Author Topic: Aspen Education Group lawyers..AEG not mental health program  (Read 15399 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Aspen Education Group lawyers..AEG not mental health program
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

Clinical -- Involving or based on direct observation of the patient

Wait - you mean "student", don't you?  You need to read what Aspen's lawyers said again.  No kid in an Aspen program can be called a "patient", now can they?   So your definition of clinical was taken from a source describing legitimate health care, not a school like Aspen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 02:45:01 PM »

Wait - you mean "student", don't you?  You need to read what Aspen's lawyers said again.  No kid in an Aspen program can be called a "patient", now can they?   So your definition of clinical was taken from a source describing legitimate health care, not a school like Aspen.

Patient -- the recipient of any of various personal services.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 02:47:34 PM »
I would ask why you two are going on analyzing the “study”/self-serving propaganda of a program’s treatment when that same program undermined the validity of this “study” by stating in court that they do not provide any treatment…but then I realized you’re just that one pathetic program troll –talking to yourself. This really must be a tough time for you troll.

Idea! Let’s send a copy of Aspen’s statements (in court documents) to Consumer affairs etc. and then we can send Aspen’s “study” and other related misrepresentations to the original presiding judge!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 02:54:02 PM »

?????????????????????????

Too lame.  LOL.  At least list a source.

patient

Adjective
1. enduring difficult situations with an even temper
2. persevering or diligent: his years of patient work may finally pay off

Noun
a person who is receiving medical care
patiently adv

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

patient
1.  One who receives medical attention, care, or treatment.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 02:56:49 PM »
Quote from: "I'm not logging in to chat up a troll but I have an idea"
I would ask why you two are going on analyzing the “study”/self-serving propaganda of a program’s treatment when that same program undermined the validity of this “study” by stating in court that they do not provide any treatment…but then I realized you’re just that one pathetic program troll –talking to yourself. This really must be a tough time for you troll.

Idea! Let’s send a copy of Aspen’s statements (in court documents) to Consumer affairs etc. and then we can send Aspen’s “study” and other related misrepresentations to the original presiding judge!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 02:58:41 PM »
Quote from: "Why that's a great idea other person that exisits!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 03:02:36 PM »

?????????????????????????

Too lame.  LOL.  At least list a source.

patient

Adjective
1. enduring difficult situations with an even temper
2. persevering or diligent: his years of patient work may finally pay off

Noun
a person who is receiving medical care
patiently adv

Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

patient
1.  One who receives medical attention, care, or treatment.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »

What I typically do is send the letter (with hard copied documents) and then follow up with an email with the attachements so that they have it from  both sources.
Consumer affairs and to the judges office (find out who he works with also so the letter and documents can be shared).

Then wait a few months.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Clinical Study Results
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »
Quote from: "John C."

More results to come!!

I for one would like to see more detail.  Did they release any graphs or tables?

Here is a link to one of the sites which has results in Graph form (bottom of page):

Link to Study Results

Hope this helps.

I was curious on the results that the boys stress level increased post program but the girls did not as much. Do you think this is related to integrating back into the home at all?  They commented on this themselves, but no cause was attributed.

My guess would be that boys are not as social as girls so they dont handle the transition back into the family and meeting new friends as easily as girls do, so it is a more stressful for them.  I found that interesting too.

The other interesting thing was, did you notice that the girls performed better in most areas until they hit post program and then the boys performed better.  So the program seems to be more effective longer for boys than girls.  Did you notice this also?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »
No, you need to understand the terms a little more.  You dont have to be a mental health program to use terms like "clinical" or "Therapeutic practices".  You could give the kid a massage once a week or a hot mineral bath and market yourself as therapeutic.  As far as Clinical --- all you  need to do is watch the kid 24/7.

You just made that up, didn't you?  Clinical indicates clinic and clinicians, and Aspen does not have either.  Clear cut case of deceiving folks.  I hope Greg Kutz and the GAO clock all this.  Better send it to them to be sure.

Clinical:

regarding the diagnosis and/or treatment of patients within established health care guidelines.
(anxiety-panic.com/dictionary/en-dictc.htm)

#1 relating to a clinic or conducted in or as if in a clinic and depending on direct observation of patients; "clinical observation"; "clinical case ...
#2  scientifically detached; unemotional; "he spoke in the clipped clinical monotones typical of police testimony"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Adjective
1. of or relating to the observation and treatment of patients directly: clinical trials of a new drug (keyword:  treatment, which Aspen does not provide)
2. of or relating to a clinic
3. logical and unemotional: they have a somewhat clinical attitude to their children's upbringing (This is a description of John D. Reuben)
4. (of a room or buildings) plain, simple, and usually unattractive
clinically adv

Aspen is screwed.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »

Here is a link to one of the sites which has results in Graph form (bottom of page):

Link to Study Results

Hope this helps.

I was curious on the results that the boys stress level increased post program but the girls did not as much. Do you think this is related to integrating back into the home at all?  They commented on this themselves, but no cause was attributed.

My guess would be that boys are not as social as girls so they dont handle the transition back into the family and meeting new friends as easily as girls do, so it is a more stressful for them.  I found that interesting too.

The other interesting thing was, did you notice that the girls performed better in most areas until they hit post program and then the boys performed better.  So the program seems to be more effective longer for boys than girls.  Did you notice this also?

No, I didnt.  My take on it is that there are more boys in programs and therefore their data would be more accurate.  If there would be the same number of boys and girls then we may see them paralleled a little better.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 04:35:21 PM »

Link to Study Results

Hope this helps.

No, I didnt.  My take on it is that there are more boys in programs and therefore their data would be more accurate.  If there would be the same number of boys and girls then we may see them paralleled a little better.

Why don't you and yourself carry your monologue to the PM's?  The topic is Aspen's failure to provide treatment, despite peppering their advertising (and your relentless, obtuse trolling) with "clinical" and "therapeutic" and claims of treating mental disorders they are not staffed for.  

If Aspen claims they can treat a child with mental health issues, they're practicing without a license.

What do you call an adult entering a residential treatment program?  Patient.  You expect psychiatrists and mental health professionals to treat them.

What do you call a teen entering a residential treatment program?  Student.  Uh...the logic escapes me.

Troll on, John.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 04:59:53 PM »

Link to Study Results

Hope this helps.

I dont think they provided the break out of boys and girls.  I assumed they were equal.  But now that you bring it up, we dont know do we.  That might account for the differences.  Let me look at it again.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Clinical Study Results
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 05:18:32 PM »
I came across this on their web site:

"As a medical professional, I've seen lots of programs for teens, and I've heard lots of promises. SUWS is the only one I know of that truly makes a positive difference. I use SUWS not only as an intervention step, but I rely upon their staff for the insight to help me understand how best to help families make the healthiest choices for the long run."
-Adolescent Psychologist

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 06:55:55 PM »

Sorry, Whooter.  No way around AEG's confession that they provide no treatment or therapy.  We don't need you to speak for them anymore.  They've finally spoken and admitted that they and you have been lying for years.  You're dismissed.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control