Author Topic: Side/after effects and symptoms from CEDU Schools  (Read 8039 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Side/after effects and symptoms from CEDU Schools
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
In fact, people call me crazy all the time.

Me too. That's because I am. But I was batshit crazy before I ever went to RMA. Bwahahahahaa! Strangely enough, RMA didn't seem to address that problem. That's ok, though. I'd be lonely without all of the voices, and Mr. Dingle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Side/after effects and symptoms from CEDU Schools
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »
Salad, Straight was structured a little differently, but I've felt exactly that and read about it from a lot of other people around here too.

Getting depressed and anxious over getting busted being depressed and anxious. Same toxic head games. You just have to see how the trick works and don't fall for it. Go have fun w/ your friends or, if it's their company in particular that brings on the anxiety, spend time w/ someone who puts you at ease.

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Side/after effects and symptoms from CEDU Schools
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:44 PM »
Considering that I was definitely depressed and asocial beforehand, the only adverse effects for me were/are a tendency toward absolutism and increased callousness.  On the flip-side, the stuff I learned helped me get through my suicidal period in the Navy, and help me cope with schizo/sociopathic ideation (despite medication)... so... <shrug>

(my overall opinion doesn't fit the tone here, so...)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 01:54:54 AM »
Just curious:  how did it help; specifically what was it you learned and in what way did it help you.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 07:01:58 AM »
Quote from: "Namtar"
On the flip-side, the stuff I learned helped me get through my suicidal period in the Navy, and help me cope with schizo/sociopathic ideation (despite medication)... so... <shrug>

Ye gods. That sounds rough.

When and where were you stationed? (if  you dont mind my asking)

Also, thanks for serving.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 01:01:27 AM »
Postby Namtar ยป 27 Aug 2009, 19:33
Considering that I was definitely depressed and asocial beforehand, the only adverse effects for me were/are a tendency toward absolutism and increased callousness. On the flip-side, the stuff I learned helped me get through my suicidal period in the Navy, and help me cope with schizo/sociopathic ideation (despite medication)... so... <shrug>

(my overall opinion doesn't fit the tone here, so...)

Seems to me you fully fit the tone here.  You were depressed and anti-social before going there.  They didn't cure you of that.  You are now leaning towards absolutism and callousness so you didn't become some "better person" by attending one of these schools.   And eventually you were considering suicide... Sounds to me like you walked away from your experience there and the fake tools they gave you, and for one brief shining moment, you retook control, didn't take your own life and have a solid grip on what problems you have today and are willing to face them.  Right on!  Trust me, the stuff you think you learned were not what saved you.  

My problems are the complete opposite.  I was never depressed before RMA but have suffered from it since leaving there and realizing nothing there helped me, but ruined my relationship with my family.  Before RMA I never ever considered suicide.  After RMA I tried on three separate occasions.  I took abut 250 sleeping pills, no affect.  Then I hung myself twice, rope broke the first time, second time I have no logical explanation for.  But RMA didn't cure me.  I should never have been considering suicide. I should never have become depressed due to feeling abnormal, not a normal person in society, awkward around friends, unwelcome by my parents.  Before RMA I felt I could do anything.  After RMA I had doubts, still have doubts, can't get my shit together to really accomplish much of anything.  Everything seems like too big of a mountain to climb including getting up in the morning.  I have no real pleasure in any aspect of my life.  I spend probably eight to ten hours a day fantasizing about how my life could have been so much better and it usually starts with my NOT going to RMA.  

I equate graduating from one of these schools to someone going in to prison in 1950 and coming out in 2009 and having no clue...no idea what's going on.  No skills worth a damn.  No sense of belonging.  Everything moving way too fast.  People you used to know seem different, but you know it is you who has changed.  Before you got out of prison you were sure you had a good idea of what you were going to go do with your life, but somehow, right after leaving and for years after you realize your plan wasn't based on reality because you lived in such a strange place for so long you lost your sense of reality. You still feel guilty for all your crimes, even though you were probably innocent to begin with, but you were made to believe you were a horrible person, so you came to believe it too.  

That's how I felt after leaving RMA, how I still feel today and it was 23 years ago when I graduated.

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 02:01:20 AM »
That captures much of my feelings also. I never talked to anyone about Cedu after leaving, if anything all I could really get across was 'that place was fucked up', but it was very disturbing to me that I knew no one could really understand. More accurately I thought others felt that this place helped them for the most part, and I thought Cedu genuinely was intending to give insighful knowledge. But since it didn't work for me it made me think that I somehow failed at it or didn't get it, which is a painful reflection after having given so much of myself there.

Some years after cedu I ran into some kid who went there a different time from me. He immediately started spouting about how much it helped his family and was good for him. I pretty much went bat shit, completely out of control. I went on some tyrade probably saying things like 'you must like telling your story and listening to sick disclosures', whatever I could have said to make him leave. The change came over me like night and day, this simple encounter that I was not expecting involving that place so many years ago still threatened me enough to snap in a way I can only equate to ptsd.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 03:21:13 AM »
Yeah, it is a rude awakening when you finally realize what they did to you.

My closest buddy got married about ten years ago.  So this was 14 years after we had graduated.  He told her about the place and she said, "It was a cult."  And he tried to defend it but couldn't.  And then when he told me, I was like.... well, not a cult!  It was strange and all but a cult?  And then as we discussed it, how absolutely bizarre it all was and how none of it was based in reality I finally had to accept that I had attended a cult, based on the cults Synanon, EST, LifeSpring, concocted by a furniture salesman to make money.  

It also took hearing people tell of their own experiences for me to realize I went through that too.  I mainly had focused on the friendship I had made while I was there.  We "talked" about our time there often over the last 24 years, but we never really "discussed" what we did until he tried to explain it to his wife.  She heard his description and without any reservation, from a completely neutral and rational viewpoint, said CULT.  And as we began to really talk about it, and read other peoples statements, it became so crystal clear so quickly.  We didn't really need to be convinced, we just needed to hear someone else, someone we could trust, tell us what we had felt deep down for years.  

And it is because of feelings of guilt I suppose.  Feeling like you were supposed to have been cured, but knowing you weren't, but assuming everyone else was and you were somehow the only one who just didn't get it.  

But what truly made it clear for me is the complete inability to be able to describe the place and the things we went through so someone who was not there could actually understand.  And because it is so impossible to easily explain something we were so familiar with, in language an ordinary person could grasp, sealed it for me.  I knew it was a cult because only a cult would be so odd as to defy normal description.  (Not to say a cult is the ONLY thing that is hard to describe.)  Just that the experiences we went through were so far from normal, so far out of touch with reality as others understand it, that you are left feeling like you are describing being abducted by aliens.  Nobody believes you.  The things you are talking about defy both accurate description and therefore accurate understanding.  Like trying to tell someone how it feels to be water boarded and they don't think what you are describing could possibly be THAT bad!

The CEDU Documentary did a good job with Raps.  They said, "You really have no idea what it is like to have fifteen people get up, move across the room from you, knowing they are all about to scream at the top of their lungs at you."  And most people don't have any idea what that is like and would have trouble truly understanding.  

And NOT being able to clearly explain CEDU, RMA or any of the other places leaves you feeling awkward and a little helpless.  Like you are trying to describe in detail a nightmare you had a couple of nights before where you are saying, "And you were there, but it wasn't really you.  I mean it was, but you looked like someone else, but I knew it was you because when you told me to grab the grapefruit... or was it the sewing machine?..well anyway, you were there and we were running for some reason, trying to get to the bus station but I can't remember why, but they needed grapefruits.  And I just remember you kept getting your feet stuck in wet cement and you kept sinking deeper and deeper and I kept trying to help you because we were in a hurry, but every time I tried to scream at you to hurry I dropped the grapefruit and it kept rolling across the freeway, which was weird because we were at school and there's no freeway there, and your mom kept driving by us and she wouldn't help..."  

That's how I feel when I try and describe RMA and the stuff we did there.  Like I am trying to describe a dream I had that is hard to remember and full of such nonsense nobody takes it seriously.