Author Topic: Second Nature Wilderness Program  (Read 31166 times)

Offline Watchful Yeoman

• View Profile
Re: Second Nature Wilderness Program
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »
So because some people were saying something you didn't agree with, you lied about having a child in a program?  Seriously, man, you need a lot of help.  This throws your entire history here into the dump.  I can't really believe anyone would even do something like that.  Sure, maybe embellish a little here and there, but to create a new family to tell program success stories about is beyond weird and completely dishonest.  Looking back at your other posts, quite a few stand out as obvious lies as well.  That, plus you run around here all the time accusing everyone else of lying but you turn out to be the "biggest liar ever" on Fornits and that's an accomplishment!  At least now we know!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"The ricketty and scrofulous little wretch who first sees the light in a work-house, or in a brothel, and who feels the effects of alcohol before the effects of vital air, is not equal in any respect to the ruddy offspring of the honest yeoman; nay, I will go further, and say that a prince, provided he is no better born than royal blood will make him, is not equal to the healthy son of a peasant." [/i]

-John Randolph

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2010, 01:49:44 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Watchful Yeoman"
???  So you made up having a kid you didn't have to "add balance"?  I don't get that at all.  You spend day after day here calling other posters "liars" and now we find out you invented your whole story.  Greeeeat.  What else have you made up besides your children?
Well,this is what the other fornits posters were saying about this mothers child:
OMG I was there with your kid, what a small world. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your son is gay and had the time of his life sucking off all of us for extra rice. That's the real reason he gained weight.. well.. and he swallows. Extra nutrients!
Link

I jumped in to counter what was being done to her.  Maybe it wasnt one of my best decisions but I wrote it and stand behind what I write.  If you notice no one else here seemed to care that she was being beat up like that.
Ah... and well that you might say that, leaving out pertinent details of the context!  :D

You see, "Worried Anne" sounded SO very much like one of your many sock puppets, that someone even posted, immediately in response to said OP:
Quote from: "Guest"
^^^ thewho.
Quite understandable then, that you subsequently rushed in to defend yourself...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
???  So you made up having a kid you didn't have to "add balance"?  I don't get that at all.  You spend day after day here calling other posters "liars" and now we find out you invented your whole story.  Greeeeat.  What else have you made up besides your children?
Well,this is what the other fornits posters were saying about this mothers child:
OMG I was there with your kid, what a small world. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your son is gay and had the time of his life sucking off all of us for extra rice. That's the real reason he gained weight.. well.. and he swallows. Extra nutrients!
Link

I jumped in to counter what was being done to her.  Maybe it wasnt one of my best decisions but I wrote it and stand behind what I write.  If you notice no one else here seemed to care that she was being beat up like that.
Ah... and well that you might say that, leaving out pertinent details of the context!  :D

You see, "Worried Anne" sounded SO very much like one of your many sock puppets, that someone even posted, immediately in response to said OP:
^^^ thewho.
Quite understandable then, that you subsequently rushed in to defend yourself...

But Ursus, my posts have been all linked together so we know that "Worried Anne" was not me posting.  So I wasn't jumping in to defend myself.  I jumped in to defend this woman having her son talked about like that.  Survivor on survivor can be very vicious as we have all seen.  Those were terrible things you people were saying about her son and fellow survivor.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2010, 05:24:40 PM »
I can't really believe anyone would even do something like that.  Sure, maybe embellish a little here and there....

So why do you think it is okay for survivors to embellish their stories?  This has always been a curious question for me.  There are people who come on here for information on programs and the industry and they encounter people like yourself who embellish their stories and cry abuse which to me is the same as lying.

Why cant people just be honest and tell it straight out the way it is?

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2010, 08:12:20 AM »
Whoops.  So much for that phony family fairy tale.  Whooter has to make up a new family now with a new story so he can "prove" that the programs saved his phony kid and family.   :beat:  :beat:  :beat:  :beat:  :beat:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Speaking of wilderness programs and sex, it happens all the time... at least when I was there it did. Its not like they handed out condoms so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the girls go home from wilderness with a whole new set of issues brewing inside them. I never saw a wild tribe like orgy until I was in wilderness, and don't think the staff don't join in. Parents have no idea what happens out there, it was insane.

Thanks guest,I knew it wasnt as bad as people were saying here.  The kids do have fun on these trips, I kind of thought that.

Your welcome, my son really liked it and would like to become a counselor some day which has motivated him to study harder.

Face it.....you got busted buddy boy.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I admit that, Anne, but read through the thread and see what they did to this woman "worried Anne" and calling her son gay and pretending to be survivors with her son.  
I dont see it as being wrong at all.  I feel sorry for the woman.  I would probably do it again if the situation warranted.

"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline honestly

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
Vaughn Heath - he was the therapist when I went there from June-August 2000 (though he was therapist longer than that, I just don't know how long). He's from Canada.

http://www.heal-online.org/secondnat.htm

This is a  staff list for Second Nature Wilderness Program(s) in Duchesne, UT, Santa Clara, UT, Clayton, GA, & Bend, OR

(we are working to acquire the complete records for ALL years)

We advise current and/or former staff to report abuses you witnessed while working at Second Nature Wilderness Program.  For information on your rights and how to take action, visit http://www.heal-online.org/blowthewhistle.htm.  If you were fired or forced to resign because you opposed any illegal and unethical practices at Second Nature Wilderness Program, you have the right to take action.  

If you are a victim (family or survivor) of Second Nature Wilderness Program, please contact [email protected] if you remember the long-term employees and from which years.  This will help!   Also, if you recognize any of these staff as having worked at another program, please send in any information about their past or present employment at other facilities and/or cults.  

Please don’t place your loved one in Second NatureWilderness Program and rescue them if they are there now.

Name
 Unit/Position
 Additional Information
Brad M. Reedy Founder ALL PROGRAMS--Brad currently sits on the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs Board and the Utah Board of the Department of Child and Family Services.
In the public sector, Brad worked at Loma Linda University Hospital,  at Riverside Family Service Agency, and  at Center for Family Development.  In private practice, Brad has also worked with individuals and families with eating disorders and other addictions.  Brad worked as a field therapist and Clinical Director with Aspen Achievement Academy and Aspen Ranch.

Cheryl Kehl Founder Prior to founding Second Nature, she was the Clinical Director at Aspen Achievement Academy (a therapeutic wilderness program in southern Utah) where she worked as a wilderness therapist and staff supervisor for five years.  Her experience also includes serving as the Clinical Director at Aspen Ranch (a residential treatment program for adolescents in southern Utah), as a therapist at the Comprehensive Clinic at Brigham Young University(BYU) in Provo, Utah, Wasatch Mental Health and the American Psychological Association in Salt Lake City, Utah.  
Devan Glissmeyer Founder Devan’s experience includes work at the Center for Family Development.  He worked as a field therapist at Aspen Achievement Academy.
Leah Halverson Admissions  
Shahara Davis Admissions  
Steve Kirk Admissions  
Tere Snodgrass Admissions  
Lori Armbruster Admissions  
Ben Pearson Therapist Duchesne, UT Location--UINTAS/Uintas Program--Ben began working with adjudicated youth for the Anasazi Foundation in the fall of 1997.  In January of 2000, Ben came to Second Nature.  
Bryan Lepinske Therapist Prior to his return to Second Nature Bryan was on the clinical team at Willow Creek School, a program in Provo, Utah.  He has also worked as a primary therapist at Vista Adolescent Treatment Center in Magna, Utah.  
Jake Blackwelder Therapist Blackwelder has been with Second Nature since 2004.
Jason Capel Clinical Director Jason completed his undergraduate work at the University of Utah with Bachelors degrees in Psychology and Physiology in 1989. While there, he worked as a research assistant in the areas of human sexuality and memory working with both human and animal subjects.  
Jason Dalton Therapist The last program he worked at before joining Second Nature was Logan River Academy where he worked for nearly 3 ½ years.  While working at LRA, Jason saw a large number of students coming from wilderness program.  Graduate of BYU.
Jen Murphy Counselor . In 2000, and for the next four years, Jen worked for Aspen Achievement Academy.  Jen left Aspen Achievement in 2004 when she was sought by Second Nature.
Jennifer Wilde Counselor Moving to a private facility in 1999, Jennifer worked at Island View Residential Center for seven years.  She has also worked as the Clinical Director at Willow Creek School.
Jess Jewell Teacher Jess also worked at Gateway Academy, a residential treatment program in Salt Lake City.  In addition, Jess completed an internship with ChoicePoint Therapeutic Services.
Jody St. Joseph Therapist  
Patrick Logan Outreach Director Formerly worked for Hurricane Island Outward Bound's S.T.E.P. program, an adjudicated intervention program
1995, parts of '96 and '97 Aspen Achievement Academy Senior Instructor and Team Leader (responsible for supervising and developing both rotations of Instructors in the field).  For 8 months in '96, Hidden Lake Academy as their Assistant Wilderness Director 1999 joined Second Nature as Field Director, helped develop Second Nature Cascades (Bend, Oregon), Information Technology projects, assisted with Willowcreek School (a.k.a. Willow Creek School)and continue as Outreach Director.
Shaun Woodard Field Director He joined Second Nature in 2000 as a field instructor.  
Steve DeBois Clinical Director He worked for Youth Care residential program prior to coming to Second Nature.
Andy Dunn Therapist Clayton, GA--Second Nature Blue Ridge--Andy worked as a field guide for a wilderness program in Maine and a residential therapy program in Hawaii for adjudicated youth.*  Andy arrived at Second Nature, Utah in the Spring of 2000.
Dan McDougal Owner/Partner/Program Director He then went on to work as a senior wilderness instructor at Aspen Achievement Academy in Loa, Utah. He was hired by Second Nature Utah to assist in the development of the field program at its inception in 1998. He has worked as a Senior Mentor and Field Director with Second Nature Utah. In 2002 he developed and co-founded Second Nature Blue Ridge.
Dana Karkotsky Parent Coordinator Dana worked for two years as a clinical assistant at Ridgeview Institute on the Child/Adolescent Program.  After working at Ridgeview Institute, Dana came to Second Nature Blue Ridge as a field instructor.  
Diana Gordick Counselor  
Erica Thiessen Counselor She worked both as a lead peer group counselor for two groups as well as wilderness counselor at The Academy at Swift River, a therapeutic boarding school in Massachusetts, before moving to Asheville in 2003.
Jeff Scott Clinical Director Jeff has worked at SUWS of the Carolinas as well as the Aspen Achievement Academy.  He has also worked at Charter Provo Canyon School and the Heritage School.
Paul Case Psychiatrist Paul Case, Psy.D. is a clinical psychologist who joins Second Nature Blue Ridge from Montana Academy, where he worked as a Clinical Supervisor and therapist for four years.  
Tony Issenmann Therapist  
Tyson Farmer Field Director Tyson became a backcountry instructor at Alternative Youth Adventures (an Aspen Education Group program) in Loa, Utah in 2001.  Tyson started working at Second Nature Blue Ridge as a field instructor shortly after it opened in December 2002.  
Amanda Lilla Admin. Director  
Mary Flora Counselor Formerly employed with Phoenix Outdoor wilderness program.  
Lu Vaughn Counselor Lu worked as a Program Director with Boy’s Clubs of America.  She worked 7 years with the State of North Carolina Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Center; Director of an adult "therapeutic community"; Primary Therapist and Clinical Director for an adolescent "therapeutic" boarding school located in Bahia de Kino, Mexico; Clinical Director for Coral Reef Academy located in Samoa.  She is still listed as the clinical director for Coral Reef Academy.*
Allison Hilemon Psychiatrist Santa Clara, UT Location--Entrada--Joined Second Nature in 2007.
Becca Carlin Asst. Field Director In 2004 she moved to Salt Lake City and began working for Second Nature in Duchesne as a Field Instructor.
Beth Fogel Therapist Beth is a licensed social worker in both Utah and Pennsylvania and has been working in her field since 1994.  Beth has experience with adolescents in both inpatient hospital, residential and wilderness settings.  Most recently, Beth has worked for Passages to Recovery.  
Charlie Carlin Counselor  
Gail Bramlet Office Mgr. Gail is the Entrada Office Manager since 2004.
Justin Stum Therapist Prior to coming to Second Nature, Justin was employed by RedCliff Ascent, a wilderness therapy program in southern Utah.
Lauren Roberts Field Staff Roberts has been with Second Nature since 2006.
Matt Hoag Therapist (Ph.D.) He began in the wilderness with RedCliff Ascent in southern Utah. He then worked for three years at Aspen Achievement Academy as a field therapist, assistant clinical director and director of research.  At both programs, Matt conducted psychological and psychoeducational evaluations with adolescents.  He has worked at both Second Nature programs in Utah, and done psychological testing at all four Second Nature programs. He has been with Second Nature for nine years and helped start Second Nature Entrada five years ago. (as of 2009).
Mayer Jeppson Therapist (Ph.D.) Mayer focused his clinical experience on at-risk adolescent and adult populations.  He has conducted psychological assessments and/or conducted individual and group therapy through St. Elizabeth's Hospital (a forensic mental hospital based in D.C.); the Northwest Child and Family Community Support Center in D.C.; the Juvenile Addictions Receiving Facility (JARF) at Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida; Juvenile Detention Center (JDC) in Miami, Florida; South Miami Excel Shelter; University of Miami Institute for Family Living; Brigham Young University Comprehensive Clinic; Utah State Fourth District Juvenile Court; Utah State Adult Probation and Parole Salt Lake City Daily Reporting Center; Utah State Board of Pardons; Utah State Prison Sex-Offender Treatment Program; and the Utah State Prison Olympus Forensic Mental Health Unit. Before his psychology internship from September 2006 to September 2007, Mayer worked as an assistant therapist and primary therapist at the Second Nature, Duchesne site.
Mike Hench Therapist Most recently Mike has worked in the youth/young adult treatment industry as a program therapist for SunHawk Academy, a residential treatment program operated by Aspen Education Group in St. George, UT, and as the Director of the Medicine Wheel program, a wilderness therapy program for young adults operated by RedCliff Ascent in Enterprise, UT.
Paul Goddard Therapist (Ph.D.) Paul Goddard was Clinical Director at Aspen Achievement Academy in 2005. Goddard was the psychologist at New Haven, Clinical Director at Vista, and both Clinical Director and Executive Director at Adirondack Leadership Academy in New York.  
Rick Heizer Owner/Program Director Rick joined the Second Nature team in their first year of operation.  During his time with Second Nature, Rick has held positions as Field Coordinator, Assistant Field Director, Field Director and Program Director.  Currently Rick is an owner and the Program Director for Second Nature Entrada.  
Sean Roberts Instructor Sean also worked for Outward Bound’s Department of Juvenile Justice and DCF programs.  Sean joined Second Nature Entrada in the early fall of 2005 as a wilderness instructor.  
Brian Rossiter NO TITLE(?) Bend Location--Second Nature Cascade(s)--He also worked with the CEDU schools for seven years, as the Program Director for Phoenix Outdoor Education Center in Vermont and as Program Manager at the Ascent program.
Cindy Fogel Therapist Fogel has worked in industry since 2001.
(Dr.) J. Huffine (male) Therapist He started working in a wilderness program in Texas in 1998, before moving to Oregon where he has been Clinical Director at SageWalk the past five years.
(Dr.) Willow Huffine (female) Therapist  

(Second Nature Wilderness Program, like many other programs in this industry, keeps a "tight lid" on any specific information regarding their staff, qualifications, and practices.  Please contact us with the names of any staff of which you have firsthand knowledge or experience.  Thank you for your help.)

Last Updated: August 3rd, 2009