Author Topic: aparently, adults want to go to programs too  (Read 27115 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Re: aparently, adults want to go to programs too
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2010, 12:49:58 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Whooter"
I think as we all read through these posts we should try to separate out the sweat lodge from the person running the sweat lodge.  Sweat lodges themselves can be very therapeutic.  We use to vacation on the Canadian border and would build a Sweat Lodge. We covered it in old blankets after the fire was really hot and filled it with stones. We were all teenagers for the most part and others who were vacationing and also some locals.  We use to smoke and try to solve all the world’s problems. If we got too hot we would jump in the lake and then go back in the lodge. I remember  feeling so good afterwards. We slept like babies.

Looking back the magical effect was probably caused by heat, a lack of oxygen to the brain along with getting high.  

I could see how someone would try to capitalize on that and try to make a buck,  but I think this James Ray guy showed us all that there needs to be some controls placed around places like this.  Its scary how people like him can get so many others to follow his directions like sheep.

Yes, but that's not what we're dealing with here.   A simple sweat lodge without the psycho-babble LGAT bullshit isn't inherently dangerous, provided they have qualified medical help in case of heatstroke or the like.  Just as there is a difference between a traditional boarding school or summer camp and what the TTI does.  Get rid of the mindfuck and traditional boarding schools or regular summer camps aren't systemically harmful.  Amazing!   ::)

Anne, do you really know what is happening at a sweat???  Any idea?????  Please, tell me your not just intellectualizing this whole experience with James Ray against a experience you had over 30 years ago. Is this all you got??
Honestly if you can be fair, you really don't know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

Anne, do you really know what is happening at a sweat???  Any idea?????  Please, tell me your not just intellectualizing this whole experience with James Ray against a experience you had over 30 years ago. Is this all you got??

Yes, Danny.....it's more of that "fancy book lernin'" that you seem to have so much of a problem with and apparently avoid like the plague.

Damn readers!

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   :twofinger:  :twofinger:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
I think as we all read through these posts we should try to separate out the sweat lodge from the person running the sweat lodge.  Sweat lodges themselves can be very therapeutic.  We use to vacation on the Canadian border and would build a Sweat Lodge. We covered it in old blankets after the fire was really hot and filled it with stones. We were all teenagers for the most part and others who were vacationing and also some locals.  We use to smoke and try to solve all the world’s problems. If we got too hot we would jump in the lake and then go back in the lodge. I remember  feeling so good afterwards. We slept like babies.

Looking back the magical effect was probably caused by heat, a lack of oxygen to the brain along with getting high.  

I could see how someone would try to capitalize on that and try to make a buck,  but I think this James Ray guy showed us all that there needs to be some controls placed around places like this.  Its scary how people like him can get so many others to follow his directions like sheep.

Yes, but that's not what we're dealing with here.   A simple sweat lodge without the psycho-babble LGAT bullshit isn't inherently dangerous, provided they have qualified medical help in case of heatstroke or the like.  Just as there is a difference between a traditional boarding school or summer camp and what the TTI does.  Get rid of the mindfuck and traditional boarding schools or regular summer camps aren't systemically harmful.  Amazing!   ::)

That was exactly my point.  We need to separate out the sweat lodge form the people that run it.  There is nothing wrong with the sweat lodge itself.  We use to do it as kids.  Its people that try to make a buck off it that screw it up.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2010, 01:52:35 PM »
Sweat this, dirtbag.

Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Well, there you have it.  TheWho confesses to his deep self-loathing, while under the impression he can blame it on RB.

Quote from: "TheWho"
Quote from: "Guest"
Hmmm, DJ has a point. What if RobertBruce is expressing this sickness of his outside of the internet where he is not just using aliases like TheWho and Little cats. At least if Bruce is contained to forums he cannot really hurt anyone. If Dysfunctions diagnosis is correct Bruce could be a danger to neighborhood children as well as family members.

It sickens me to think that this trolling is all just TheWho's transeference of his own twisted ideations onto RB.  If you read TheWho's posts and understand he's revealing his innermost problems and thoughts it's very disturbing.

It seemed to all come out under TheWho postings.  Somehow I think this was healing for RobertBruce to get this sickness out this way.  But it has continued for years.  Lots of self hatred is evident.

You're a sick freak.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2010, 02:07:25 PM »

That was exactly my point.  We need to separate out the sweat lodge form the people that run it.  There is nothing wrong with the sweat lodge itself.  We use to do it as kids. Its people that try to make a buck off it that screw it up.....

.....by using the psycho-babble LGAT bullshit.  Just like programs.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2010, 02:23:15 PM »
Anne, that was my point. I came home to find out that the guy running the sweat lodge was barely a doctor. It had taken him over thirty years and lots of states to finish his training. Do I want to do a sweat lodge with this guy? HELL NO! I don't trust anything about him anymore!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »

.....by using the psycho-babble LGAT bullshit.  Just like programs.

Even if it isnt psycho-babble LGAT stuff I think that the person running it needs to use a little common sense and allow people to leave and get hydrated or go to the bathroom when needed.  To force them to stay in there for long period of time isnt good.  When we were younger we could stay in there for hours. But now I wouldn't last 20 minutes probably.  So you need to have someone who knows what they are doing and look at each individual differently.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »

Yes, Danny.....it's more of that "fancy book lernin'" that you seem to have so much of a problem with and apparently avoid like the plague.

Damn readers!

Well, then why don't you sit back and learn. Instead of running your mouth about something you have no experience.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2010, 04:45:20 PM »
Sweat this, dirtbag.

Well, there you have it.  TheWho confesses to his deep self-loathing, while under the impression he can blame it on RB.

Quote from: "Guest"
Hmmm, DJ has a point. What if RobertBruce is expressing this sickness of his outside of the internet where he is not just using aliases like TheWho and Little cats. At least if Bruce is contained to forums he cannot really hurt anyone. If Dysfunctions diagnosis is correct Bruce could be a danger to neighborhood children as well as family members.

It sickens me to think that this trolling is all just TheWho's transeference of his own twisted ideations onto RB.  If you read TheWho's posts and understand he's revealing his innermost problems and thoughts it's very disturbing.

It seemed to all come out under TheWho postings.  Somehow I think this was healing for RobertBruce to get this sickness out this way.  But it has continued for years.  Lots of self hatred is evident.

You're a sick freak.

DJ, you don't need to follow Whooter like your a tick on his ass. You are polluting this thread with your fanatical rubbish.
Get off the thread or stay on topic.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »

Damn readers!

Well, then why don't you sit back and learn. Instead of running your mouth about something you have no experience.

Assuming facts not in evidence.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »

Damn readers!

Assuming facts not in evidence.

I am not assuming anything. I have read enough of your posts to know. Please spare me the lawyer talk your not one. "That is a fact presented as evidence".

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2010, 05:01:15 PM »
I am not assuming anything. I have read enough of your posts to know. Please spare me the lawyer talk your not one. "That is a fact presented as evidence".

Poor thing..........Here, maybe you need the definition of what it means to assume:

as·sume
? ?/??sum/ Show Spelled [uh-soom] Show IPA verb, -sumed, -sum·ing.
–verb (used with object)
to take for granted or without proof; suppose; postulate; posit: to assume that everyone wants peace.
to take upon oneself; undertake: to assume an obligation.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2010, 05:17:50 PM »

Poor thing..........Here, maybe you need the definition of what it means to assume:

as·sume
? ?/??sum/ Show Spelled [uh-soom] Show IPA verb, -sumed, -sum·ing.
–verb (used with object)
to take for granted or without proof; suppose; postulate; posit: to assume that everyone wants peace.
to take upon oneself; undertake: to assume an obligation.

Anne, many Straight folk who know you said, "she is a stubborn ignorant fool but don't mind her", I said at that time, "no I will assume she is flexible and understanding. Well as time has passed, I have come to know you post about topics with authority you have very little actual knowledge and when busted concerning your ignorance, you become stubborn and start calling people names.
This is what weknow about you, Anne.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 05:21:23 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2010, 05:20:25 PM »

Anne, many Straight folk who know you said, "she is a stubborn ignorant fool but don't mind her",

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Nice try though.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2010, 05:22:30 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:35:55 PM by Joel »