Author Topic: Does anyone know in St. Pete the Straight Bld was located  (Read 6784 times)

Offline romulusmagnas

• View Profile
Does anyone know in St. Pete the Straight Bld was located
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2002, 03:33:00 PM »
On 2002-04-03 16:13:00, Kenterprises wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know in St. Pete the Straight Bld was located, Not the one that was By Tyrone Square mall but before that, I went to all the  sites looking but non mention a address location. I know Mike said it was on Park Blvd. but does anyone remember how to get there? what is a cross street, and I would be comming from Tampa side accross the gandy bridge any directions would be appreciated.Even thought the bld. is not Straight Inc. anymore, but I wanted to drive by. and if these camps were so great to all the news media why were they always hidden away and the only ones that knew where they were were the ones stuck in them ???Hmmmm Thanks

Hey Man, it was/is on 40th street and 8th avenue - there used to be a railroad track that ran right by it but they have since removed the tracks and repleced them with the bike trail - the pinellas trail I think the call it, I went by it not long ago and it was still standing there, what a wretched place. Where you there then? I was too, what's your real name? Who do you remember from that time? were you from st pete?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline romulusmagnas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2002, 03:37:00 PM »
On 2002-04-06 04:14:00, Kenterprises wrote:
Nope, that was not the same bld I was in. Must of been the next one. The TIN bld I was in sat off the main rd which I think was either starkey rd, or park blvd. Kind of like an industrial area. It was the last bld they were in before they moved by Tyrone Square mall.

The one your talking about was off of Park Street near 46th avenue north - it set back off the road a few hundred yards, it's still there too. It was a sembler building and was the second location. There was a building a bit closer to the mall but is was the old seed building. Hope this helps you.

Offline romulusmagnas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2002, 03:39:00 PM »
On 2002-05-13 14:59:00, GregFL wrote:
no one mentioned that the Morgan Yacht building was  originally the Seed. Mr. Morgan was  a seed sympathizer and friend of the rich and powerfull people in St Pete.  The original straight board of directors (seed parents) got Mr. Morgan to rededicate the building to straight.  As for the builing being wooden, well, the  very front was a two story office structure, but the vast majority of the building was industrial and metal. The section where group was was actually where they fabricated fiberlass sail boats. Pieces of fiberglass just were laying around everywhere and fiberglass dust permeated the air, in the summer the temp in there rose to over 100 degrees.  A real fucking hell hole.

The old seed building was never used for straight.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2002, 10:53:00 AM »
Well, I have no first hand knowledge of seeing the straight there, but everyone keeps saying the straight was in  morgan yacht building-the Seed was in the Morgan Yacht building. So in less Morgan Yacht owned two buildings dedicated to teenage torture, yep it was.

Offline romulusmagnas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2002, 12:10:00 PM »
On 2002-06-10 07:53:00, GregFL wrote:
Well, I have no first hand knowledge of seeing the straight there, but everyone keeps saying the straight was in  morgan yacht building-the Seed was in the Morgan Yacht building. So in less Morgan Yacht owned two buildings dedicated to teenage torture, yep it was.

I'm sorry but did you actually intend to state that the old seed building was used for straight but that you have no first hand knowledge of it?

Just for anyone reading this who may be confused by it - The old seed building was NEVER used for straight, at no time was straight housed there. Straight went from 40 something street and about 8th ave south, near what is now the pinellas trail but used to be railroad tracks, to a building owned by sembler off of park street near 46th avenue north and from there to out off of gandy blvd. The old seed building, visible from the overpass on tyrone blvd, near tyrone square mall was never at any time used for straight.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2002, 12:28:00 PM »
Interesting.
Many people have told me that the straight relocated to the Morgan Yacht building behind tyrone mall, which was the Seed.Wes and I went by there the other day and shot some pictures.Someone earlier in this thread said "before the straight moved to behind tyrone" or something similar. Also, my father told me that Morgan rededicated the building to Straight, and he was on the board of Straight, Inc.
So, maybe you are right, I wouldn't even step foot in St Pete for four years during the formative years of Straight. Whenever I saw a refernce in print or on tv, I turned it off, that stuff freaked me out, knowing that my father, now estranged, was involved in that madness.
 I was down in Lauderdale and didn't even want to know about the straight.
Then again, maybe you are wrong. I can't really tell. Were you in the program at this time? I know they jumped around from location to location a bit.

Offline romulusmagnas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2002, 12:54:00 PM »
On 2002-06-10 09:28:00, GregFL wrote:
Interesting.

Many people have told me that the straight relocated to the Morgan Yacht building behind tyrone mall, which was the Seed.Wes and I went by there the other day and shot some pictures.Someone earlier in this thread said "before the straight moved to behind tyrone" or something similar. Also, my father told me that Morgan rededicated the building to Straight, and he was on the board of Straight, Inc.

So, maybe you are right, I wouldn't even step foot in St Pete for four years during the formative years of Straight. Whenever I saw a refernce in print or on tv, I turned it off, that stuff freaked me out, knowing that my father, now estranged, was involved in that madness.

I was down in Lauderdale and didn't even want to know about the straight.

Then again, maybe you are wrong. I can't really tell. Were you in the program at this time? I know they jumped around from location to location a bit.

Yes, I was among the first hundred victims and was incarcerated there when they moved from the "train station" to the building off of park street and, as I said they later moved out to gandy. Again, at no time was straight housed in the old seed building visible from the tyrone blvd overpass.

While I got you here, when you were in st pete what school did you go to? You mention your father and that brings to mind a general question that I have, of anyone, now being the father of four I've wondered from time to time since those days and more so since I've become a father what do the parents of all those who suffered such tremendous abuses think, what do they say to their kids these days, how did they react when all this stuff came to light? I don't speak much to my mother, holidays and the rare phone call, etc., plus the fact that I was in and out of there while they were still pretty much on their good behavior and never suffered the worst of the abuses they perpetrated later, but its always boggled my mind how a parent could relinquish their children to such horrors. I guess they got fooled like the rest did.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2002, 01:35:00 PM »
I am glad you posted because we have been throwing this morgan yacht building thing around for about two years. Anyway, I went to Lakewood, but left at 16 because my father was trying to throw me back in. I was in the Seed in 1973 at age 14. I know the original staff members whom were at the straight, they were all seed grad's, mostly from lakewood. I know where several of them are now. The original staff members were all Seed parents, the original intake lady was the Seed intake lady. If anyone ever asked you if you were in the Seed, the correct answer should be "well, yes and no" because it really is the same shit, different day.

Were you at the convention? Some guy that said he was among the first victims got really rude and started  berating people at the hotel, and him and I got in an argument. Hope that wasn't you, but if it was, no big deal.

Yeah, the parents got fooled. some of them still are and think they saved their kids, not realiizing the stole their childhood and scarred many for life. Thank god that today the only affect it is having on me is posting to these message boards.

email me at [email protected] for details or personal questions you may have about individuals that were there when you were. I also have some questions for you. I really feel uncomfortable mentioning those still alive by name that were there on a public forum.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2002-06-10 10:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2002-06-10 10:37 ]

Offline romulusmagnas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2002, 02:09:00 PM »
On 2002-06-10 10:35:00, GregFL wrote:

I am glad you posted because we have been throwing this morgan yacht building thing around for about two years. Anyway, I went to Lakewood, but left at 16 because my father was trying to throw me back in. I was in the Seed in 1973 at age 14. I know the original staff members whom were at the straight, they were all seed grad's, mostly from lakewood. I know where several of them are now. The original staff members were all Seed parents, the original intake lady was the Seed intake lady. If anyone ever asked you if you were in the Seed, the correct answer should be "well, yes and no" because it really is the same shit, different day.

Were you at the convention? Some guy that said he was among the first victims got really rude and started  berating people at the hotel, and him and I got in an argument. Hope that wasn't you, but if it was, no big deal.

Yeah, the parents got fooled. some of them still are and think they saved their kids, not realiizing the stole their childhood and scarred many for life. Thank god that today the only affect it is having on me is posting to these message boards.

email me at [email protected]

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2002, 07:44:00 PM »
So what was the building out near tyrone square mall used for.  There was all kinds of fiberglass dried all over the floor.  I was told that that building was used for building yachts prior to Straight.  Maybe they had more than one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2002, 08:37:00 AM »
Hi, I was in St. Incorporated in 1984-1985. A friend of mine that was in the program as well told me about this web site. I too cannot remember the street Straight was on, but could definitly drive right to it. When I was on 5th phase, I visited my X-"druggie boyfriend" and was being put back on third phase. Needless to say 14 months and 4 days was enough for me, I was 18 and then was considered a "cop-out". I left the program and returned to a NORMAL kind of life!

Lora

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2002, 08:15:00 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone know in St. Pete the Straight Bld was located, Not the one that was By Tyrone Square mall but before that, I went to all the  sites looking but non mention a address location. I know Mike said it was on Park Blvd. but does anyone remember how to get there? what is a cross street, and I would be comming from Tampa side accross the gandy bridge any directions would be appreciated.Even thought the bld. is not Straight Inc. anymore, but I wanted to drive by. and if these camps were so great to all the news media why were they always hidden away and the only ones that knew where they were were the ones stuck in them ???Hmmmm Thanks
I think that you are referring to the elusive Milton Roy Building.  It was on Park Street around the 4400 block.  It was near Boca Ciega Bay/Bayou and it's isolation insured very few sucessful attempts at split-ting from the program.  It was by far the largest Straight Building and at the time I was there the group topped off at 287 kids. The building was in use from around August of 1976 to August 1979 when it moved to the Morgan Yacht Building on Anvil Street by Tyrone Mall.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2002, 09:27:00 AM »
On 2002-06-28 05:15:00, Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

I think that you are referring to the elusive Milton Roy Building.  It was on Park Street around the 4400 block.  It was near Boca Ciega Bay/Bayou and it's isolation insured very few sucessful attempts at split-ting from the program.  It was by far the largest Straight Building and at the time I was there the group topped off at 287 kids. The building was in use from around August of 1977 to August 1978 when it moved to the Morgan Yacht Building on Anvil Street by Tyrone Mall.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2002, 09:56:00 AM »
On 2002-06-28 05:15:00, Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

I think that you are referring to the elusive Milton Roy Building.  It was on Park Street around the 4400 block.  It was near Boca Ciega Bay/Bayou and it's isolation insured very few sucessful attempts at split-ting from the program.  It was by far the largest Straight Building and at the time I was there the group topped off at 287 kids. The building was in use from around August of 1976 to August 1979 when it moved to the Morgan Yacht Building on Anvil Street by Tyrone Mall.
Yep, the old Seed building, as I said earlier in this thread.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2002, 02:01:00 PM »
The Straight Bld in St. Pete is off of Park Blvd. When you come over the Gandy Bridge from Tampa you keep going forward and it will put you on Park Blvd. I think there is a sign. The building isn't far, about two or three miles down the road on the right. You have to get to it by another side road, frontage road, that runs parallel to Park Blvd. It looks like a big warehouse building, can't remember the name of the business that is there now.