Author Topic: Orange Bowl  (Read 927 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Orange Bowl
« on: October 02, 2009, 02:07:33 AM »
the only great memories i have of the orange bowl is having season tickets, going to every game with my dad, and watching the dolphins go 17-0.

and later on - beginning in '83, watching the hurricanes demolish any team that made the mistake of scheduling miami. namely notre dame, the gators and fsu.

there ain't no good seed memories at the orange bowl.

thankfully i overcame that seed brainwashing. i thank my father for that.

i sang at the orange bowl, i recall coming home covered in spit. i'll never forget that stinking smell covering me.

you think that is fun?

it was my father who came home and found out i was in that gulag, and it was he who talked me out of that nonsense.

an aside:

my dad kept his boat anchored at the jockey club. he actually punched out art barker, one time when he ran into him in the jockey club bar. barker was supposed to be "clean" but according to my father, he was drunk, and had a drink. my father asked what he was drinking and it was vodka gimlets. my father was pissed off beyond belief. he ordered a vodka gimlet and walked over to barker and said this ones on me. barker thanked him and as soon as barker took the drink, my father punched him out.

from what i heard, barker was screaming for help, and nobody would help him.

finally my father relented, and barker ran out of the place, crying like a child.

when he was far enough away from my father, he yelled back something like - i'll get you for this.

my dad ran after barker, but he couldn't catch him.

barker never made good on his threat and as far as my father knows - never returned to the jockey club either.

where he most assuredly was not wanted.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: Orange Bowl
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 07:27:35 AM »
I bet by the time Art got back to the building your dad had turned into a fucking Mafia hit man out to get him for getting his customers off drugs.  :rofl:

Isn't selective memory amazing, though? The Super Seedlings (SS) don't seem to even remember getting heckled and spit on. My bro is the same way. Doesn't remember a single unpleasant thing happening, only warm glowing memories. I know he was there when a girl ate an entire tube of toothpaste hoping to kill herself with a fluoride overdose. The only way I know that happened was that he was in the program at the time. No memory of it at all.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
i guess her mother thought it better to o.d. on toothpaste than pot. or 714's. or the heroin that never showed it's ugly face.

if they had waited another decade. it would have been the evil coke. then again, i think the disco era was a lot more evil than the coke that went along with it. i mean really, those polyester suits and screwed down hairdos.

and to think... only a few decades earlier, bayer, and coca cola, and the likes were selling it all legally.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:46:05 AM »
great memories - the orange bowl. the tropical park. the alligator alley debaucle.

yeah. great.