Author Topic: Second Nature Wilderness Program  (Read 31568 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Second Nature Wilderness Program
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK_IT"
I'm just asking Anne.  Did Whooter lie about other things too or just the whole son/son/daughter thing?  To me it looks like he had two sons and a daughter all in programs, even though he never mentioned the daughter to me before only the sons.  Do you have evidence to show he's lying about more than just the kids he had in programs?

You can start reading here....

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29342
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 03:20:02 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Guest"
Speaking of wilderness programs and sex, it happens all the time... at least when I was there it did. Its not like they handed out condoms so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the girls go home from wilderness with a whole new set of issues brewing inside them. I never saw a wild tribe like orgy until I was in wilderness, and don't think the staff don't join in. Parents have no idea what happens out there, it was insane.

Thanks guest,I knew it wasnt as bad as people were saying here.  The kids do have fun on these trips, I kind of thought that.

Your welcome, my son really liked it and would like to become a counselor some day which has motivated him to study harder.

Face it.....you got busted buddy boy.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I admit that, Anne, but read through the thread and see what they did to this woman "worried Anne" and calling her son gay and pretending to be survivors with her son.  
I dont see it as being wrong at all.  I feel sorry for the woman.  I would probably do it again if the situation warranted.

QFT in its original format.  Whooter pleads "guilty" to lying about his entire phony "family story."  Priceless.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 03:25:41 PM »
I still don't get it.  Because some extemists here made lude comments about some lady you posted your son's success story?  Why not just be proud of your son and tell your story anyway?  It doesn't matter now anyway, you admit your son was at Wilderness and that he did great and that's all that matters.

I don't either.  If he just wanted to come to her defense, he'd have just posted the "truth" about his "daughter". He doesn't explain why he felt the need to make up a different gender child.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
I still don't get it.  Because some extemists here made lude comments about some lady you posted your son's success story?  Why not just be proud of your son and tell your story anyway?  It doesn't matter now anyway, you admit your son was at Wilderness and that he did great and that's all that matters.

I don't either.  If he just wanted to come to her defense, he'd have just posted the "truth" about his "daughter". He doesn't explain why he felt the need to make up a different gender child.

Anne, I was posting as a "guest".  If I said "daughter" people would have figured out it was me.  In fact if you read the thread people were convinced that I was "Worried Anne".  So you can see the trolls were out in full force on that thread.  I think I did a good thing.  Read through it you will see what I mean.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 03:52:01 PM »
Quote from: "WorriedAnne"
I know that this site is very much against all programs of any kind, but I just wanted to post our own success story (for the moment at least !).

Our son, aged 15, was out of control, constantly angry and depressed, not eating to the point of anorexia, failing school and using pot and alcohol to such a point that he couldn't function.

On the recommendation of an educational consultant (long story), we sent him to Second Nature in Utah, where he spent nine weeks.  Last week I went to the campsite and spent the day and a night with the group, and then left with my son the next day, to take him to his "aftercare" as they call it.

And our son was absolutely transformed.  He said it saved his life.  He is happy, calm, funny, and gained nearly 20 pounds while he was in the program.  He's proud that he can do that fire thing with the bow, that he survived tough hikes, and that he can cook over a fire.  He is really a totally changed young man, and he said without Second Nature he couldn't have done it.

I found the staff to be good, but the therapist in charge of our son was exceptional, absolutely outstanding.  Very understanding and still pointing out the sensitive issues in a way that we could all make some changes in communication so we don't all blow up all the time, as we've been doing for the past year.

So I thought I'd post something incredibly positive.  I am thrilled to have my son back, in good shape, physically and mentally, and I was extremely impressed with the care of the boys, both physical and emotional.  I know this program doesn't work with all boys, but it worked with our son.

This is the OP.  It was a good find, SUCK_IT, thank you.  This represents one of the success stories and shows one of the many kids that do well in wilderness programs.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 04:07:43 PM »

This is the OP.  It was a good find, SUCK_IT, thank you.  This represents one of the success stories and shows one of the many kids that do well in wilderness programs.

It's also an excellent example of you pretending to be other people to advance your agenda.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 04:09:20 PM »

It's also an excellent example of you pretending to be other people to advance your agenda.

If you read the thread you wouldn't be saying that, unless you are just lying again.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2010, 04:10:12 PM »
Why does it bother people here so much that other people do well?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 04:22:16 PM »

It doesn't.  It bothers us when people lie.  It bothers us when people twist our words around.  It bothers us when people try to minimize what's being done to kids in the name of "treatment".  But you know this already.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 04:25:06 PM »

It doesn't.  It bothers us when people lie.  It bothers us when people twist our words around.  It bothers us when people try to minimize what's being done to kids in the name of "treatment".  But you know this already.

What the heck has gotten in to you lately. People do well in programs and you know this, so stop it, Anne.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »

All those things bother me too.  But why do people react the way they did on this thread when this woman told her story?  Why did fonits posters pretend to know her son and tell her that he performed oral sex on everyone at camp for extra rice?  Why did they say he was gay to her?

Did you read the op and the thread Anne?  Why do people like yourself and Samara just ignore posts like that and focus on my post where I was trying to help this woman?

Why is everyone so threatened when posts like this appear?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2010, 04:28:39 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

What the heck has gotten in to you lately. People do well in programs and you know this, so stop it, Anne.

Don't presume to tell me what I know, you fucking simpleton.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2010, 04:31:12 PM »
Quote from: "john David Reuben"
Thanks worriedAnnie,  I appreciate the time you took to post something positive.  Your story is an oasis here and typical of most parents experience from 2nd nature, its just that many dont post here or find their way to this wayward site.
I wish you and your son all the happiness you deserve and need to catch up on.

Actually, it's been more or less proved by peer reviewed study, that it's common for participants in "teen programs" to encounter human rights violations, and abuses of all kinds.

http://www.cafety.org/research/121-rese ... -pinto-phd

"I have spoken with  professionals who are shocked by descriptions of institutional abuse that continue to emerge in unregulated “therapeutic” boarding schools and similar “specialty”  programs across the country.  In disbelief, people often ask, “How do you know that these aren’t just a few isolated incidents that have been blown way out of proportion?”
...these survey findings nonetheless provide compelling information indicating that there are far more than a few isolated cases of youth who are being mistreated and are suffering in programs across the country. ..these reports describe treatment that appears to be significantly below commonly accepted standards of care in the fields of education, mental health, child welfare, and human rights.  "

Meanwhile, Aspen education group has never authenticated or confirmed in accordance with any medical body's standards and practices that it offers any form of therapy whatsoever.

"Instead of treatment, however, Burton says [Aspen Education Group] cuts [teens] off from the world and put in a place where teenagers are "incarcerated against their will and without their consent for dubious treatment of a clandestine, undefined and unconfirmed nature."

If you weren't too stupid to have seen that, yo uwouldnt have killed Mike Reuben
http://fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28657

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... n11484238/

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2010, 04:33:58 PM »
Anne, why do people like you and Samara accept these types of posts to a mother telling her story of her son?  Yet are upset when I post to defend her or balance the scales.  My posts were not hurtful to anyone, but that doesnt seem to matter to people like you.

OMG I was there with your kid, what a small world. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your son is gay and had the time of his life sucking off all of us for extra rice. That's the real reason he gained weight.. well.. and he swallows. Extra nutrients!

:nods:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2010, 04:40:53 PM »
Anne, why do people like you and Samara accept these types of posts to a mother telling her story of her son?  Yet are upset when I post to defend her or balance the scales.  My posts were not hurtful to anyone, but that doesnt seem to matter to people like you.

Because you lied.  I wasn't upset with "worriedanne".  You lied to advance your agenda and that tends to piss people off.  It's really not that complicated.