Author Topic: Was cedu middle school the same as cedu running springs?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Was cedu middle school the same as cedu running springs?
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:04:43 PM »
Was cedu middle school the same as cedu running springs? Same campus, different "housing"? Different people? Same people? Any help is appreciated?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Was cedu middle school the same as cedu running springs?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:55:44 AM »
CEDU running springs was on the Running Springs campus along with Hilltop.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline wild thing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »
Hilltop waw actually a few miles from the CEDU campus off of highway 18.  It was defunct by 1999 and used for an older peer group...that didn't work out and it was then used for administration and admissions (Jon Prinz's old house).  It was ultimately sold off.  The middle school was at the entrance to CEDU and was originally the homes of staff when staff lived on campus.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 03:44:06 PM »
Quote from: "wild thing"
Hilltop waw actually a few miles from the CEDU campus off of highway 18.  It was defunct by 1999 and used for an older peer group...that didn't work out and it was then used for administration and admissions (Jon Prinz's old house).  It was ultimately sold off.  The middle school was at the entrance to CEDU and was originally the homes of staff when staff lived on campus.

Was it run differently then was the rest of CEDU? The same? Anything unique about how it was run.  I know they used the kids as slaves, same as the rest of CEDU.
Thank you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 09:39:26 PM »
Well, based on my experience ('89-91), it wasn't the same as what I've read about CEDU...  Yes, they pushed emotional expression and used sociological stuff.  But, it wasn't the same campus, no slavery involved (drudgery as punishment only (ex: clearing roads of snow or cleaning up litter)), respect to students from counselers, and many students were friends with the counselers.

The downside was student-run rings for substance use and other unacceptable behaviors (one had just been fixed before I arrived, one was ongoing (I never noticed) during my last year).