Author Topic: Mount Bachelor lawsuits explodes  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Mount Bachelor lawsuits explodes
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:29:14 PM »
A lot of former students want to joun the party. Various headlines:

More Suits Against MBA (by Heather Roberts, My Central Oregon, August 25, 2011)

17 people now claim they were mistreated at 'tough love' Mount Bachelor Academy (Oregon Live, August 24, 2011)

Eight more former students have joined a lawsuit against a "tough love" boarding school in Central Oregon that was shut down by the state in 2009 over the way it treated the troubled teens in its care.  

Attorney Kelly Clark said todaythe growing number of plaintiffs will make it harder for the owners of the former Mount Bachelor Academy to deny they mistreated students in the name of rehabilitation.  

The new plaintiffs bring to 17 the number of people saying they were mistreated at the school.  

A year after closing the school, the Oregon Department of Human Services reached a settlement with the owners that withdrew the suspension but maintained the investigation was justified.  

The school's owners have denied any abuse took place.

Comments to the last link made on the homepage of the newspaper

Mojo77 August 24, 2011 at 3:03PM
The school's owners have denied any abuse too place.

Ummm,edit check?

lentball August 24, 2011 at 3:42PM
Wimps!

fedup August 24, 2011 at 5:42PM
The suspension was withdrawn because the schools owners voluntarily closed the school and not because of a lack of justification. The permanent closing of the school was legal maneuvering on the part of the owners to force the closer of the suspension investigation in hopes that further condemning evidence would not be found and used against them in pending lawsuits. From top to bottom, everyone involved, needs to go to jail over the school condoned physical and mental abuse that was inflicted upon the students.

PullYourHeadOut1 August 24, 2011 at 5:45PM
Hey, I was mistreated there too. Send me a pile of cash to make me feel better!

fedup August 24, 2011 at 6:49PM
Don't take this to lightly. There was one student that never came home from there. He died at the hands of their mistreatment!

anon497 August 25, 2011 at 10:29AM
I have no personal knowledge of the Mount Bachelor Academy (MBA) program, but I have read accounts from some persons who were employed by or otherwise affiliated with the program, or similar programs operated by the parent company.

From their description of these programs (and also some written materials circulated by MBA and its parent company), my impression was that MBA (and its affiliated programs) seemed to be utilizing certain techniques reminiscent of those used in the old Communist "re-education camps."

It also was my impression that the overriding objective of MBA and its affiliated programs was not so much to help children-- though that might be an incidental benefit for some-- but rather to persuade desperate parents to "enroll" children, and then keep the parents paying (or often, to force public school districts to pay) the lucrative fees charged by MBA (and its affiliated programs).

Just my impression. Some others may see it differently.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »