Author Topic: DRA detainee has a support group  (Read 3100 times)

Offline blombrowski

• View Profile
Re: DRA detainee has a support group
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 08:45:30 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Been following this story for awhile, I suggested to the lady who contacted me about a month ago to talk to Heal. They've made it an action alert whatever it is they call it at Heal. Has Cafety done anything like this to rally their supporters to assist this kid?

Primarily, we've been responding to requests for information from the organizers of the campaign.  It hasn't exactly been formal, but it seems that a lot of our supporters on facebook have joined their facebook group as well.  For my part, I provided info about the Utah licensing office, Ken Stettler's office is investigating complaints as we speak (we'll see how far that actually goes).  In addition, providing links to ISAC, HEAL, CAFETY and ASTART.

Frankly, we're thrilled that so many others have taken the initiative on this.  Kudos to HEAL.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 09:14:26 PM »
How many gulags has ISAC, HEAL, CAFETY and ASTART shut down?  These organizations are worthless.  They have no power.  HEAL is a joke!  

Yours truly,

The Who

Offline gjsarah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »
For all you interested parties - Brendan's friends are organizing a rally which will take place on Thursday, October 22 in Gainesville, Florida.  The theme is "Teens Unite:  A Rally for Rights".  I have been emailing brian lombrowski and jeffrey nadel (current prez of NYRA).  i'm hoping that each group will send a rep to speak.  Anyone from this site who might be in the area is welcome.  The impetus is Brendan and his situation, but the focus will be what we consider to be the next wave of the civil rights movement - Teen Rights.  

Just so you know, we followed Brian's advice and made several reports to Ken Stettler - director of licensing and regulation in Utah.  His office has opened an investigation into DRA.  We have also filed complaints with the Dept of Children and Families here in Fl and in UT.  Brendan's teen friends will be staging protests in front of B's family's business.  B's mom and grandmother went out to UT for a "seminar" and did not bring him home.  so now, the gloves are off.

Whether or not Che or CAFETY have shut down programs is really not the point.  The information they share trickles down to parents, kids, survivors, and people like us who are trying to right a terrible wrong.  They have both been great resources for us.  blessings.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 12:14:40 AM »
Quote from: "gjsarah"
For all you interested parties - Brendan's friends are organizing a rally which will take place on Thursday, October 22 in Gainesville, Florida.  The theme is "Teens Unite:  A Rally for Rights".  I have been emailing brian lombrowski and jeffrey nadel (current prez of NYRA).  i'm hoping that each group will send a rep to speak.  Anyone from this site who might be in the area is welcome.  The impetus is Brendan and his situation, but the focus will be what we consider to be the next wave of the civil rights movement - Teen Rights.  

Just so you know, we followed Brian's advice and made several reports to Ken Stettler - director of licensing and regulation in Utah.  His office has opened an investigation into DRA.  We have also filed complaints with the Dept of Children and Families here in Fl and in UT.  Brendan's teen friends will be staging protests in front of B's family's business.  B's mom and grandmother went out to UT for a "seminar" and did not bring him home.  so now, the gloves are off.

Whether or not Che or CAFETY have shut down programs is really not the point.  The information they share trickles down to parents, kids, survivors, and people like us who are trying to right a terrible wrong.  They have both been great resources for us.  blessings.

I doubt the rally will have an effect.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 12:23:01 AM »
Quote from: "blombrowski"
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Been following this story for awhile, I suggested to the lady who contacted me about a month ago to talk to Heal. They've made it an action alert whatever it is they call it at Heal. Has Cafety done anything like this to rally their supporters to assist this kid?

Primarily, we've been responding to requests for information from the organizers of the campaign.  It hasn't exactly been formal, but it seems that a lot of our supporters on facebook have joined their facebook group as well.  For my part, I provided info about the Utah licensing office, Ken Stettler's office is investigating complaints as we speak (we'll see how far that actually goes).  In addition, providing links to ISAC, HEAL, CAFETY and ASTART.

Frankly, we're thrilled that so many others have taken the initiative on this.  Kudos to HEAL.

Good lads you are, keep it up and I notice a bit of skepticism about Ken Stettner. Not completely unwarranted but I do remember speaking with someone about how he handled the Witmore disaster. Essentially, he's stuck monitoring every nursing home, DD house, and program in the state of Utah with few to many people to do it.  Patience, patience, and more patience is a virtue when dealing with the man. Bringing up specific violations within his jurisdiction is wise as well as it gives his office something they can act upon.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 12:25:36 AM »
Quote from: "Rally"

Guest has a point, organize a boycott of their business next. But do go ahead with the rally if for the sole purpose of giving those involved a means of expressing themselves.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 12:29:06 AM »
Quote from: "Rally"

Gisarah, your doom-saying troll is thewho, believed to be John D Reuben. His own kid killed himself because he got imprisoned and subjected to thought reform at SUWS wilderness and Academy at Swift River (Aspen Education Group programs, subsidiary of CRC health).

I  believe he is motivated to harass victims of gulag abuse because he is jealous they are still alive and have the potential to live fulfilling lives, unlike his own son, who he killed. Don't mind him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 12:34:42 AM »
Gisarah, your doom-saying troll is thewho, believed to be John D Reuben. His own kid killed himself because he got imprisoned and subjected to thought reform at SUWS wilderness and Academy at Swift River (Aspen Education Group programs, subsidiary of CRC health).

I believe he is motivated to harass victims of gulag abuse because he is jealous they are still alive and have the potential to live fulfilling lives, unlike his own son, who he killed. Don't mind him.

He may have been in a shitty situation but he made the choice to kill himself.  There is nobody that forced him to kill himself.  You can blame programs all you want to.

Offline gjsarah

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 12:44:55 AM »
i'm a married-for-20 years, 42-year-old-mother of three sons.  nothing much scares me, especially not a naysayer.  telling me "that won't help" is pointless.  the rally is to raise awareness about the lack of a legal voice for teens, and to give brendan's friends a chance to express their outrage and distress.  we are putting the pressure on in a public forum.  the times, they are a'changin'.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 12:49:18 AM »
Keep it up gj!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 12:55:26 AM »
i'm a married-for-20 years, 42-year-old-mother of three sons. nothing much scares me, especially not a naysayer. telling me "that won't help" is pointless. the rally is to raise awareness about the lack of a legal voice for teens, and to give brendan's friends a chance to express their outrage and distress. we are putting the pressure on in a public forum. the times, they are a'changin'.

Times are a changin.   :rofl:   You are living in another universe.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 02:04:55 AM »
i'm a married-for-20 years, 42-year-old-mother of three sons.  nothing much scares me, especially not a naysayer.  telling me "that won't help" is pointless.  the rally is to raise awareness about the lack of a legal voice for teens, and to give brendan's friends a chance to express their outrage and distress.  we are putting the pressure on in a public forum.  the times, they are a'changin'.
:rose:

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 02:08:12 AM »
I will send you some quarters for food because protesters will need it throughout the day.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »
B's mom and grandmother went out to UT for a "seminar" and did not bring him home. so now, the gloves are off.
I think you misunderstood the trip.  The programs have seminars (during the course of their sons stay there) which the parents are invited and encouraged to attend.  The seminars do not indicate that the boy is ready to come home or that the parents just chose to leave the boy there.  If someone contacts the school or relative they may be able to get an idea on when he is scheduled to complete the program or graduate.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 08:58:54 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
B's mom and grandmother went out to UT for a "seminar" and did not bring him home. so now, the gloves are off.
I think you misunderstood the trip.  The programs have seminars (during the course of their sons stay there) which the parents are invited and encouraged to attend.  The seminars do not indicate that the boy is ready to come home or that the parents just chose to leave the boy there.  If someone contacts the school or relative they may be able to get an idea on when he is scheduled to complete the program or graduate.

True. But if the parents can attend one of those seminars and not have their radar go off enough to IMMEDIATELY go get their kid then, usually, outside help is needed.

May I suggest trying for a writ of Habeas corpus from the local family courts? I'm not a lawyer and so this is not legal advice. I'm just saying find a lawyer experienced in family law, preferably one with experience with the troubled parent industry or other cults, and ask about getting a writ of Habeas corpus in this case. PM me and I can recommend someone who may be able to give you good advice.

Peace and good luck! Wish I could be there.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes