Author Topic: Jen is found..  (Read 10608 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Jen is found..
« on: September 16, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »
She was found, and she's not going back to CALO. I'll post more when I have it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Jen is found..
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:27:05 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
She was found, and she's not going back to CALO. I'll post more when I have it.

Who found Jen?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:28:11 AM »
Where was Jen found?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 10:31:55 AM »
I have no idea where Jen was found or who she was found by. I will ask those quesitons and if my contact is willing for that information to be shared.. you'll all be the first to know.

Offline Curious George

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 12:33:54 PM »
Who found or where Jen was found is irrelevent.  What is relevent is that she is safe.

Let's keep to the point.  To Jen's mom, I am very happy to hear she was found safe. It must have been a great burden lifted from you.  We still have a long way to go though, both in the areas of reconciling our families as well as exposing CALO for what and who they really are.

Parents have begun to organize.  I encourage Jen's mom to keep going with her quest for the truth and to hold all those accountable who seek to destroy the truth.  I will help.

I encourage all parents to take notice of this issue and seek out the truth of what is really going on at CALO.

CG

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Curious George

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 01:43:12 PM »
Ursus,

How very appropriate.  Wonderfully done.

CG

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »
I am glad that Jen is no longer on the streets or at CALO, and after an ordeal like this, tact and time to heal is needed but what would be priceless is to find out what happened and how she personally feels about all this.

Why did she risk her life to escape?

Were the conditions at CALO less than satisfactory?

Was she being physically and/or psychologically abused?

What was the reason she did not feel comfortable calling her parents for rescue?

Is she back home or on her way to a new program?
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 12:35:38 AM »
Did she witness other children who were physically and/or psychologically abused?  The questions above are good.

Offline jenmichael

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »
Hello I am Jennifer Rose Michael better known on this site as Jen Michael... anyone having questions conserning me or what happened while at, while on the run or after calo, I would be more than willing to answer any questions, I am living with my sister i am eighteen and about to attend job corps, and am trying to move on with my life, although there is a blockade in my life, my adoptive parents john and rose michael, i will start by giving the information that calo was not the first or the last RTC that i attended, they were looking into such placements since i was seven and they accuired costody of me from my mother who did not have a snowballs chance in hell paying for the legal bills, i was told my whole life one story, your mother is a druggie, was not a "good" person, and that she abused me since gaining contact with my half sister i have found everything that i have been told in life is a lie so, trying to shed light on parts of my life that were blackened by the lies of people who said they had my best interest in heart i hope to slowly move forward with new information on what is known of me. While attending calo, Ken, john and rose, and the therapist Amanda that oversaw my life there made a triangle and put me on a blind end. I was not allowed to contact john or rose,(not that i wanted to after a while), even when i took the routes that i was told to take such as asking for a phone call, it would not be forwarded to john and rose. Due to one thing or another in therapy i was consistently placed in a green shirt, after gaining a closer relationship with one of the male students, who i am currently dating, i began to realize that calo was minipulating the students to work and blinding the parents to the faults of the program. On a few occasions i had boundries placed on me, one time in particular they were so severe that i was not allowed to talk to anyone including the staff, if i broke the boundries i was placed on regroup, i was not allowed to show emotion either. The mentality of calo is break or be broken. There is another occasion that i feel i must air also. On a former page i saw that it stated that there was a student with a consussion who fell taking out dogs and nothing was done. Iwas that student, and that was not the situation. After a group therapy the group went out side and to go get a ball i was running down the hill, my shoes were not put together well anymore so the sole was falling off, i tripped and tried to pick up speed, i face planted and was knocked out for about a minute, the staff did not come down the hill, i got about half way up and could not see because of the blood that was in my eyes, the staff finally got to me and assisted me back into the facility, i was the seen by the nurse, i was told that Ken would be contacting my adoptive parents. He did not i was not taken to see any doctors or to the ER, the left side of my face was removed by the asphalt, and i had chuncks of rock in the skin that remained. Two male staff held me as the nurse removed each pebble and rock, and also as she cleaned my face. i was placed in a green shirt, and that was the end of it. If anyone had questions about calo that they want or questions they have about me they want answered i will be more than happy to do so.
 Jen Rose Michael

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 05:42:38 PM »
Jenmichael,
I’m glad you’re in a safer place now with your sister and I hope the very best for you.

I’ve read your message above here and wondered if you would elaborate on some of the terms like “the therapist Amanda that oversaw my life there made a triangle and put me on a blind end. Also, I’m not sure if I am inferring correctly the meaning when you mention having been placed on “boundaries” and not allowed to interact with other students and even staff. I am assuming/hoping this was not a prolonged isolation situation, but rather the different, but still messed up “open isolation” or ostracism punishment. In some programs this might be called bans and in others it doesn’t have a name, but it happens.

That last part where you were injured (w/ breif LOC no less) and then not taken to the hospital really ticks me off, but then I also wondered why the hell would they then set you back a level and put you in a green shirt after all of that. It’s like you got punished for the fact that no caretaker (CALO or parental guardian) saw fit to provide you with a pair of shoes that weren’t falling apart and for the existence of gravity …not that I expect that place to make much sense. These questions and thoughts were just what occurred to me as I read.

You also mentioned that “calo was not the first or the last RTC that i attended”. What other placements were you in and how many?

Again, Jenmichael I wish you well.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline jenmichael

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
I attended a WWASP program name midwest academy, then Aspen instiute, then calo, then i attended midwest again, and finally i attended eagle quest a wilderness program in utah. If you have any questions about the programs mentioned shoot me another message whenever you want.
Jen Michael

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
exposure to multiple artificially contrived milieus
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
Geeezzz... All four programs are featured here on fornits! :D  

Over what period of time are we talking about here?

I have to wonder, going from one program into another, and yet another, and yet another, etc., whether such extended exposure to multiple artificially contrived milieus ends up really screwing with a person's perception of what is "normal" behavior, let alone sense of self, or even reality for that matter! I'm so sorry that ya had to go through all that!

Quote from: "jenmichael"
...and finally i attended eagle quest a wilderness program in utah.
Here's a thread specifically about Eagle Quest, in case you feel up to adding your two cents. Fwiw, there also appear to be some ties between this program and Distant Drums...

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Jennifer Michael

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 12:57:38 AM »
Hello again, its Jennifer Michael sorry for not answering you questions eariler. I was turned in, I was gone 15 days, and the person that i was living with saw the front page of the news paper in the lake of the ozarks. Please do not call Rose my mom or mother, I have personal reasons for that, she is not and has not been that figure since i was five, and taken into her custody. I did not call my "parents" for help when i ran because i was done with programs, i was tired of being put in one and they wouldn't get the results they wanted and they would put me in another one. To answer your questions the best, ill start from the begining. Yes i have seen things at calo that would fall under the category of abuse. I have seen holds being taken too far, and staff being antagonistic towards students. I have also seen on a few occasions first hand when a student was in need of medical care and staff would not take them to the hospital, it happened to me, and at least two other students in the time i was there. I have seen staff looking to put students in holds also. I have seen students being put on boundries or limitations that were ridiculous, for example i will tell the boundries i had for 2 months, I was not allowed to talk to anyone including staff, I was not allowed to process through a hard time i was having, and i wasn't allowed to do anything that was not on the schedual, if we had free time i had to do chores, for two weeks straight i had to do all of the girls side chores. A program can claim to have the answer but what i have learned is that 99% of students that make it out of programs either fake it completely or change because they are afraid of the consequences. Why is it that parents think that a kid having their own opinion or wanting to make their own path in life so wrong? I do have to give credit to one thing that i have noticed with programs though, when you are there it is made sure that you do eat, you miss three meals and you have an iv put in by the hospital. In all reality, programs have negatives but the parents are the ones who sign away their rights to their kids while they are there, you can pull them out but you have large breech of contract bills to pay afterward, or you get sued. It is the same taticts that are used on the students that are used on the parents, you do this or you are going to have a gigantic consequense for not doing it, for the parents though it is money. most of the parents use college funds, trust funds, or take out loans and morgages to put their kids in these places. So they cannot afford any other bills the programs throw at them, they become stuck. I hope some of this information is helpful, and don't be afraid to ask me more questions about calo ill do my best to answer them.
Jennifer Michael