Author Topic: Contact your representative about Hyde -- Now!  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Contact your representative about Hyde -- Now!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 11:27:27 AM »
So a former bully from Hyde School, who is also a liar, slanderer, and all-around professional obfuscator, makes it to the Maine House of Representatives. Are we surprised?

This is one of the reasons why people have so little faith in their government. It's filled with individuals like this. Where's the accountability, Ed?

Ya had to see it coming. All those political contributions Ed made over the years ... they certainly contributed to this.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 01:31:51 PM »
Democratic Members of the Maine House of Representatives

Representative Edward P. Legg
District 141 - Representing part of Kennebunk
PO Box 519
Kennebunk, ME 04043
Home tel: (207) 967-8543

About Rep. Legg

Rep. Ed Legg is serving his first term in the Legislature and has been appointed to the Insurance and Financial Services Committee. He is a graduate of Harvard University and earned his J.D. at the University of Texas at Austin.

Rep. Legg is the retired vice president of University of New England. He has vast experience in research and development, particularly in the biomedical and marine fields. He's interested in economic and environmental issues, including energy efficiency and water rights. Rep. Legg has served locally on the Kennebunk Land Trust, Kennebunk High School Athletic Boosters, and UNE's Unequaled Vision Capital Campaign.

His wife, Ann, is a professional artist and they have four grown children and six grandchildren.

To view high resolution photos of Rep. Edward Legg click here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 07:42:10 PM »
no mention of the decade spent twisting young minds in Bath, Maine.
wonder why?  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 11:10:09 AM »
How Ed got the job - one version...

The first half of this older Opinion piece discusses said election:

seacoastonline.com
Opinion

I'll serve with enthusiasm until Dec. 3
By Christopher W. Babbidge
July 31, 2008 2:00 AM

A very deliberate process led me to the difficult decision to decline the nomination of my party for a third term in the state legislature.

I have a long list of good reasons to both stay in the race and to withdraw, but, after looking at the numbers and considering consequences to me and my family of another term of service, personal considerations take priority. I can't express how appreciative I am to those who have offered their support these past four years, and I have always been cognizant of the honor and responsibility bestowed upon me by the good citizens of Kennebunk. I will serve with enthusiasm until the new legislature takes the oath of office on Dec. 3.

Meanwhile, a wonderful example of American democracy took place at the Kennebunk Town Hall on July 24. Kudos to Democratic Town Chair Dan McGarry and his executive committee for running an outstanding meeting to pick a new nominee to run as the Democratic candidate for House District 141.

State law provides that, if the deadline is met to get a replacement name on the ballot for the fall election, the local political committee, or committees if the district encompasses more than one municipality, may have a special meeting of district citizens to choose a new nominee. In less than 24 hours of my notifying the officers of my decision, we had three outstanding candidates throw their hats in the ring: John Burrows, Kaitlyn Cunningham, and Ed Legg.

I thoroughly enjoyed the event as the candidates included two excellent former students, each from a different generation, and the third candidate is a good friend. Each candidate spoke with poise, knowledge, and confidence. The evening of important discussion finally came to an end when a majority made their choice by written ballot. With 3 ½ months to go before the general election, we have an outstanding new Democratic nominee, Ed Legg.

Water proposal

The tabling of this matter permits a calm, deliberative educational process to assess proper use of the Branch Brook watershed and underlying aquifer for the future.

I have met, by invitation, with both representatives of Poland Spring and with the steering committee of Save Our H2O.

My column seemed to be answered, with the same Coleridge reference and all, by the esteemed former state geologist Walter Anderson, who wrote an op-ed piece to the Press Herald explaining that, as far as the science is concerned, there should be plenty of water in the aquifer to accommodate Poland Spring. My questions, however, were much more specific.

Since the mid-19th century, Poland Spring has been a good Maine company. But its purchase by Nestle Waters, and Nestle's uneven history, and its use of the Maine brand for worldwide distribution of increasing amounts of Maine groundwater, have brought new concerns. And its not mother nature's impact of the aquifer, but the long-term impact of human activity that has people concerned.

Meanwhile, the local citizens of the Save Our H2O organization are continuing to meet, gather facts, and network. Renown Canadian activist Maude Barlow was invited and appeared at York County Community College to discuss water issues around the country, and Nestle Waters North America in particular. At the steering Committee meeting I felt full disclosure was necessary, that during session at the State House, on my way to the Natural Resources Committee after a morning in the House chamber, a stop at the cafeteria to pick up a chicken salad wrap and a bottle of Poland Spring water was my daily regimen.

Despite Maine being a modified absolute dominion state, we do regulate water use, including in-stream flows, surface water levels, and groundwater withdrawal in organized areas. The existing law is the culmination of much work at the state level, and, regarding protection of the public interest, we are ahead of many states.

But Poland Spring's venture into a public/private partnership is breaking new ground here. During my meeting with Poland Spring, they expressed belief that many of my concerns would be addressed by the Department of Environmental Protection during the permitting stage after this deal was agreed upon.

But it doesn't appear to be that simple. According to my state sources, if Poland Spring extracts water from a well on KKWWD land, it's KKWWD water, and since KKWWD water is not solely being used for bottling, it's covered by chapter 587 of the DEP rules, but is not covered by the Natural Resources Protection Act. If a well is on Poland Spring land, the NRPA applies, but the bulk water transport law enforced by the Drinking Water Program at DHHS does not. All of this warrants another look at how Maine's rules, and/or law, should be updated.

Christopher W. Babbidge is a Kennebunk resident and represents House District 141.

Copyright © 2010 Seacoast Media Group, a subsidiary of Dow Jones Local Media Group.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
I should have posted this earlier. If yer planning on contacting Representative Legg as per the imperative of the OP, you are outta luck. Rep. Legg did NOT get reelected.

See link below for links to legislative items Rep. Legg sponsored or cosponsored during his tenure:

Information on this page is for historical purposes only.
It was correct as of 12/1/10.

Representative Legg was not reelected to the 125th Legislature.

Edward P. Legg
(D-Kennebunk)

Address: P. O. Box 519, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Home Telephone: (207) 967-8543
Representing: District 141 - Kennebunk (part)
Committee: Insurance and Financial Services
Party Affiliation: Democrat
Legal Residence: Kennebunk
Seat in House Chamber: 138
Family: Ann Etherton Legg (Wife), 4 Children, 6 Grandchildren
Legislative Service: 124th

# # #

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »
LD 685 - An Act To Clarify the Minimum Wage Exemption for Summer Camp Counselors Working at Day Camps
LD 1140 - Resolve, Directing the Department of Education and the Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Resources To Convene a Work Group To Strengthen Farm-to-school Efforts in the State