Author Topic: Ellen Behren's Industry Study Funded by AEG  (Read 34115 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Ellen Behren's Industry Study Funded by AEG
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 08:49:09 AM »
Quote from: "Mark DeGroot"
Quote from: "James Drilding"
Very interesting.  This marketing material gets pretty flimsy when you start to examine the data.  They leave out anything that might look negative.  This is not the way studies are done.

Yes, I worked for Canyon Research during this study and we were all told that the results had to be positive.  Many people quit because, as scientists, that's not the way we behave.  We should be data-driven, not trying to support predrawn conclusions.  This study was rigged before it ever started.

Thanks for weighing in, Mark.  Most reasonable people already understood this fact, but as someone who worked for Canyon, you make the point very hard to dismiss, although some will still try.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 09:01:06 AM »
Quote from: "James Drilding"

Thanks for weighing in, Mark.  Most reasonable people already understood this fact, but as someone who worked for Canyon, you make the point very hard to dismiss, although some will still try.

I tend to agree, James.  Here are some more results

Social conflict and aggressive behaviors decrease. Reduction of these self-defeating behaviors continues post-graduation, with greatest improvement shown at the 12-month follow-up assessment.

These results suggest that Aspen Education Group’s wilderness therapy programs are
teaching important emotion regulation skills, as well as providing a climate for adolescents to rehearse newly acquired strategies to manage negative emotions such as worry, sadness, and anger. Overall findings provide considerable support for the use of wilderness therapy programs in treating resistant adolescents.

Research conducted by: Ellen Behrens, Ph.D., Canyon Research & Consulting, Inc.; Sarah (Salli) Lewis, Ph.D. and Ellen Leen-Feldner, Center for Research, Assessment, and Treatment Efficacy and Arkansas Institute of Developmental Science; Keith Russell, Ph.D., Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare Research Cooperative, University of Minnesota

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 12:11:08 PM »
For the record, I did NOT write the above.  It appears the poster is so weak of mind and evidence he or she feels the need to impersonate me to try to prove a point.  Obviously, this person has conceded that I have credibility and he/she doesn't, or he/she wouldn't be trying to convince people he/she is me.  Just goes to show this person has no credibility.  

I worked for Canyon and it's an "inside business" creating marketing materials for programs, mostly Aspen programs.  Most Aspen programs don't even offer any treatment and all of the ones Canyon looked into provided no therapy or treatment plan, which was the concern of legitimate researchers on our staff.  It quickly became clear that this exercise was purely for marketing and sales, not science, so roughly 75% of Canyon employees resigned due to this ethical problem.  

It didn't stop Canyon from collecting AEG's money, plus "royalties" for every kid sent to Aspen where the intake revealed the parents relied on this information.  Canyon is essentially making referral fees or lasting royalties based on Aspen enrollment, so of course Canyon will make Aspen look successful, even if the data don't suggest that at all.

Ellen was the director of an Aspen program and failed to disclose tht fact to us or to critics of the study.  It's a massive red flag in research science.

That's pretty definitive.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:46:29 AM by Troll Control »
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 12:29:05 PM »
I seem to have troll about me today.  Here are some further research results.  We are presently conducting a longer term research on the outcome of TBS's.  The results to date look very favorable and should be a boast to the industry.  Times ahead look to be very prosperous, we are encouraged.

Substance abuse and dependence is significantly reduced, with results lasting through the 12-month follow-up. Students experienced substance-related pathology within the clinically significant and elevated range pretreatment, but symptoms fell within a normal range upon graduation. Most importantly, these results were sustained through the three and 12 month follow-up assessments

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 02:38:15 PM »
For the record, I did NOT write the above.  It appears the poster is so weak of mind and evidence he or she feels the need to impersonate me to try to prove a point.  Obviously, this person has conceded that I have credibility and he/she doesn't, or he/she wouldn't be trying to convince people he/she is me.  Just goes to show this person has no credibility.  

I worked for Canyon and it's an "inside business" creating marketing materials for programs, mostly Aspen programs.  Most Aspen programs don't even offer any treatment and all of the ones Canyon looked into provided no therapy or treatment plan, which was the concern of legitimate researchers on our staff.  It quickly became clear that this exercise was purely for marketing and sales, not science, so roughly 75% of Canyon employees resigned due to this ethical problem.  

It didn't stop Canyon from collecting AEG's money, plus "royalties" for every kid sent to Aspen where the intake revealed the parents relied on this information.  Canyon is essentially making referral fees or lasting royalties based on Aspen enrollment, so of course Canyon will make Aspen look successful, even if the data don't suggest that at all.

Ellen was the director of an Aspen program and failed to disclose tht fact to us or to critics of the study.  It's a massive red flag in research science.

I posted this, but am again being trolled by someone trying to impersonate me.  Is this how 'program parents' behave here?  I've been on other forums where they are respectful even if they disagree.  This person represents the worst type of person: the ones who only seek to stifle dialog, like the one everyone calls 'The Who' here.  

Someone before said the guy trolling me is him.  If so, why doesn't he just make some sort of factual argument to rebut what I've said instead of playing games like a little kid?

I worked at Canyon Research, so just ask if you want to know the truth about their business.  this other person pretending to be me obviously is some sort of marketer wanting to change the subject when it gets ugly, just like at Canyon.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:47:44 AM by Troll Control »
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 02:54:30 PM »
Because he has a monetary interest in defending the "programs" he gets money for referring kids to.  Easy: always follow the money :nods:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 03:02:30 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

I would just like to say that it is very difficult to have a conversation here.  The above post is not mine.  All the research done at canyon has been nothing but professional and thorough.  It seems people don’t like to hear the truth here on fornits.
Why are you keeping your heads in the sand like this?  Why not move forward and listen to different points of view and solicit open thinking?  I would think many here could contribute to change rather than obstruct it.
The studies will always have a positive effect whether they are good or bad because they provide information and insight for those faced with making critical decisions for their families.  I hope in time you will all come to see the benefits of research on the industry and how it determines future direction.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »

thank you, mark. the person impersonating you is believed to be John d Reuben. He is quite certainly the industry troll thewho. The level of his dishonesty in impersonation of you are very indicative of the conning, cultic nature of the organizations he represents.

Please post in the future. I recommend getting a Log in and avatar so thewho cannot impersonate you as easily.

Better yet, contact the following groups with what you witnessed. What Aspen is doing is illegal--and they need to forward your info to the proper authorities, and coordinate some kind of action.
http://www.isaccorp.org/
http://www.heal-online.org/
http://www.cafety.org/

fornits.com is a forum for those tortured by Aspen Education Group, CEDU, SYNANON and like gulag torture cults. Many die from the torture they are subjected to at these organizations, both on site, and afterward.

Please contact these groups and speak for us, the ones suffering from the effects of torture / brainwashing, and the ones no longer living because of it.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2009, 03:23:49 PM »
I would just like to say that it is very difficult to have a conversation here. The above post is not mine. All the research done at canyon has been nothing but professional and thorough. It seems people don’t like to hear the truth here on fornits.
Why are you keeping your heads in the sand like this? Why not move forward and listen to different points of view and solicit open thinking? I would think many here could contribute to change rather than obstruct it.
The studies will always have a positive effect whether they are good or bad because they provide information and insight for those faced with making critical decisions for their families. I hope in time you will all come to see the benefits of research on the industry and how it determines future direction.Mark DeGroot.

Thanks for the user name suggestion, By the way, I have contacted all the groups you suggested and they were not interested in anything I had to say.  They only wanted information which was negative towards the industry and even tried to twist my words and refused to take any factual info I provided.
Why is everyone like this?
 Why do you screen all the information here?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2009, 03:48:59 PM »

thank you, mark. the person impersonating you is believed to be John d Reuben. He is quite certainly the industry troll thewho. The level of his dishonesty in impersonation of you are very indicative of the conning, cultic nature of the organizations he represents.

Please post in the future. I recommend getting a Log in and avatar so thewho cannot impersonate you as easily.

Better yet, contact the following groups with what you witnessed. What Aspen is doing is illegal--and they need to forward your info to the proper authorities, and coordinate some kind of action.
http://www.isaccorp.org/
http://www.heal-online.org/
http://www.cafety.org/

fornits.com is a forum for those tortured by Aspen Education Group, CEDU, SYNANON and like gulag torture cults. Many die from the torture they are subjected to at these organizations, both on site, and afterward.

Please contact these groups and speak for us, the ones suffering from the effects of torture / brainwashing, and the ones no longer living because of it.

Are there any other groups anyone can suggest which would be help translate what Mark witnessed (fraud) by Aspen Education Group into a criminal or civil action?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »

Are there any other groups anyone can suggest which would be help translate what Mark witnessed (fraud) by Aspen Education Group into a criminal or civil action?

This would be a good idea and would force many of these organizations like heal, issacorp,cafety and fornits to face the truth about what these studies have uncovered. If there were a civil suit then the studies could no longer be ignored by these people.

It amazes me why they chose to ignore information like this.  Their position is getting weaker and weaker as the industry grows yet they stay on their present course.  Why not try to get out and help some of these kids and their families.  It is a much more satisfying than trying to deceive people and tear them down.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
One of your trolls here took my name as a username
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »

I posted this, but am again being trolled by someone trying to impersonate me.  Is this how 'program parents' behave here?  I've been on other forums where they are respectful even if they disagree.  This person represents the worst type of person: the ones who only seek to stifle dialog, like the one everyone calls 'The Who' here.  

Someone before said the guy trolling me is him.  If so, why doesn't he just make some sort of factual argument to rebut what I've said instead of playing games like a little kid?

I worked at Canyon Research, so just ask if you want to know the truth about their business.  this other person pretending to be me obviously is some sort of marketer wanting to change the subject when it gets ugly, just like at Canyon.  

I'm not going to engage in baby games with this John Reuben guy.  I wrote the above, but none of the other posts and now that guy has made a username of MY NAME.  That still does not make him me.  He obviously knows nothing about Canyon and doesn't know any of the people there.  I do.  But you people can handle your own trolls here, I have better things to do with my time than engage'The Who' in juvenile games.  But, just so everyone is clear, I DO NOT have a username and the person posting as username "Mark DeGroot" is not me.

That's right, it was, guess "who"?  Mr. Whooter.  Caught again impersonating a research scentist this time after assuming his name.  Sweet.

Quote from: "Whooter"
I would just like to say that it is very difficult to have a conversation here. The above post is not mine. All the research done at canyon has been nothing but professional and thorough. It seems people don’t like to hear the truth here on fornits.
Why are you keeping your heads in the sand like this? Why not move forward and listen to different points of view and solicit open thinking? I would think many here could contribute to change rather than obstruct it.
The studies will always have a positive effect whether they are good or bad because they provide information and insight for those faced with making critical decisions for their families. I hope in time you will all come to see the benefits of research on the industry and how it determines future direction.Mark DeGroot.

Thanks for the user name suggestion, By the way, I have contacted all the groups you suggested and they were not interested in anything I had to say.  They only wanted information which was negative towards the industry and even tried to twist my words and refused to take any factual info I provided.

Pinched impersonating yet another person.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:53:20 AM by Troll Control »
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »
Quote from: "Warner Stubbin"

This would be a good idea and would force many of these organizations like heal, issacorp,cafety and fornits to face the truth about what these studies have uncovered. If there were a civil suit then the studies could no longer be ignored by these people.

It amazes me why they chose to ignore information like this.  Their position is getting weaker and weaker as the industry grows yet they stay on their present course.  Why not try to get out and help some of these kids and their families.  It is a much more satisfying than trying to deceive people and tear them down.

It is because they work in half truths.  they dont want to accept the studies because it goes against what they are working towards.  Any type of study is going to damage them because the studies show the industry to be effective and safe every time.  
If you called Heal or the others and told them you were abused in a program they would take you at face value and report it as truth.  But on the other hand if you provide them with facts and studies they reject it and the information never gets reported.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »
[quote="John D Reuben]I would just like to say that it is very difficult to have a conversation here. The above post is not mine. All the research done at canyon has been nothing but professional and thorough. It seems people don’t like to hear the truth here on fornits.

Why do you screen all the information here?[/quote]
Quoted for correct attribution.

New readers, I propose that this Aspen Education Group 's representative 's  impersonation of a whistle blower, an act that is cynically intended to confuse the most credulous of you, is evidence of the lack integrity and dishonesty in the cultic organization.

The campaign of dishonesty and fraudulence undertaken by the Aspen Education Group is similar to that undertaken by the Landmark or Scientology cultic groups, though neither aforementioned group rises to the level of organized criminality of Aspen.

MARK: PLEASE CONTACT ISAC, HEAL, AND CAFETY.
DON'T LET THE ASPEN EDUCATION GROUP get away with their fraud-- which is utilized to further their crimes of abduction, torture, imprisonment and brainwashing.

The who is john reuben. Everyone can see that he is impersonating you. No worries there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »
Quote from: "John D Reuben"

Quoted for correct attribution.

New readers, I propose that this Aspen Education Group 's representative 's  impersonation of a whistle blower, an act that is cynically intended to confuse the most credulous of you, is evidence of the lack integrity and dishonesty in the cultic organization.

The campaign of dishonesty and fraudulence undertaken by the Aspen Education Group is similar to that undertaken by the Landmark or Scientology cultic groups, though neither aforementioned group rises to the level of organized criminality of Aspen.

MARK: PLEASE CONTACT ISAC, HEAL, AND CAFETY.
DON'T LET THE ASPEN EDUCATION GROUP get away with their fraud-- which is utilized to further their crimes of abduction, torture, imprisonment and brainwashing.

The who is john d reuben. Everyone can see that he is impersonating you. No worries there.