Author Topic: Mid American Turns Kids Over to Mormons  (Read 18747 times)

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Mid American Turns Kids Over to Mormons
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2003, 05:18:00 PM »
Mormons certainly have a lot of strange beliefs. I greatly suspect any religion whose living leaders are revered as prophets and members as saints.

More disturbing though is that the founders of Mormonism considered the mark of their status to be life and death power over others and of course having sex with as many 14 year old girls they could get their hands on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline anon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2003, 11:07:00 AM »
Face Kahn,
A Prophet must be alive to prophesi; so that is not unusual. The problem comes from the obviousness they are false prophets. When their prophecies don't come to pass, they claim  added light, to explain the misunderstanding. The thing is, the test of a True Prophet of God is 100% accuracy. Nothing less than 100%. This is b/c God knows and isn't guessing.
Other Prophets may hit the mark now and then - b/c, in my opinion, Satan is extremely intelligent and a very good guesser. But he doesn?t Know - and so his prophets are often mistaken, and so need added light.

But I think the point that is more pertinent here, is the drive to indoctrinate. I can't fault anyone who believes they have good news from sharing it - but its this business of handing out the Book of Mormon to kids held captive and under duress, that I find problematic.
I understand the Mormon drive for missionary work, but this business of using the kids as a captive mission field is an outrage.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2003, 12:58:00 AM »
On 2003-08-20 19:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The stats on child abuse may be higher in Utah because of a lower benchmark for what is considered abuse, resulting in more reports.  In some states, like maybe Tennessee, it is okay for a child to be spanked in school.  It may not be so in Utah.  Don't know for sure, just speculation."

so the point you are making is that you don't have a point???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2003, 12:04:00 PM »
On 2003-08-22 11:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Deborah - you're good a your research.  Tell me, how many Mormons are employed at the wwasp schools in Montana, Iowa, New York and South Carolina?  I wasn't aware there were many Mormons in those parts of the country, nor in Jamaica??  Enlighten us please.  "

Anon, I suggest that you first apologize to the LDS church who have around 100 missionaries in Jamaica and claim to have LDS people in every parish. They have worked very hard and are very proud of this fact.

I am always amazed at how the wwasp supporters react the same predictable way. First they deny. Then when they are shown irrefutable proof they defend. After defending the program they then say "it doesn't matter anyway" or "so what". And through it all they viciously attack in an effort to change the subject.

This time they are denying by remaining silent. We have seen posts stating that parents visit the facilities daily. Why aren't these TB parents responding to anon? TB doesn't try to hide their affiliation with the LDS church. They proudly display the Mormon "Articles of Faith" and "The Living Christ" documents in the office. As for how many Mormons are employed at TB, the kids all know which staff members are Mormon. Nobody there tries to hide it. My FR is Mormon. She didn't try to hide that fact from the parents or the teens.

BTW TB always suggests that visiting parents stay at Sunset Resort where you will find the Book of Mormon in every room. Just further proof that there is a Mormon influence in Jamaica.

The program and seminars rely heavily on the 7 Habits teaching of Stephen Covey. I have read his books and have found them to be helpful but I think readers should be aware of the Mormon influence that is never stated in these books.  Prior to writing the 7 Habits books Covey wrote The Divine Center which includes many of the 7 Habits principles but is clearly about the Mormon faith. There are reviews of this book here:
http://www.anybook4less.com/detail/0884944719.html
Quote from The Divine Center: "I have found in speaking to various non-LDS groups in different cultures that we can teach and testify of many gospel principles if we are careful in selecting words which carry our meaning but come from their experience and frame of mind." A few years later we have The Divine Center rewritten as The 7 Habits books.

So go ahead and defend by bringing up the family values (just ignore the facts posted earlier about child abuse, etc.) Don't forget to attack me for be racist.  :???: Don't forget to insist that by posting these facts I have in some way labeled myself as a victim. We already know it doesn't matter to you what your children are being taught.

Judy

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »
http://www.mormonstoday.com/991212/D2Stock01.shtml

LDS RM Recovers from Wilderness Attack (Last of Runaway Teens in Custody)
Salt Lake Tribune 9Dec99 D2
By Kelly Kennedy and Greg Burton: Salt Lake Tribune

BERYL JUNCTION, UTAH -- An LDS Returned Missionary serving as a youth counselor to a program for wayward youth, is unharmed after the eight youths he and a co-worker were leading on a wilderness camping trip overpowered them and escaped. Kirk "Marty" Stock was beaten with juniper sticks and bound with duct tape along with his co-worker, BYU student Sunshine Fuller. Both Stock and Fuller were otherwise unharmed and all eight youths have been found and accounted for.

Stock and Fuller took the eight 14- to 17-year-old boys on the wilderness excursion as part of the Red Cliff Ascent program, which seeks to help wayward teens gain self confidence. One of the boys persuaded the others to attack Stock and Fuller, tie them up and escape. The counselors had suspected that something was up, and tried to take precautions. "They were following all of their training, and what they did kept the situation from escalating further," said Red Cliff's field supervisor Mitch Cole. "There will be a lot more wariness on the staff from now on, but there won't be any changes made."

http://www.vernal.com/aug29/so.weddings.29.html
Loretta Sue Lind and Gary Daniel Fountaine will be married August 31 in the Vernal Temple. A reception will be held that evening from 7-9 at Kokopelli Park, 145 E. 100 N. An open house will be held from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 22 in Veyo, Utah, 260 W. 500 N.
The bride is the daughter of Kenneth R. Lind of Vernal and the late Sheila E. Lind. She is a 1993 graduate of Uintah High School and has attended the University of Utah. She is transferring to Southern Utah University and is employed as a senior instructor with Red Cliff Ascent, a Wilderness Therapy Program.
The groom is the son of Cynthia Fountaine of Vernal and Gary Fountaine of Veyo. He is a 1989 graduate of Uintah High School. He served a mission in the Uruguay Montevideo Mission and has taught English and Spanish in Taiwan. He has attended the Utah State University. He is employed as the director of staff services at Red Cliff Ascent.
The couple will make their home in Southern Utah.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2003, 10:18:00 PM »
Parents need to be with their children to help them sort through the doctrine of cults Mormanism #1.  How can they do this if their children are locked up- they are losing valuable years.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2003, 04:20:00 PM »
THE ENTIRE MORMON RELEGION IS A CULT, EVEN WWASP STATES THE FACT THAT THERE RELEGION IS WHAT KEEPS THEM USING THESE ABUSIVE METHODS EVERYDAY.

SO ASK WWASP WHERE THEY CAME UP WITH THERE CULT

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »
I find that unless you have personal experience about something,you can't assume you have a clue about how a persons feeling. There are a lot of folks interested in this gross topic of abuse in the mormon church.You are right, it does go on everywhere,just here it is soooooo easy to cover up!Itis not healthy to supress normal and I mean normal sexual feelings.Everyone is too afraid to admit that sex is awesome in the right curcumstances.This is an abusive religon,especially to woman and scary for kids.My whole entire family is morm. I speak openly to my son and daughter about what really goes on behind closed doors and maybe this next generation will stand up and shout for all the silent screams that no one listened too!Please start treating each other, especially our kid's with love acceptance and give them a voice of there own.ABUSE SURVIVOR I WAS A CHILD, NOW I'M 40 I too supressed this,a person should never have to prove there worth.Especially to a man behind a closed door!!!!!!! :cry2:  :cry2:  :cry2:  :cry2:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »
I was also in a cult behavior mod program.  The similarities in the implementation of the "program" of straight, inc and the mormon religion are many.  Exactly why I wrote my ward president and asked to be removed from the church rolls.   Man, that felt darn good too.

Offline spirithelps

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »
Maybe they're getting more respect in the cities, but not so in the country.  The man is in charge, the woman is his helper.  Yes, she may have 5 jobs, but she still cooks when she gets home, even though the rest of the family might have been waiting for hours and could have easily done it for her.

I had a Mormon wife recently ask me about their income tax refund.  Both she and the husband work, both make very good wages, both paid income taxes and filed a joint return together.  He was keeping all of the money for himself, but she had an inkling that part of that money was hers.  This was after years and years of marriage and multiple kids later, but she was just now getting up the nerve to ask.

Toni

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »
mormons are some stupid crackers

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »
I DON'T THINK IT IS PROPER TO USE THIS FORUM TO BASH THE MORMON FAITH OR ANY OTHER FOR THAT MATTER. I HAPPEN TO BE A MORMON - AND MOST OF YOU ARE NOT ON TARGET HERE.  TRUE - THE PEOPLE WHO OWN AND OPPERATE WASSP ARE MORMON.  WHAT'S UNTRUE IS THAT MORMONS ABUSE CHILDREN - NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. THOSE IN THE YOUTH INDUSTRY MAY ABUSE CHILDREN - REGARDLESS OF THEIR FAITH.  
THESE PROGRAMS ARE NOT PROMOTED BY THE MORMON CHURCH.

The only voluntary urine sample they'll get from me is a taste test
--Bumper Sticker

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »
Your right nite owl; for the most part.
I would like to suggest tho, that the LDS really do need to step up to the plate on this and put a stop to it.
The LDS are vastly wealthy and powerful, and no sence pretending otherwise, they rule Utah.
The LDS have the moral authority, and the ability to get legislation with teeth passed, that would make this kind of program unlikely to be profitable.
If they don't do something to help solve the problem, it is as if they condone it; which might as well be promoting it.
Its your job to tell them so.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »
Deborah,
Whatever you say OK. Anyone with half a brain and a computer could dig up as much about any religion, gender, or race.

In my teen help facility the staff was mostly (about 99%) white heterosexual christians. They were cruel, abusive and all the other things you stated here.

Oh but one interesting fact you might like Mormons don't believe in race mixing...they feel other races are inferior. Wow what a small world. Imagine that one bigot hates someone and that mentioned someone...well their bigots also. Welcome to the inane world of bigots where every arguement is circular.

Personally I don't care who likes who or thinks so and so is an abusive cult. Nor is this meant as an attack. My only point is this whole Mormons are bad...no they are not crap is endless.

I could spend all day defending one side then turn around and research for the other.

Did you really think you could "win" such an arguement? Maybe you all should take a course in debate.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »
Please do not feed the trolls.