Author Topic: Saying " I love you "  (Read 3387 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: Saying " I love you "
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
There is only one person on this planet I say "I love you" to, with full annunciation and with full sincerity, and that is my fiancee/wife. She is everything to me.

Close friends who have earned my trust get "love you, man."

Everyone else can fuck themselves.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »
Dude, what, and your cat gets nada?

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »
When I owned and cared for dogs myself,I finally learned what it was like to be loved in earnest.I believe that no person is capable of loving another person like a dog does its master.On a three week cruise,three bachelors all said the same thing,that they most look forward to reuniting with their dogs.Sound like a coincidence?I don't think so.It's nice to be loved.A man can't be a mother so possibly a mother to her child rivals that of a dog to their master,except in my family.
When my oldest daughter was born,I started experiencing mood swings that called for thorazine,forget the prozac or lithium.I thought that only women could have post-partum.Here it was,this baby girl and I was just so overwhelmed with emotion and unable to show it because the after-effects of so many "bumps" from the past 35 years were still unresolved.It would be nice to blame it on Str8,but that wouldn't be honest.Having a father without even a shred of paternal instincts for his son along with the other sewage,such as str8,could no longer be denied.Love,to me,is undeniably action,not emotion.Saying I love you in deeds is far more important than those three words that seem difficult for the honest to say,yet flows very easily from the lips of liars.

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »
:bump:

My sympathies for coping with this emotional minefield. Love and trust are so closely linked in the human heart.

I have no personal experience in a program, so forgive me if I misunderstand. But it's not surprising that love would be difficult or confusing considering what program survivors have been through. I have often wondered how my niece will ever learn to trust anyone, especially adults, after what was done to her.

It sounds like having your whole emotional system re-wired. Are you angry? Then hug! Do you despise someone? Tell them you love them! Do you miss your parents? They love you so much they sent you away!

This is a recipe for madness.

I'm guessing that for many people it would take years of work to understand (again) what love and trust really look like, and to learn to love and trust in return. The corporations that run programs should never be allowed to treat anyone like this. Ever.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 02:03:51 PM »
Quote from: "amore"
Dude, what, and your cat gets nada?

lol. Oops!

my cats get: "who's a cat? are you a cat? youre a cat! are you a member of the feline persuasion? yes you are! a boooghie boooghie boo!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 07:40:28 PM »
We are among the very few animals who have the actual ability to chemically bond with something. There is an amazing chemical in our brains called Oxytocin. Oxytocin is released during times of intimate bonding. Just so happens that the human Oxytocin receptors are very near our pleasure receptors.... so when we release oxytocin.. we are rewarded by our pleasure receptors. Animals like cats and dogs have fairly close receptors also, but not as close as humans. Interestingly enough, Prairie Voles and some birds have very close ones too.. encouraging them to "mate for life". When these receptors are turned off in laboratory animals, (through the use of the same drug that inhibits heroin and morphine from reaching their "pleasurable" receptors.. It's called Narc-X or something - given to overdosed patients), these "receptor blocked" animals, who are genetically wired for peaceful - monogamous sociability, begin to show extreme signs of aggression and will mate randomly with any animal in the cage.

This oxytocin is being heavily studied now to gain a better understanding of how and why people "love" anything.. and why and why not do some people have no ability or desire to remain monogamous in relationships. It is possible that the pleasure receptors that should reward us for releasing oxytocin can become damaged, turned off, or degenerated through various traumas.. including emotional types.

It will be very interesting to learn more about this Oxytocin as more information is discovered.

Science does know that this chemical is heavily produced during situations like sex, breastfeeding and new "partner type" relationships, and is released in smaller amounts during any social interactions. It is no wonder we bond easily with cats and dogs... and why they bond with us. It is proven that reptiles are wired completely different.. They produce very small amounts of oxytocin and their pleasure receptors are quite far from the oxytocin receptors... Reptiles do not have the genetic / evolutionary make up to actually feel.. "love" at all.

Sorry so long.. But hey I am learning very interesting stuff in Biology =) Wow, I love school! Never thought I'd ever get a chance to go back..

<3 Withdraw
Peace2uall!

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 07:54:20 PM »
I remember reading about that! I thought it was fascinating that when a human looks at something they find cute, its the same chemical reaction to being high. (well, in very basic terms.)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
All you need is DRUGS
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 11:50:56 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
We are among the very few animals who have the actual ability to chemically bond with something. There is an amazing chemical we can put in our brains called Oxycontin. Oxycontin is released by cruching the pill in a spoon, adding water, and heating it.  Draw it up in a syringe and mainline it.  It's EVEN BETTER than the chemical interactions we call "love". Just so happens that the human Oxycontin receptors are very near our pleasure receptors.... so when we mainline oxycontin,.. we are rewarded by our pleasure receptors. Animals like cats and dogs have fairly close receptors also, but not as close as humans. Interestingly enough, Prairie Voles and some birds have very close ones too.. encouraging them to "stay high for life".

When these receptors are turned off in laboratory animals, (through the use of the same drug that inhibits heroin and morphine from reaching their "pleasurable" receptors.. It's called Narc-X or something - given to overdosed patients), these "receptor blocked" animals, who are genetically wired for peaceful - monogamous sociability, begin to show extreme signs of sickness and will piss or shit randomly in the cage.

This oxycontin is being heavily abused now to gain a better ability to cope with the bullshit that surrounds us.. and what the fuck is with people have no ability or desire to remain high all the time?  It is possible that the pleasure receptors that should reward us for releasing oxytocin can become damaged, turned off, or degenerated through various traumas.. including emotional types-----which is why survivors of Straight and other programs need to mainline about twice the amount a non-survivor would need.

It will be very interesting to learn more about this Oxycontin as more prescriptions are beig written and filled.

Science does know that this chemical is heavily produced in pharmaceutical labs all across the country.  It is no wonder we bond easily with hookers and junkies... and why they bond with us. It is proven that people who think Straight "saved" them are wired completely different.. They have very small genitals and their pleasure receptors are quite far from the oxycontin receptors... Straightlings do not have the genetic / evolutionary make up to actually feel.. "love" at all.

I concur........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 01:31:22 PM »
Love. It is not easy for me to fall in love. And I think I feel like its impossible. I think I am just numb. I don't know if I am capable. Or if I can trust. Or if anyone is truly deserving of it. I don't mean fidelity, I mean emotionally, over time. I think its one of those things that will fall through the cracks for me. Right now, all my college friends are married and seem so happy on their facebook pages and it sort of kills me.