers come from the KIDS era as well. As always, anything you can do to help investigate and expose this activity would be greatly appreciated.  :nods:

I've been thinking a lot about that girl that was at the retreat when I was there.  If she has turned away from Newton, what he did to her (specifically as a priest or while at the retreat for defrocking purposes) could be very powerful as far as shutting Newton down.  I also can't help but think that he's created a mini program like that for others, and may still do that.  Did I read in this thread that he rents out that space now?  Who are the tenants?  I wonder if any are undergoing a mini Newton program.  With that particular girl, I wonder if her family paid him to do that?  Or maybe that he is 'counseling' the current tenants and making money off of the rent?  I have always wondered, what does he gain from doing this?  Is is strictly monetary?  I am very interested in doing anything to stop this sort of activity, family rejection or not.  As always, I am unsure of the next steps that need to be taken.

I'm sure he is "counseling" people---but since he's wearing his priest costume, rather than his "Doctor of Anthro Psych" costume, he thinks he can get away with defying the state order that he can't counsel unless under someone else's supervision....the whole separation of Church and State thing.  If it can be proven that he is disregarding the order, it could be another nail in his career's (as a child abuser and general psychotic, no-good shit) coffin......

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2009, 12:23:21 PM »
From what I understand what he's doing amounts to an intake, but for an entire weekend.  And he's using the same fucking tactics....."I can tell by your eyes that you've done a lot of coke in the last week.  You have no rights.  You need to "get honest"...."  and on and on.  Then the kid gets shipped off the the current incarnation of Straight.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2009, 12:10:56 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I'm sure he is "counseling" people---but since he's wearing his priest costume, rather than his "Doctor of Anthro Psych" costume, he thinks he can get away with defying the state order that he can't counsel unless under someone else's supervision....the whole separation of Church and State thing.  If it can be proven that he is disregarding the order, it could be another nail in his career's (as a child abuser and general psychotic, no-good shit) coffin......

Does anyone know where I could find this order, or any information about his court cases?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2009, 12:22:56 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Does anyone know where I could find this order, or any information about his court cases?

I saw references to it on Wes Fager's site, thestraights.com, but I don't know where.  The order came after Newton had been dismissed from St. Petersburg College, when he was "counseling" (setting up for abuse) teens at his "church" (brainwashing indoctrination center/tax dodge).  I'm sure that some of the other contributors to this thread could help with the details and/or location...........

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »
Found an old St. Pete Times article on it on ISAC....

http://www.isaccorp.org/straight/NewtonCollection.pdf

Ex-Straight Leader Files to Helps Kids
By Curtis Krueger

Originally published in the St. Petersburg Times, August 24, 1999

ST. PETERSBURG - The once controversial counselor, however, says he's not interested
in working with a substance abuse program again. Miller Newton, who once helped lead
the highly controversial drug treatment program Straight Inc., applied earlier this year for
the right to provide substance abuse counseling to youths referred by Pinellas County's
Juvenile Assessment Center. But Newton, a psychologist who also came under fire for
his work at a center he managed in New Jersey, said Monday that he has no intention of
getting back into substance abuse treatment of teenagers. "I'm not involved in any highprofile,
controversial kind of work anymore," Newton said. "I'm 61 years old next week,
and I'm living a little quieter kind of life. I'm not really interested in directing a program
or doing anything like that any more." In the early 1980s, Newton served as national
clinical director and in other posts for the St. Petersburg-based Straight Inc., which was
repeatedly criticized and sued by former clients for alleged psychological and physical
harassment.

He left the center in 1983 and later became president of Kids of North Jersey, which
provided mental health services for youths. This agency was involved in controversies
similar to the criticisms leveled at Straight.

A report filed earlier this year by New Jersey Assistant Attorney General Barbara Pryor
Waugh said that in the Kids program youths often were prevented from contacting their
parents; clients were restrained without proper authorization; clients were restrained by
other clients; and staffing was insufficient.

The New Jersey program paid $45,000 to the federal government in 1996 to settle a claim
that Newton and the program improperly submitted 254 insurance claims. The program
and Newton denied any wrongdoing. The Kids program closed last year.

Newton said he is working locally as a psychologist and worked briefly with another
psychologist, Roma Schiefer, who has an office in Seminole.

Newton said he did not recall sending an application for referrals for substance abuse
counseling in January to the Juvenile Assessment Center, which is where juveniles are
evaluated after being picked up by police in Pinellas County.

But he said he could have because the office he worked with was sending out several
such letters to build up clients. An advisory board to the Juvenile Assessment Center
reviewed his application and decided in June to table it until board members could learn
more about Newton's work since his days with Straight. The state Department of
Children and Families sent Newton a letter this month saying he "cannot continue to
operate without a (substance abuse) license," or without proving that he is exempt from
needing one. But Miller said he is not working as a substance abuse counselor. He said he
is properly licensed as a psychologist. He said he works primarily in the area of
neuropsychological assessments and is not doing any ongoing treatment of clients, except
to finish with a few people he worked with at Schiefer's practice. He has otherwise quit
Schiefer's practice, but she said the parting was a business decision and not based on any
concern over his treatment methods.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
call Newton @ 727-392-3437
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2009, 02:02:49 PM »
Have you called Miller Newton today to express your disgust that he is still alive?

Seriously, this asshole is STILL, after all these years, continuing to fuck up the lives of children. Now it's the kids of his "followers" that are being victimized. You see, there are individuals who are still brainwashed, who still regard him as some kind of guru with the final word on Life and how to live it. Those sad excuses for human beings now have children of their own who they raise according to the will and whim of "Dr.""Dr." Rev. Virgil Miller"Frather Cassian" Newton. The destruction this evil man has wrought on countless lives, many, if not most, of whom are children, is continuing to this day in the form of "counseling" sessions and "parenting advice". If for no other reason than to potentially disrupt his schedule of fucking up the minds of the young and exploiting the stupidity and/or brainwashed condition of his followers, you shouod call him and let him know that you have not forgotten his abusive acts and criminal antics. He is a child abuser, a liar, a con man, a swindler, and an all-around asshole. We must continue to remind him that we have neither forgiven nor forgotten the crimes that he has committed and continues to commit. Every second he spends on the phone hearing us tell him about himself is a second that he is not harming the psyche of an innocent child. Miller Newton and his truly disgusting philosophy, which I refer to as "Newtonism", are cancers on the body and mind of humanity. Newton and Newtonism must go. Too bad we can't burn him at the stake on live TV as a warning to other would-be Newtons......but we can call him at his home or office, 727-392-3437, and let him know that we are keeping an eye on him, doing what we can to contain the spread of his sick philosophy and dangerous, criminal activities. He has destroyed many lives and poisoned many young minds, and unfortunately, the damage he does is contagious. There are many who have never met the monster in person who are still being adversely affected by his crimes---the children, siblings, families and friends of those who were exposed to his madness and evil are often the ones who suffer as severely as those who were directly damaged by his antics. From the induced neurosis of his firsthand victims to the psychological scars borne by their children and families, the destruction brought about by adherence to his insane, demented philosophy continues, bringing only pain and suffering in its wake. Call Miller Newton today, at 727-392-3437 and tell him that you have not forgotten his crimes, and demand restitiution from him. If nothing else, you are helping to ensure that he is reminded of his crimes. Don't give him a moment's rest from the righteous anger of his victims.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2009, 08:28:43 AM »
O Man!  thanks Woof.  I'm well amused by your work.  Dial up is so slow though  :smashcomp: , I'm just now downloading the "Miller makes his case" clip.    :D   :cheers:
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.