Author Topic: Mid American Turns Kids Over to Mormons  (Read 18794 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Mid American Turns Kids Over to Mormons
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »
Best reason to stay away from Mormons:  Most of them are Repuglicans!! And they support the fascist White House and their fascist senator Orin Hatch! The Road to Hell is paved with Republicans!!

ex-Mormon,
Jack
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »
On 2004-09-28 15:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Please do not feed the trolls."

I am a troll? Or is it that you already know you will never win a debate with me? If your not ready to defend your beliefs don't post them on an open forum.

How about don't feed the idiots. Survival of the fittest etc.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »
No, but it is important to know what your dealing with.

http://www.utlm.org/index.htm

http://helpthechildbrides.com/

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »
On 2004-09-29 08:56:00, BuzzKill wrote:

When I was in Straight, Inc. and made 3rd phase (allowed to go to school) my mother sent me to a fundamantalist Baptist school. I thought that odd, since I'd been raised Methodist before moving to a Presby church and school. One of the senior girls was betrothed to the 40+ year old (pock faced, 1950's dressed, scary) pastor. Everybody knew she was an unwilling bride. Everyone felt sorry for her.

It's not the brand name of the religion that matters. Fanatacism is fanatacism. Then there are the outright frauds.

There lives more faith, in honest doubt,
Believe me, than in half the creeds.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0753816571' target='_new'>Alfred Lord Tennyson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »
On 2003-08-19 19:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"no, you didn't just play the race card, did you?  

shame on you blaming every mormon for child abuse.  that's just like catagorizing all of the catholic preists as pedophiles.

i know you didn't just do that"

Of course all Catholic priests are pedophiles--all Mormons, too.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »
//One of the senior girls was betrothed to the 40+ year old (pock faced, 1950's dressed, scary) pastor. Everybody knew she was an unwilling bride. Everyone felt sorry for her. //

Yeah. Me too.
Was this a common thing in that community?
I'm just wondering what was behind it? Was it a sub-culture thing? Some weird family connection?
Its hard to imagine a young girl agreeing to such a thing without it being part of the culture shes raised in. And even then, they often rebel.
Remember Tzeitel?
No old butcher for her.
She loved the Taylor.

One significant difference for the child brides the link is to - they are expected to be part of a bevy of brides - and often at ages barely into their teens.

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »
I brought this thread back from the grave, because I'm new to Utah and living amongst the Mormons.  I love the Mormon people here in the outback, but what I can't stand about them is their ability to coverup for each other.  I've seen this over and over.  

DIRTY SECRETS AND BUSINESS TIES . . . MY NEW SLOGAN TO THE MORMONS HERE WHO WANT TO KEEP QUIET ABOUT SEXUAL ABUSE.  YES, I AM SCREAMING!

When I first moved into the state, Mormon women told me that if you're a Mormon church-going man, and you get caught beating your wife, raping or sexually abusing, the elders will take you to a motel room, have a talk with you and release you back to your victims the next day.  No charges filed.

If you're not a church-going Mormon man, get ready to be fed to the wolves at their sheriff's office, county attorney, child protective services, etc. where surely the victim will have blood relatives (lots of inbreeding has also occurred in some areas that have been relatively shut off from the rest of the world, and still are somewhat).  They will throw the book at you.

In many instances, they don't show much love or compassion as you would imagine (but I see this in all of the religions . . . I am not religious, merely spiritual).  

For instance, it is common practice for the eldest child to inherit all of the wealth of the parents.  The remaining 8-9 kids are without.  So, 1 in 10 gets wealthy, and 9 go away with nothing from mom and dad.  I've seen this create mucho resentment amongst families.

They seem to help themselves to things that you own that they might need.  This is called stealing, and you have to catch them in the act.  Others might know they are doing it and they might be a good friend of yours, but if they're related or a church-going Mormon (vs. "Jack Mormon", non-church-going, there's a difference), they won't tell you.  They'd say, "Why, he would never do that!"

So, to me, the little peon Mormons that I live amongst (vs. the hierarchy of the Church) are pretty good people, living by better moral standards than the rest of our nation.  Where they are really wrong, and gradually changing, is from a free and rampant sexual society ruled by the men, patriarchs who built their dominance and sexual weirdness and ludeness into their religion, as a God-given right.  Pretty hypocritical and totally impossible if you really know God who is not gender driven with His love or compassion.

They lack backbone, and don't like confrontations even if something is drastically wrong.  They like closed doors and secrets.  They don't walk their talk.  

Like you say, it's up to them to clean up their own house, and I certainly have a right to post about my experiences here.

Toni

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595093852,00.html

BYU newspaper yanks T-shirt ad

Some detect a desire to sin in 'I can't ... I'm Mormon'
By Tad Walch
Deseret Morning News

PROVO ? Managers of the student newspaper at Brigham Young University pulled an advertisement after numerous complaints that it was too offensive for the conservative campus.

Chad Ramos, who capitalizes on "Mormon speak" in order to sell T-shirts, is surprised ? but not particularly disappointed ? at the furor at BYU over his "I can't" T-shirts.

Stuart Johnson, Deseret Morning News
      The ad campaign began at the start of the month and sparked a big stir over a T-shirt with a simple phrase ? "I Can't ... I'm Mormon."
      Students, professors and administrators felt the slogan implied wearers wished they could drink, smoke or have casual sex but were prevented only because they are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
      One letter to the editor in the student paper was particularly sarcastic: "I can't, I'm Mormon, but if I wasn't, you know I'd be there 'cause it sounds sweet!"
      Many also felt the female modeling the shirt in the ad struck an overly provocative pose.
      Both objections surprised the shirt's creator, Utah Valley State College student Chad Ramos. He grew up in Las Vegas and said the phrase served him well when peers asked him to drink or smoke while he went to high school in an area with a large LDS population.
      "I found if I told people I didn't drink, they didn't know how to react," he said, "but if I said, I can't, I'm Mormon, they said, 'Oh,' and boom, it was over."
      So Ramos was stunned by the backlash at BYU.
      "I didn't identify with it. I couldn't even relate," he said. "Anybody who's lived outside Utah has said this a hundred times."
      One upset student, Joseph King, a freshman from Olathe, Kan., asked Universe officials to pull the ad. They told him he could start a petition and take it to the administration, but a meeting Thursday spared King the effort.
      The Newsnet Advisory Board met about other topics Thursday but discussed the controversy. Newsnet is the combined operation of student newspaper, KBYU's student news show and a Web site shared by the two.

The advisory board includes Jan Scharman, vice president for student life; Carri Jenkins, an assistant for communications to BYU President Cecil Samuelson; and the dean and chair over the communications department.
      Jenkins said administrators expressed opinions, but no mandate was given and no decision reached.
      After the meeting, Newsnet general manager Jim Kelly pulled the plug on the ad, which last ran that morning and was scheduled to run again on Monday and Wednesday of next week. He said the number of complaints warranted the decision.
      "The administration didn't tell us to do anything," Kelly said. "We had feedback from members of the Newsnet advisory council, but at the end of the day, the decision was made by me as general manager of Newsnet."
      Kelly said the Universe rarely pulls ads.
      "We don't frequently pull ads, but in terms of declining to run ads, probably two weeks don't go by that we don't decline ads for the Daily Universe. It is universal among newspapers to exercise the right to refuse ads considered objectionable. We're pleased we have high standards, and we're never apologetic about it."
      Last year, Universe advisers pulled another insert, Sports Illustrated on Campus. The magazine agreed to BYU's terms ? it would not run beer or tobacco ads ? but chose to stop including the weekly insert in the Universe after two incidents. First, the magazine ran a racy ad for a swimsuit issue. A week later there was an article with a photo of nine naked male and female backsides.
      Some observers thought the latest flap was too much about too little.
      For example, the Daily Universe ran an editorial cartoon by David Lesue, a 2003 BYU graduate who works on campus, that made fun of students for overreacting to the T-shirt and its message.

Daily Universe cartoon pokes fun at "offended" students.

Artist David Lesue/The Daily Universe
      He laughed when asked if some students are too easily offended.
      "I would say most letters to the editor in the Universe include the words, 'shocked and appalled,' " he said. "I just don't think it's that big of a deal. There's nothing really wrong with it. There's a difference between making fun of our religion and pointing out the quirks of our culture."
      Ramos said the decision smacks of censorship but didn't object.
      "I love edited movies and edited songs," he said. "I'm not one to fight against some censorship.
      "I'm not going to criticize BYU for making their decision," he said. "They did what they had to do, buckling under pressure. It is a little close-minded."
      As for the protests about the model's pose, Ramos called it flirty, not seductive.
      A dual business-philosophy major at UVSC, Ramos is pleased with his business, done solely online at icantimmormon.com. He and his partner in Nevada have taken 15 orders since the ads began running, and they have sold more than 100 shirts in two months.
      He expects orders to pick up now.
      "That is great," he said of the decision to yank the ad. "I couldn't have asked for better advertising. Everybody will know about us now, and I get my money back."

Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppression of both mind and body will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'> Thomas Jefferson

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
On 2004-09-29 10:03:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2004-09-29 08:56:00, BuzzKill wrote:

When I was in Straight, Inc. and made 3rd phase (allowed to go to school) my mother sent me to a fundamantalist Baptist school. I thought that odd, since I'd been raised Methodist before moving to a Presby church and school. One of the senior girls was betrothed to the 40+ year old (pock faced, 1950's dressed, scary) pastor.
Everybody knew she was an unwilling bride. Everyone felt sorry for her.

That was my point in asking Deborah and the others to justify this whole line of thinking. My captors (as I already said) 99% of them white anglo saxon christians. Guess what they are all sadist in their own right.

It's not the brand name of the religion that matters. Fanatacism is fanatacism. Then there are the outright frauds.

There lives more faith, in honest doubt,
Believe me, than in half the creeds.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0753816571' target='_new'>Alfred Lord Tennyson

"

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »
Personally, in my opinion, yes.  We should bash religion.  In MY opinion they are all set up from the get go to control people.  Just like our precious little cults of the Teen Help Industry

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'>Mark Twain

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »
Here's a story about religion from my local paper. This is a story of two religions in a minor clash; a small band of Lutherans, originally from Finland and a denomination of Unionists. (Trust me on this, Unionism is a fullblown religion around here!)

It's not about really horrendous, dangerous behavior on the part of religious folk. It's just a perspective piece, in the context of this conversation. To some people, sentimentality and cultural history are important enough to go to court. That's touching, at least I think so. I wish I had that kind of solid community foundation.

Would these same people go to bat for a fellow member who was accused continually over the course of years of torturing children? I don't think so.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleyi ... 56933.html

The right of self-defense is the first law of nature . . and when the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.

--St. George Tucker, in his edition of Blackstone's Commentaries

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »
I think I'll go visit
http://www.icantimmormon.com and order a few tee-shirts...............

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »
The organized churches, just like many non-profit groups, are part of the One World Order scheme of things.  They are doing their part to control, yes!

?It?s not just the worker bee enviros who?ve been fed info and programmed to believe that their cause is just and true.  The worldwide players have tentacles extending into every facet of our lives:  schools and universities, government, commerce, investors, leveraged buyout giants, labor unions, banks, religions, drug research and manufacturing, soft drink companies and special interest groups (private foundations and non-profit charities).  We?ve all been affected in one way or another.?

http://www.spirithelps.com/Who%20Is%20Toni.htm

Toni

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »
I'm beginning to tie this youth and adult residential treatment program economy into the Rockefeller's Aspen Institute's "Workforce Strategies Initiative".  You see, they are currently changing America's economy from production to services -- tourist, health, accounting, computer:

"Industry-specific workforce development programs target a particular industry ? and a set of occupations within it ? in order to place disadvantaged people in high quality jobs. These programs become knowledgeable participants in the targeted industry in which they work. They strive to influence industry practice on behalf of low-skilled or otherwise disadvantaged workers by pioneering labor-based innovations that benefit industry and workers. Industry-specific employment projects utilize a range of strategies to achieve these ends, including: operating education and training programs; running for-profit businesses; forging institutional links with educational institutions, employers, unions and industry associations; advocating for policy changes; and providing consulting or other services to firms within the industry."
http://www.aspenwsi.org/index-aboutus.asp

Here's Rockefeller/Aspen's guidebook for candidates and journalists on how to talk to Americans about globalism:

"Rockefeller Brothers Fund, Aspen Institute Release 'U.S. In the World: Talking Global Issues with Americans - A Practical Guide' "
http://www.aspeninstitute.org/index.asp?bid=15450&i=87

Then we have Aspen Education Group that is buying up all of the facilities around the nation, donating to a non-profit for educational consulting training.  Do you think those consultants might have a tendency to send kids to Aspen's programs that help fund their educations?

Aspen Education Group pledges $100,000 to IECA Foundation

"The IECA Foundation is pleased to announce that Aspen Education Group has pledged to contribute $100,000 over the next four years. The contribution has been earmarked specifically for consultant and counselor training as they work with youth in the midst of making educational decisions. The formal announcement was made to the IECA membership and school, college, and program representatives at a luncheon held during IECA's Fall Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona on November 7."
http://www.iecafoundation.org/news/news.htm