Author Topic: Fame Haven and sustaining nurture  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Fame Haven and sustaining nurture
« on: August 12, 2009, 06:31:39 PM »
Anybody from Sarasota remember Fame Haven? I was just thinking about that place and Willy today. In Straight they used to tell horror stories about the place. I was a little scared when I landed there but soon realized I had landed up in just about the most mellow place I could have hoped for under the circumstances.

And I especially remember Willy. He had already turned 18 a couple of months prior but wouldn't leave. It was home to him and, frankly, despite the law and funding issues and all that, nobody really wanted him to leave. He was everybody's body guard at need. They even had a stated policy for Straight refugees. We couldn't leave the property for any reason unless accompanied by at least 5 people or Willie. LOL He was a big brother to the younger kids and often the most level headed person in the room when the shit was about to hit the fan in one form or fashion. But the one thing that really won me over was this one night Rosie, the cook, came back after work pretty tipsy and most down in the mouth. She was cryin into her cheap whisky, as it were. Willy got her dancing and laughing talking about how hot older chicks are and what a great dancer she was.

Just by reminding me how normal, decent people act, Willy kept me from losing my grip in a very difficult situation. I wonder how life has turned out for him. On the  off chance that anybody has stayed in touch with him please give him my regards. :rose:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Re: Fame Haven and sustaining nurture
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 05:52:42 PM »
at a point in time , I knew 4-5 girls from Fame Haven,god the things you forget over time.It was kind of a "dating prereqisite " for me once apon a time ago. I never new Willie,but had heard of him. Talk about a blast from the past......
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:32:40 AM »
It was a pretty chill place. What you mean dating prerequisite? Like you wouldn't date anybody else?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »
Not in an exclusive sense, Its just that post program I seemed to develop an ability to well,sniff out females with "daddy issues", so I was with a couple of fame haven girls, I seem to recall also a couple o ex-life program girlies as well. I was kinda w/o scruples at the time. I thought willie was a staff minion but shit memories of 25+ years ago aint always so sharp. man I hadnt thought of that period of time in ages.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad