Author Topic: Newton trying to skirt the law AGAIN  (Read 9963 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Newton trying to skirt the law AGAIN
« on: October 15, 2009, 02:02:39 PM »
I'll be at the hearing again.  Anyone else wants to go, contact me.

http://http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/request-to-add-cupola-evokes-madeira-beach-dispute-of-2005/1036442

Request to add cupola evokes Madeira Beach dispute of 2005

By Sheila Mullane Estrada, Times Correspondent
In Print: Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MADEIRA BEACH — After a contentious neighborhood zoning dispute in 2005, a small cupola topped by a cross was taken down and stored away.

Now four years later, Father Cassian Newton, formerly known as Miller Newton, wants the city to let him put the cupola back on the chapel roof of his Christ at the Sea Foundation religious retreat.

The converted home at 13280 Fourth St. E and the foundation-owned duplex next door operate as a temporary residence and prayer center for members of the Orthodox Church of Antioch. Currently, seven people are living at the religious complex.

The cupola in question was the trigger for a zoning dispute in 2005. Neighbors circulated a petition demanding the cupola be removed and that the property owners not be allowed to operate a church at the site.

The zoning controversy was further complicated when former clients of the Straight Inc. drug treatment program crowded city zoning hearings to protest Newton's involvement with the program.

The controversy ended after Newton successfully sought a special exception to continue operating the religious retreat.

But, as part of then-Special Master Herbert E. Langford's ruling, Newton was ordered to remove the 51-inch cupola and 38-inch cross from the chapel.

The order allowed the foundation to keep three other long-standing crosses and a sign, but specified that "no additional signs nor symbols of any type shall be added to the property's exterior."

Langford also ruled that "by all outward appearances, the property is residential to maintain its compatibility with the neighborhood and character of the area."

Last month, City Attorney Michael Connolly said reinstalling the "cupola with a cross is not consistent" with Langford's June 2005 ruling.

Newton said Tuesday he has informed his immediate neighbors of the foundation's intent to reinstall the cupola on the chapel roof.

"I don't think we will have the same problems. We had a lot of neighbors apologizing to us for being misled into signing the petition," Newton said.

He said the cross and cupola have been in the garage too long.

"The cupola was a donation from one of our supporters and his feelings were hurt when we had to take it down. We are trying to correct that," Newton said.

The cupola would be placed on the rear of the chapel roof, about 15 feet farther back from its original location. Newton's application points to five similar cupolas in the area, including one that has a cross.

Paula Cohen, the city's planning and zoning director, said Newton's request requires a special exception and cannot be approved unless first reviewed by the city's Planning Commission and subsequently agreed to by the city's current special master, James Denhardt.

The Planning Commission is scheduled to meet on Oct. 12.

Newton's request could be heard at the following special master hearing on Oct. 26, according to Cohen.

[Last modified: Sep 15, 2009 04:29 PM]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Newton trying to skirt the law AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »
You think he's gonna show up in the straight mobile? also.... take pics  of the show please.

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 06:29:02 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
I'll be at the hearing again.  Anyone else wants to go, contact me.
 Consider yourself contacted  :bs:

Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
"The cupola was a donation from one of our supporters and his feelings were hurt when we had to take it down. We are trying to correct that," Newton said.
What of the hudreds, if not thousands of others (us) "feelings were hurt"...why not make amends to us as he does is donatee?  :bs:

Call to Arms! Call to Arms! Call to Arms!
Man your battle stations! Man your battle stations! Man your battle stations!
Warning! Warning! Warning!
Red Alert! Red Alert! Red Alert!
This is NOT a drill! Repeat, This is NOT a drill!

:soapbox:  :twofinger:  :soapbox:  :flame:  :soapbox:  :moon:  :soapbox:  ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::  :soapbox:

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"...Jesus Christ, Sermon on the Mount...Perhaps best said in 2112 [ I. Overture ] Rush

"And blessed are the cheese makers...what's so special about the cheesemakers? ...obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products" Life of Brian, Monty Python

(cupola, not sure what that is....Fransis Ford Cupola  :notworthy: ...cupola old friends  :-* ...cupola cold ones  :cheers: ...cupola phatties  :rasta: ?)

I think the smilies illustrate my emotions! The satarical, sarcasim and blatant plagerisim...well, that just makes me smile.(now I feel better)

October 26 according to Cohen is the date....Mark your Calendars and keep your powder dry! I am gonna go pre-wrap a few party favors....ahem  :seg2:

Much Peace (with an effort at comic relief  :seg: )
Much Healing  (staring into the eyes of evil  :poison: )
Woof

OBTW...Have HD Camera will travel, also have 300lb psychotic friend as an assistant camera man. Anne, he is the friend I wrote to you about...CRAZY, certified with paperwork and everything...Crazy, but lovable (maybe)...Even if police arrrest him, he goes to a psych ward for 72 hours, will never set foot in a jail. And he is cheap, works for 4.20 an hour...but I should be responcible for his transportation to the hearing. And would be best if we met a lil bit before the hearing, so he can distinquish whose who first...in the event shit goes south.
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 12:16:55 PM »
Maybe we could all wear priest costumes........it'll be close to Halloween, y'know.   Ann could wear a Dorothy Hamill wig, in homage to the lovely Ruth Ann..........

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it down there for this.........I wanna see those shitbags squirm.   Plus, I welcome the chance to openly mock and ridicule Virgil, Ruthie, and any of his zombies that attend.

Hey Virgil, that trespassing warrant only applies to your church and home, you can't keep me away from a public hearing.  Look for me there---I'll be the one shooting half a peace sign at you.

All kidding aside, it's not only great fun to see Virgil and Ruthie get frustrated, but it also lets everyone know that Virgil is a child-abusing criminal, and that his victims have not forgotten his crimes against them.

By the way, maybe someone should call Virgil @ 727-392-3437 (call several times, preferably late at night) and let him know we'll be seeing him.............
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 11:57:25 PM »
Quote from: "RTP2003"
Maybe we could all wear priest costumes........it'll be close to Halloween, y'know.   Ann could wear a Dorothy Hamill wig, in homage to the lovely Ruth Ann..........

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it down there for this.........I wanna see those shitbags squirm.   Plus, I welcome the chance to openly mock and ridicule Virgil, Ruthie, and any of his zombies that attend.

Hey Virgil, that trespassing warrant only applies to your church and home, you can't keep me away from a public hearing.  Look for me there---I'll be the one shooting half a peace sign at you.

All kidding aside, it's not only great fun to see Virgil and Ruthie get frustrated, but it also lets everyone know that Virgil is a child-abusing criminal, and that his victims have not forgotten his crimes against them.

By the way, maybe someone should call Virgil @ 727-392-3437 (call several times, preferably late at night) and let him know we'll be seeing him.............

Oh god.. if you do that.. fuck the pictures... get footage for youtube.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
I'm up for dinner/drinks before and/or after.  I'm also up for the costumes!!!!  That would be GREAT!!!!  

Anyone who wants to meet up, email me..... [email protected]

Assembly Room, City Hall, 300 Municipal Drive, Madeira Beach, Florida

http://http://www.madeirabeachfl.gov/Pages/MadeiraBeachFL_SMAgendas/09-10-26%20SM-VAR%20agd%202.pdf

7:00 P.M. MONDAY - OCTOBER 26, 2009 ASSEMBLY ROOM

I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
II. ROLL CALL
III. NEW BUSINESS
Application 09.04 Special Exception Use
Property Owner: Christ at the Sea Foundation, Inc.
13253 Boca Ciega Avenue
Madeira Beach, FL 33708

Property Address:
Legal Description:
Parcel #:
13280 - 4th Street East, Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Page’s Replat of Mitchell’s Beach Block J, Lots 12 and 13
15/31/15/65304/010/0120
Request: To modify Section 17 of the Special Exception Use Application No. 04.50
granted February 7, 2005, modified June 3, 2005 and again modified on
November 20, 2008.
Specifically, the applicant is seeking to change the outward appearance to
permit the installation of a 51 inch x 45 inch decorative cupola with a 1 inch
by 2 inch by 38 inch ornamental cross on the roof. The placement would be
3.5 feet to 4 feet from the rear (west end) of the private chapel.
Notification: 47 property owners were notified.

Anyone know anything new about the bankruptcy fraud charges???

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
I don't know much about this topic, but if it means I can get a good look at your lovely, round, luscious booty, or maybe get a nice handful of it, I'd go for sure.  Why don't you post that pic for us again, love?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 12:42:50 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I don't know much about this topic, but if it means I can get a good look at your lovely, round, luscious booty, or maybe get a nice handful of it, I'd go for sure.  Why don't you post that pic for us again, love?

Aww, thanks!   It's floating around here somewhere.  

I'd love to dress up as Ruthie, have the thong on under the costume and then moon/flash 'em on the way out.  Don't want to do it before and get removed.  Somebody help bail me out if I get arrested???  LOL!!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »
Well, the link is there, but the pic isn't (on fornits).  I had to copy the link and paste it in my browser.  But the pic is still there.  Damn.  Perfect ass, slightly upturned, thong revealing smooth cheeks, but hiding the honeypot (barely).  This is spank-tacular.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 02:38:40 PM »
Now I have to log in just to gratify myself to your picture?  You gotta do what you gotta do I guess.  Any frontals available?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 05:55:29 PM »
Is it possible to watch the Madeira Beach cable channel over the net? I would like to see this meeting but I'm out of state. I just googled this link:

http://www.channelchooser.com/tv/watch/ ... each/4812/

According to the earlier link in this thread by Anne Bonney,: http://www.madeirabeachfl.gov/Pages/Mad ... gd%202.pdf - I went in there and they said it would be broadcast live...

hmmmm, sounds like a plan.......    :shamrock:

Ken

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 06:00:35 PM »
Quote from: "ramprato"
Is it possible to watch the Madeira Beach cable channel over the net? I would like to see this meeting but I'm out of state. I just googled this link:

According to the earlier link in this thread by Anne Bonney,: http://www.madeirabeachfl.gov/Pages/Mad ... gd%202.pdf - I went in there and they said it would be broadcast live...

Ken

Great idea!

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "ramprato"

Ken

Great idea!

Just think, LOL, we can hook up that pecker LIVE...coast to coast! :cheers:

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 10:11:21 PM »
This is gonnna be good.