Author Topic: Survivor of Kids Of NJ  (Read 5840 times)

Offline lgood1

• View Profile
Survivor of Kids Of NJ
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2002, 06:42:00 PM »
Sorry,
I'm still a novice on computers, but I guess you got the messege.
Larry
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline lgood1

• View Profile
Survivor of Kids Of NJ
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2002, 06:45:00 PM »
Sorry,
I'm still a computer novice, but I guess you got the messege.
Larry

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Survivor of Kids Of NJ
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2002, 07:19:00 PM »
Really? Tell me more? Where do you meet? How long have you been meeting? What's it like? I know that the best thing about visiting with my family for a weekend is that it cures homesickness for an entire year or more. How do you avoid turning back into Group?

I've always figured I've had about all the help I can stand and depended on organically occuring relationships instead. It's worked out very well for me and I highly recomend it to others. That's the devil's advocate speaking.

The devil's prosecutor, otoh, is very interested in finding answers to the ever present "what do I do now?" question. So do tell, if you please.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline aillecat2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
Survivor of Kids Of NJ
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2002, 10:54:00 AM »
On 2002-04-10 00:53:00, Forever Young wrote:
I need help! I discovered these sites almost two years ago and since have been thinking about it since leaving the nest.  I went years thinking nothing of it.  Does anyone have any idea how fucked up I (lots of us) are because of that hole.  I like many others revert to myself in crisis and suffered horrific depression for a long time.  I feel like giving up.  I just don't see hope anymore.  I have little coping skills and have lost everything in the past few months.  I can't fight anymore.  I have cornered myself and fear I have no where to turn now.  My significant other left me (on my birthday) and since have been holed up at home.  I can't even pick up the phone.  Haven't eaten a meal in days.  Can't sleep.  Off on sick benefits (and never not worked in over 10 years).  I can honestly say I have no desire to look for work or have the ability to anyhow.  I lost my job when my depression got worse.  Which started after being haunted by these sites; realizing how much I had not dealt with after leaving Kids.  I have no friends, no family and soon no home.  I am scared I won't make it this time.  I see myself as getting weaker not stronger now.  Maybe it's just easier giving up because I have nothing anymore.  But I am hanging in there.  Yesterday I had hopefull thoughts and today I was scared of my actions.  

I was in Kids of NJ 89-90 and am a Canadian.

OK, so you aren't the only one :smile:

It was close to 8 years after being out when I totally broke down, it was also after finally finding information on the internet that let me know I wasn;t crazy about what happened. Shortly after I was in a psyche ward for 3 days, I had totally fallen apart, I have since been "treated" for PTSD, found out so much more about myself in the past 27 years than I ever knew before. Some really freaky things about why I don't remember most of KIDS of NJ...

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, much of this is difficult to process, but there is another side to come out on, and we come out better. Keep on keepin' on, k?
quot;$solution = undef() until $solution != /coersion/;\" -Antigen