Author Topic: Greatest Lug ever thrown  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Massaratu

• View Profile
Greatest Lug ever thrown
« on: September 19, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »
Amber if you wear that dress you have to wear a hair net with it!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Lug ever thrown
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »
Said by whom?

I'm assuming you remember, since you apparently remember the name of the student.

Also, when and where? Lugs took place in several contexts within the school, and had several different manifestations as to what they actually were.

That particular one sounds a lot more like a "cap" than a "lug". It's rather lazy as a lug. When were you at CEDU?

Good to know that you find those sorts of things funny. It's one thing to do the dozens with your friends, it's another when a staff who is supposed to be taking care of you behaves like a teenager on the courts talking smack.

Offline Massaratu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 06:57:29 AM »
oh so sorry , I am Mat Altschul i was at bca from 97-99. that lug was thrown by rob lowe at rap call offs

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 08:07:45 AM »
Quote from: "Massaratu"
oh so sorry , I am Mat Altschul i was at bca from 97-99. that lug was thrown by rob lowe at rap call offs

Oh god, i hope you never thought I was curious about your name. Never never. I value privacy. But you get brave points for offering it.

Rob Lowe? Did he get a lot of it for having the same name as the actor?

Rap call offs were notorious for lugs, that is fo sho. I dinna know this particular staff. He wasnt there when I was.

Im always interested in the bca grads. While I was there, the farm was nothing more than a family. (first challenge, then quest) I know that dan7 (abbreviation) always had interesting insight as to how the program evolved. Same with "if you want to know then ask" (another user with super awesome insight into later cedu stuff.)

So.. what was your take on being relegated to the farm half of the program? While the nwa were in the other part? I was always curious as to that whole dynamic.

Ive also always been curious, did you bca guys have access to the house? (kitchen, living room, etc.) The whole idea of splitting cow creek interests me.

If you want to know, I was at RMA from 87-89

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 07:49:03 PM »
Finally I know when you attended RMA.  I always knew it was a year or so after I left, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Lugs were fully acceptable abuse in my opinion.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Always a put down.  They spent so much time beating us down, no wonder they didn't have any time to build us back up.  

There were always certain staff who seemed to thrive on lugs and put downs.  Caroline Wolfe was a big one.  Tim Brace probably her equal.  Some staff, trying to look good and fit in would try it out, but there were professionals and then wannabes.  

I always hated the labels they tried to put on everyone.  They knew you for only a few weeks, but they decided who you were and labeled you early, and no matter how hard you tried, how long you'd been there, the label would follow you around through the entire program.  And of the few I have talked to about the labels they had, I don't think any felt the label was accurate.  Lugs I think often played off of the labels people were given.

Offline Massaratu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 09:46:29 PM »
yes yes and all in all it's just another brick in the wall
the worste lug i got was Dave Hampton reading my first letter to my family in front of the whole house, saying "get me out of this gulag"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »
Have you considered tracking him down and killing his children, if any?

Extra credit if you do it while he watches.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »
Quote from: "Massaratu"
yes yes and all in all it's just another brick in the wall
the worste lug i got was Dave Hampton reading my first letter to my family in front of the whole house, saying "get me out of this gulag"

That's pretty stone-cold mean.

The only lug I received in front of the house was from the wolfe. The minute she said it, my friends kind of had a somewhat silent gasp about how inappropriate it was.

In truth, it really wasnt that bad. Rather, it was referencing something that was "addressed" when I was a voyageur, and when I received the lug, I think I was in quest or challenge. In short, the lug was obsolete. People who knew me didnt seem too happy about that. When I went down to the dorms that night, several of my dormmates were saying that I should definitely take her to a rap for it. It wouldnt be the first time fellow comrades suggested that to me. Friends would also encourage me to take members of my peer group to raps who were just blatantly obnoxious to me.

I never took a staff to a rap. I may be white, but Im not stupid.

As for students. I did indictments like all the rest. I really nailed one guy when I was in voyageurs. But it all seemed so pointless to me. Id rather just forget about it.

I was one of those kids who would much rather be indicted than actively participate in someone else's. Normally someone whom I had no investment in. Trying to manufacture issues was tiresome. But I did as best as I could. I wanted nothing more than to win the approval of all who were active participants in the program. Staff, students, what have you. I even desired the approval of peer group members whom I despised.

Of course, my memories about this could all be wrong. (thats my disclaimer for all things I recount. Most of my stay in idaho was a surreal david lynch nightmare.)