General Interest > The Melting Pot

Movie Reviews

<< < (2/4) > >>

Anonymous:
I recently rewatched the timeless Raudy Ray Moore Blaxploitation classics Dolemite, Petey Wheatstraw--The Devil's Son-In-Law, and Disco Gadfather (aka Avenging Disco Godfather).   Excellent stuff.  I particularly like the angel dust freakout scenes in DG.  Also, Pucci Jones as "The Angel of Death" doing her seductive interpretive PCP nightmare dance is, by itself,  worth the price of rental.

seamus:
I had the "Rebel Yell Bourbon " film festival recently.featuring,Trainspotting,28dayslater,and the winner of the "wild world of seamus award winning" Sid and Nancy.  Icant wait for the "Jose Cuervo BLACK film festival" Prolly be "the wild bunch"(my alltime fave} and 30 days of night or a zombie flick of some sort.

try another castle:

--- Quote from: "Che Gookin" ---Ironic similarity between the ending of Deer Hunter with Christopher Walken shooting himself in the head and CEDU imploding due to a 30 million dollar lawsuit.
--- End quote ---

That flick definitely needed moar cowbell.

I think my favorite walken flick is Suicide Kings. Amazingly enough, Denis Leary apparently worked off-script for the film and his lines were all improv, which amazed me, since he's a huge rip-off hack who has a boner for new york firemen.

Che Gookin:
Suicide Kings is that flick where they kidnap Walken and then everything promptly goes to shit?

try another castle:

--- Quote from: "Che Gookin" ---Suicide Kings is that flick where they kidnap Walken and then everything promptly goes to shit?
--- End quote ---

yeah.. a bunch of spoiled white boys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version